PDA

View Full Version : Gettin a E-mag, got some questions.

PaintballDude05
07-05-2002, 10:31 PM
Hey all! I am thinkin of gettin a E-mag. Are they really awsome? How light are they? How reliable? Alot of chopage? Not bulky are they? Well I think thats it. If I missed anything, just tell me. Thanks!

Cliffio
07-05-2002, 10:35 PM
in my opinion, they are heavy and bulky, they get really bad when you put a warp on them, reliability wise, you wont find another one like it, chop wise, out of the box some people have problems, but level 10 may reduce some chopps

Cliff

magman007
07-05-2002, 10:37 PM
well there really nice and i love my e-mag. There hevier than the angel fly you were considering, but there thinner. i reccoment one. chiopping is taken care of with the lvl 10 mod. They are hella reliable. there not bulky, and there hella awesome. you will be happy

Cliffio
07-05-2002, 10:38 PM
they are heavier than all angels

Load SM5
07-05-2002, 10:47 PM
Well, they are a bit heavier but not obscenely so. Tote a shocker around for a day with the air to feed it and then see what feels heavy. They are very reliable, the trigger is fab and with the level 10 chopping is all but a thing of the past. I recommend firing any high end gun before you buy one, though.

rx2
07-05-2002, 11:30 PM
I have had some problems with my wrists that have made weight an issue (fortunately in the past, for now), but I have never had a problem with heavy markers, at all. I started with very heavy markers, so perhaps that has something to do with it, but it seems that I have never had fatigue problems, or any sort of discomfort associated with weight. Even with day-long games, I still pulled through quite well.
That being said, those E-Mags that I have used are heavier than other markers (thanks to liberal amounts of SS), but I really don't notice it. For all of its other selling points, I think weight is a trivial consideration, at least for myself. Perhaps for some, it may be the straw that breaks the camel's back, but for most it shouldn't be a problem.
But, as I have stated, I have never been able to relate to the need to shave of that last picogram more. E-Mags are heavier, but you have to see for yourself whether or not this extra weight is acceptable.

alkafluence
07-05-2002, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5
Well, they are a bit heavier but not obscenely so. Tote a shocker around for a day with the air to feed it and then see what feels heavy. They are very reliable, the trigger is fab and with the level 10 chopping is all but a thing of the past. I recommend firing any high end gun before you buy one, though.

I don't know what everyone keeps talking about in terms of chopping. I have shot several cases of Diablo Blaze through an Emag with the stock barrel and have not chopped a single ball. All this while shooting at pretty decent rates of fire, in both game conditions and on the range.

Load SM5
07-05-2002, 11:59 PM
I agree, I rarely chopped with my old e-mag and rarely chop with my SFL E-mag. But it can and does happen for any number of reasons, mostly having to do with an inadequate loader. But mags of all types have a reputation for being blenders, mostly unfounded, but the rep is there. Level 10 takes away that excuse.

And one of the original questions asked was about choppage. So it was addressed and not just something we brought up as an issue.

spyder3634
07-06-2002, 08:14 AM
well i just got an emag and my first impressions are. its heavier than my old classic mag, but not too much, i can deal with it. lvl 10 eliminates chops. very thin and sleek, but kinda heavy. i dont think its bulky at all, i have pretty big hands and the trigger frame is great. and then the trigger is just unbelivable with the magnets and such. awesome gun all around:)

cphilip
07-06-2002, 09:57 AM
Read my signature... :)

Cliffio you know I get a little tired of your lurking just waiting to trash mags. You know I do not agree with much of your opinion and you hardly have ANY experience with them at all. You owned one for like a few weeks and hardly used it. And went and got an SFL knowing a few of them had issues. Why is it you feel the need to be such an anti-mag freak. Get over it dude. Your wearing out your welcome. Everyone tolerates you about this but please do not alienate us. You know we love ya dude but dang you are kinda getting to be a pain on this issue! :)

I love my emag. Never chopped it yet even before lvl 10. Oh well wait the rt pro never has chopped either except the time my kid forgot to turn the revy on at the break! DoooH!

Cliffio
07-06-2002, 11:10 AM
that is simply not true, i played with it more than once and had chopping problems with it, it was also heavy for being a micro, im sorry if what i say hurts anyones feelings, and i must argue when you say that i am lurking around waiting to trash mags, that is simply not true, i tell what i know, i hated mine, and not because im close minded or i wouldnt of traded for the dang thing

i would type on but i gotta go to work,

i have not told one lie in this thread, the emags are heavy and to me it was bulky with a warp on it. i gave it good marks on reliability but you cant deny some mags have chopping problems, that was the extent of the Mag "Bashing"

im sorry if you happen to be in a bad mood or whatever, but i hardly look for a fight here, i never post outragous things, i hardly ever flame, i honelty dont know why you have a problem with what i said, it was my opinion and im sorry if you dont agree but that not a reason to attack me, now i would like to think that we are pals, so have a nice one phil

Cliff

just fyi- i never had a sfl

Kevmag
07-06-2002, 11:10 AM
The marker is great. If I could do it again, I would probably look into the colored E-Mag b/c they're supposed to be lighter. I've never had a problem with chopping.

cphilip
07-06-2002, 09:34 PM
Cliffio, I am not in a bad mood at all. Simple facts. You had it less than a month hardly played with it and were always an Angel nut through and through. Nothing wrong with that and I respect that. And it was your very first mag ever. And you gave it no chance and you knew very little about mags realy. I can do plenty of post searches on it if you like. I was pretty certain it was a SFL. And you put it up for sale here before you even had it a month when the IR3's came out. But that is fine, no matter. I realy was glad you got what you wanted. But all this can be verified via history. But now...your attitude does remain as I described reguardless of the exact facts. Your posts prove it. Do a search and see. Give it a break my friend. And I do consider you a friend. Realy I do. But your mag bashing tirade is getting on my nerves. OK? Its not based on facts or first hand experience and its got to be pointed out. Sorry you chose to take this route. I am not going to sit by and humor it much longer.