PDA

View Full Version : Why I hate Warpfeed

blnk162
07-06-2002, 12:19 AM
Ok now i am not forcing my beliefs on anyone or hating on them for whey they use, but I am here to voice why i dont like warpfeeds since so many people praise them.

1.)They are a Crutch for people who cannot shoot off hand.
They really are, i mean the warpfeed has some great engineering and if you like it cool, you may think it has a huge tactical advantage but im still going to shoot you out just as easily if you didnt have a warpfeed.And this can be proven by the fact of playing agd sponsored teams with warpfeeds.Not Knocking their skill cuz they are mad ballers but it didnt make a difference.

2.)They are for people who get hit in the hopper.
To tell you the truth i dont get shot in the hopper, so i dont see how the warpfeed would help me in that sense.

3.)weight and Bulk
Now yes a warpfeed is only 1 pound, but thats one pound that is slowing me down and deteriorates my maneuvering ability. It is also awkward having it on the side of ur gun.

4.)the bps argument
Ok so the warpfeed is the only thing that can keep up with the emag on hybridso what cuz i know none of you are shooting 16 bps in electro. the difference between 16bps and 14 bps really isnt gunna make a difference, im not one of those OMG SEMI AUTOS SUCK GET A PUMP, ALL U DO IS DUMP PAINT, but honestly if you snap shoot for 2 seconds at a person, and u shoot 28 balls at a person or 32 balls at a person and miss, your not gunna be able to blame your rate of fire on 2 bps.

And to quote danny love "It's really funny these days how some people can suck so bad but you really can't tell beacause of all the paint they are shooting"

Thats my 2 pennies, flame all you want I dont care, oh yeah I played a few tournies with a warpfeed before so its not like i dont have a clue.

SqueegeeKid
07-06-2002, 12:31 AM
I didn't get a Warp for any reason you mentioned.

I bought it to balance out my gun. That hopper sticking a foot above the rest of my gun didn't feel right. Having it on the side feels GREAT to me. I like the fact it is lower, but i didn't get one because i got shot in the hopper all the time. I usually get it in the waist/thigh area. AGD isn't going to design some funny box to help me there....

The one thing i hate about Warps, no OFF button. I feel stupid, but i've shredded a few balls trying to turn my powerfeed around. (i'm extra safe) :)

It's all preference though bro.

blnk162
07-06-2002, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by SqueegeeKid
I didn't get a Warp for any reason you mentioned.

I bought it to balance out my gun. That hopper sticking a foot above the rest of my gun didn't feel right. Having it on the side feels GREAT to me. I like the fact it is lower, but i didn't get one because i got shot in the hopper all the time. I usually get it in the waist/thigh area. AGD isn't going to design some funny box to help me there....

The one thing i hate about Warps, no OFF button. I feel stupid, but i've shredded a few balls trying to turn my powerfeed around. (i'm extra safe) :)

It's all preference though bro.

yes it is all preferance, and im giving you the reasons to why i dont prefer spending over 100 dollars on something that didnt do me any good in the past.

SqueegeeKid
07-06-2002, 12:41 AM
I know, thats why i didn't chew your face off like most jerks would when you put down a product they like. I respect your thoughts.

I just stated MY preference, perhaps we could pool everyones thoughts on the subject and have a merry old time.

blnk162
07-06-2002, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by SqueegeeKid
I know, thats why i didn't chew your face off like most jerks would when you put down a product they like. I respect your thoughts.

I just stated MY preference, perhaps we could pool everyones thoughts on the subject and have a merry old time.

good way to put it, you got my back in a battle

FeuerFri
07-06-2002, 12:59 AM
warps are a lot like mags, lota ppl love them to death, others completly dispise them, others just don't care, and to some, they don't feel right. if i could afford one i'd love to get one cause of the ability to be that compact to fit in a bunker, which is extreamly nice for use bigger players who need the extra room in tight spots.

just my 10cents

TheBigRaguPB4L
07-06-2002, 01:19 AM
Anyone who flames you is just a child anyways. Just because it's made by AGD, doesn't mean you're supposed to love it. This sport is all about preference. Someone's opinion doesn't make any gun/product good or bad. It's just that the person didn't feel right or comfortable with it. It works for some people, and doesn't for others.

I am a mag fanatic. I recently bought an impulse. I played with a few games and it shot pretty good. It is a good gun. I've had a few problems with chopping, but i've been told it's in it's "break-in" period(It's funny, chop 4 times in one night with an impulse, i need to give it some time. Chop once in 2 months with a Mag, it's a blender, go figure). Now don't get me wrong, it's a great gun. It definitely shoots great. It's fast, good trigger, good balance, but it's just not me. I realize now i will only be truly comfortable with a mag. Which is why i just recently got an E-mag.

You tried it, you didn't like it, big deal. Not everyone is going to like warpfeed. I do, cool. Don't be affraid to express your opinions. That's the cool thing about this place. Just because you don't like the product, we can still be open minded as to why and other things. There will be a few exceptions, but for the most part, i think no one will be stupid about your opinion. Like i said, they're probably children anyways.

~WarpedRT~
07-06-2002, 01:45 AM
I love my warp. I dont have to be affraid when someone tries to snap shoot me, they wouldnt hit me anyway. It makes you a much smaller target, and hardly anyone can hit you. I used to duck back in every time someone popped out and shot at me, now I just stay there a second longer to get out those few last balls that will make the most difference.

paintslinger
07-06-2002, 01:47 AM
ok first off nobody said warpfeeds are just perfect and can do no wrong.
1.)They are a Crutch for people who cannot shoot off hand. *but im still going to shoot you out just as easily if you didnt have a warpfeed.*

its obvious that with a warp u cant shoot off hand or it'll be really hard to...people know this before they buy the warp so its not gonna bother them. also nobody ever said that having a warp is just gonna magically make u a better player. and we are all proud of u having enough skill to shoot a player with a warp.

2.)They are for people who get hit in the hopper.
To tell you the truth i dont get shot in the hopper, so i dont see how the warpfeed would help me in that sense.

nobody said that the warp feed was for everybody

3.)weight and Bulk
Now yes a warpfeed is only 1 pound, but thats one pound that is slowing me down and deteriorates my maneuvering ability. It is also awkward having it on the side of ur gun.

well i noticed that mainly only the backplayers have warps so it doesn't affect them much b/c they dont move that much or care about weight b/c they aren't running to the 50 every game.

4.)the bps argument

well nobody does shoot 28bps or 32 but i know my friend used to also outshoot his 12v and once he got his warp he hasn't had that problem in a long time. this also helps when backmen have to dump alot of paint in the lanes when a game starts skipping shots while doing this would have to suck.

peace

shartley
07-06-2002, 05:48 AM
I may have missed it, but I don’t recall seeing anyone mention the single most useful aspect about the Warp (IMHO) besides the reduction of silhouette… you can shoot strings at almost ANY angle.

But personally, this whole Thread is like someone going to Ford’s site and saying “Why I hate pickup trucks.” Hey, if you don’t like them, don’t BUY them… it is that simple. This is not a flame (trust me), but I can’t see a single reason for this thread but to bash the product.. which is a flame in itself. Its whole demeanor was flame bait…. Which seems to be a pattern.

skirts
07-06-2002, 06:47 AM
well if no one else is going to FLAME rami (blnk162) for being an idiot then i will...

rami, shut up
you are driving me nuts...
im amazed at what you will do to try and get attention for yourself, dont come on my site and tell me that you have no problem shooting AGD sponsered teams, and dont come on my site to tell me that our products (like the warp) sucks and give as little back up as you did.

a crutch for people that shoot off handed?????
i am offended for all the people that shoot warps.
why shoot with your left hand when you can do it just as easily with your right.

more amazing is you telling all these people that you dont get shot in the hopper...
i am curious if you even play paintball or are you getting centerpunched so often on the break that you dont even get a chance to get your gun up.

rami, grow up...
i have given you a few chance allready but you are treading on thin ice brother.
this is your final warning

skirts

dropkick1
07-06-2002, 08:02 AM
word.

ken

Jonno06
07-06-2002, 09:26 AM
wowzers.....you go skirts....

i dun really know why i baught my warp,i found a good deal,and never used one before,and I love it...

i cant shoot lefted for poo anyway....im not a pansy,and dont mind 1lb....the bps thing,dont get me started....and the hopper hits....if you get hit in the hopper,its ur own fault....but it gives people confidence,they think,i have no hopper for them to hit,they pop out more ofter,might get more eliminations...who knows...

cphilip
07-06-2002, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by blnk162
They are for people who get hit in the hopper.

That I do not believe... unless you never played! I gotta call BS on that one. Hopper hits probably account for 30 40 percent of eliminations. NO one who has played a few games can say what you do. Unless you never make it to a bunker on the break? :)

Thats my 2 pennies, flame all you want I dont care, oh yeah I played a few tournies with a warpfeed before so its not like i dont have a clue.

No sorry you do not have a clue. And your opinion is not worth the two pennies. Your credibility from your earlier statement proves that. Don't mean to flame just calling it like I see it. You need to spend more time thinking and studying rather than posting half baked opinions.

irbodden
07-06-2002, 10:01 AM
Hmm, after the AGD tour we all went to CC, and let me tell you it IS much harder to shoot someone using a Warp. I personally don't like how it feels though- would take getting some used to I guess ..

Clare
07-06-2002, 10:02 AM
it took me a little while to get used to it but I love it

by the way, it's not THAT heavy

rehme
07-06-2002, 10:42 AM
the reason why i got my warp feed was to stop chopping balls and you know what IT DID stop chopping and i was not short stroking it. Also i think it balance my gun out preaty and i have a halo on the gun. Another thing grow some muscles.

raehl
07-06-2002, 12:41 PM
I can't quite figure out of blnk182 here says stupid things because he's slow or says stupid things because he likes the threads he starts to have more posts.

But hey...

1) It's actually a little harder to shoot off handed with a warp, at least in my opinion. But I've never shot offhand really anyway, I'd just stick the tank on my left shoulder and pull my left arm underneath. Actually end up with less arm hanging out that way.

2) You're probably not getting hit in the hopper because half your body is hanging out and you're getting shot there. Aside from the occasional getting bunkered, I almost never get hit anywhere other than my gun and mask anymore now that I use the warp. Gun, mask and hopper when I didn't. Regardless, i'm with Cphillip, the whole "I don't get hit in the hopper" thing is just stupidity. Well, maybe if you're using 10 round tubes....

3) At least this one makes some sense. Some people don't think the extra weight and the change i the balence of their gun is worth it. I don't understand this, as I'm a fairly skinny guy and it doesn't bother me in the slightest, but whatever floats your boat.

4) It's not the BPS. It's the RELIABLE bps. Maybe not so much of an issue with Halo's nowadays, but those VL's and Rico's do NOT feed a constant stream of balls. They feed in spurts, and spurts cause problems. With the warp, you pull the trigger, the warp puts a ball in the chamber, period.

And you missed one of the big reasons I've heard that people don't like warps: Paint getting stuck. I now quite a few people who won't use them because when they did their paint was too big to too oily or not oily enough for the warp to work right and caused them problems. Never had a problem myself personally though.

- Chris

blnk162
07-06-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by skirts
well if no one else is going to FLAME rami (blnk162) for being an idiot then i will...

rami, shut up
you are driving me nuts...
im amazed at what you will do to try and get attention for yourself, dont come on my site and tell me that you have no problem shooting AGD sponsered teams, and dont come on my site to tell me that our products (like the warp) sucks and give as little back up as you did.

a crutch for people that shoot off handed?????
i am offended for all the people that shoot warps.
why shoot with your left hand when you can do it just as easily with your right.

more amazing is you telling all these people that you dont get shot in the hopper...
i am curious if you even play paintball or are you getting centerpunched so often on the break that you dont even get a chance to get your gun up.

rami, grow up...
i have given you a few chance allready but you are treading on thin ice brother.
this is your final warning

skirts

See thats the thing here, I never said the products sux, and in fact said it has amazing engineering.

The crutch for people who cannot shoot offhand is when you DONT have a warpfeed. Meaning that if you cannot shoot offhand a warpfeed fixes this problem and allows you to shoot at any angle. But it doesnt help you make up for a lack of skill.

This is my final warning how? Oh someone isnt allowed to have a brain? I never once stated that the prodcut sucks, I gace my opinion on why I do not like or use the product. Its all nice when someone bashes and angel or and autococker but I didnt even bash the warpfeed, just stated why I dislike it, if theres a problem with me being opinionated then there is a very big problem with this message board as a whole.

blnk162
07-06-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
They are for people who get hit in the hopper.

That I do not believe... unless you never played! I gotta call BS on that one. Hopper hits probably account for 30 40 percent of eliminations. NO one who has played a few games can say what you do. Unless you never make it to a bunker on the break? :)

No sorry you do not have a clue. And your opinion is not worth the two pennies. Your credibility from your earlier statement proves that. Don't mean to flame just calling it like I see it. You need to spend more time thinking and studying rather than posting half baked opinions.

If im getting shot out its because Im
1.)playing stupig and stick out with a stream of balls coming at me and get hit in the gun
2.)I get mugged hardcore
3.)Im in the back and am the last player alive
4.)A player gets an amazing angle on me and doesnt matter how much I tuck in Im still exposed.

Yah my opinion isn't worth 2 pennies because I have the balls to state an opinion of why I dont like warpfeed, oh no booohoooo that someone doesnt like an agd product and used the PAINTBALL TALK forum to state my opinion, where im allowed to talk about anything paintball related. Far be it from me to "disrespect" your sheltered community where logocal opinions arent allowed.

Dubstar112
07-06-2002, 01:17 PM

See thats the thing here, I never said the products sux, and in fact said it has amazing engineering.

The crutch for people who cannot shoot offhand is when you DONT have a warpfeed. Meaning that if you cannot shoot offhand a warpfeed fixes this problem and allows you to shoot at any angle. But it doesnt help you make up for a lack of skill.

This is my final warning how? Oh someone isnt allowed to have a brain? I never once stated that the prodcut sucks, I gace my opinion on why I do not like or use the product. Its all nice when someone bashes and angel or and autococker but I didnt even bash the warpfeed, just stated why I dislike it, if theres a problem with me being opinionated then there is a very big problem with this message board as a whole.

Ok, I still dont understand how it is a crutch for off hand shooting. Off hand shooting isnt a necessity, neither is warpfeed, they interact inversley. I dont see whats so great about off hand shooting. I see warp as an advantage. I think NPPL should make them mandatory, that way everyone could try it before they bash it.(not directed at blink.)

off hand shooting- no warpfeed

warpfeed- no off hand shooting

liigod
07-06-2002, 01:22 PM
i dont like warpfeed, but this post was...

blnk162
07-06-2002, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by liigod
i dont like warpfeed, but this post was...

How was it inappropriate, i had reason behind why I dont like warpfeed, I never told you any of you not to like it

Nitroduck
07-06-2002, 01:34 PM
This had to be the most retarded thread out there.

If you don't like something , good for you but you don't have to go around telling everyone else why you don't like it.

blnk162
07-06-2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Nitroduck

If you don't like something , good for you but you don't have to go around telling everyone else why you don't like it.

but its ok for someone to be like "I LOVE MY NEW RT" or something along those lines.....

Paintballer86
07-06-2002, 01:49 PM

Yeah, honestly, I think I got stupider reading your posts blnk.

irbodden
07-06-2002, 01:49 PM
Dude, you come to an AGD sponcered forum and don't expect people to defend a product they like?

Everyone on the forum agrees, its alright to NOT like something AGD makes. They aren't perfect, but your post was trash! You make little sense, and don't cover alot of the KEY aspects of what the Warpfeed does.

I don't even like the Warpfeed. I don't like it because it doesn't feel right for me, and if thats how you feel say it. Otherwise keep it closed and don't slander a fine product with your lies and ignorance.

blnk162
07-06-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by irbodden
Dude, you come to an AGD sponcered forum and don't expect people to defend a product they like?

Everyone on the forum agrees, its alright to NOT like something AGD makes. They aren't perfect, but your post was trash! You make little sense, and don't cover alot of the KEY aspects of what the Warpfeed does.

I don't even like the Warpfeed. I don't like it because it doesn't feel right for me, and if thats how you feel say it. Otherwise keep it closed and don't slander a fine product with your lies and ignorance.

uh huh, lies and ignorance and slander, are you people so dumbfounded that id have to physically show you people on the field what i mean in my explanation?

paintballrulzs
07-06-2002, 02:12 PM
Hate your warp? I hate mine with a passion. Nothing but trouble since day 1. My parents won't let me buy anymore stuff for my mag so i am trying to find someone who will trade level 10 for it, but no luck!

irbodden
07-06-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by paintballrulzs
Hate your warp? I hate mine with a passion. Nothing but trouble since day 1. My parents won't let me buy anymore stuff for my mag so i am trying to find someone who will trade level 10 for it, but no luck!

Are you like 11 years old or something? Or do your parents buy you your gear?

Jonno06
07-06-2002, 02:50 PM
lol,this thread isnt stupid,its comical......

my warp is (-)ella cuu

paintbattler
07-06-2002, 03:28 PM
i think u have ALL of that wrong

RT_Luver
07-06-2002, 03:37 PM
I too am not forcing my beliefs on anyone, but these are the reasons I BOUGHT a warpfeed.

1) when your a front player and you want a little of a profile as possible....havin the warp feed lower your hopper beside you. this does 2 things. as stated b4, it lowers the hopper, and 2 my face is going to be right where it is whether I have a warp or not and that is right where it pouts the hopper. so it also protects my face and since my hopper is at my face it basically takes away part of my setup almost.

2) I like the way the warp looks. I(personal thing, some ppl might not..but ohwell...I like it) think it makes the gun look better IMHO

3) since you dont have a big hopper stickin out, you can pop in and outta bunkers faster and easier with ppl not detecting you as easily

RRfireblade
07-06-2002, 03:42 PM
I don't want to force my opinions on anyone here BUT.....

I hate when I slide into a bunker and my underwear goes up my butt.

Oops,am I in the wrong thread? I thought this was to post things you hate for absolutly no good reason and so no one else can benefit from the info.

Jay.

Dubstar112
07-06-2002, 03:43 PM
Wow, people like get opinions about thier fantastic new RT, its a self esteem thing. This must be boosting your self esteem to watch people argue about whether or not its appropriate, intelligent, or what not.

Other than that, I honestly cant find a purpose of this thread- LMAO(ironic?)

Dalai
07-06-2002, 04:01 PM
i agree with a few of the regular AOers that the comment
"i dont like warpfeeds" is a little silly as it isnt
especially helpfull particularly as this is AO and while
not wishing to slag you off its not as if your Shane Pestana. :)

CRog075
07-06-2002, 04:10 PM

I dont want to get into this, but thast just like saying its useless for someone to make a thread liking a product, but its wrong if they dislike a product? Hey, I bet if WGP or anothr company made the WARP, and blink made a post about it, all you guys would agree, but since AGD made it, its wrong to bash it. I never tried the warp so I aint saying nothing about it, im just saying its dumb how over upset or mad you guys get when someone says there opinions about a product, sheesh some of you need to groow up.

Aranarth
07-06-2002, 04:27 PM
Personally, I don't have any problem with anyone coming here posting about how they don't like any product, regardless of whether its agd or not.
Originally, this post started out with a lot of opinion, though, on the part of blnk. My response to that is, 'Wow, I guess you are just amazing. Now I will go on with my life and let the product help me in ways that it won't help you. Too bad for you.'
You've posted why you don't like it. It sounds to me like your post sums up to, "Me and my equipment are too good for it. We don't need it." Well, me and my equipment find it very useful. We like being able to fire our gun upside down under that crack in the bunker's bottom. We like consistant strings of balls. We like that extra time the reduced profile gives us as we shoot over the top of a bnker.
I like the edge it gives me. If we have the same skill level, and I have that edge, I win. Simple as that. You don't have to use this advantage, and you are welcome to have lots of rationalized opinions about why you don't want it.
-AranarthX

Dalai
07-06-2002, 04:43 PM
aside from blink 162's comments i do think that there could be a couple of improvements made to the warp as well as the previously metioned on/off switch, i think (and that doesn't mean a great deal) that the possible integration of the loader and warp would help both with the bulkiness issue and with useability .there would be no need to worry about B.E. litigation with the warps vibe/direct input activation and the integration of the two units would mean that you could use a single rechargeable battery pack instead of the 4 9v batteries in a warp/revo combination by keeping the sides of the paint compartment squared off you could reduce unit width also with a warp/revo combi total paint capacity is somewhere around 240 reduce this by 10 to 20 so as not to cause probs at ltd paint tourneys and the whole unit could easily end up a good bit lighter and slimmer than the current revo/warp combi's the mounting bracket could also do with being beefed up even us b.p's have to move up the field occasionally.

RRfireblade
07-06-2002, 06:30 PM
The problem is not that someone dislikes a product.I have no problem with that.The problem IMO is that the forums are supposed to be here to help share information and other
things to help other players and to support and increase the longevity of the sport.Unless someone requests "info" on the Warp OR you have a defected unit you would like some corraboration on,I see no point in offering useless personal views that serve to do no good to anyone here other than to start obvious controversy.There is all ready enough useless nonsense on here and it is growing at an exponential rate IMO. I think I speak for the rest of the serious AO'ers when I say we are tired of sifting through miles of sand to find 1 single nugget.Everything Blnk stated was purely personal opinion,opinion that no one asked for.
Where do you draw the line.I guess I could start a thread saying "My favorite color is purple and here is why I hate Blue." That should help a lot of people huh.
I'm sorry for being long winded,but if I wanted read the rantings of 10-12 year old kids I would spend my time at PBNation or maybe Chucky Cheese.

Sorry if I wasted anyones time.I'm all ready sorry I wasted mine.

Jay.

Troy
07-06-2002, 09:11 PM
What was the point of the post?
To state the problems you have with the warp or critize people who use them. Is Blk162 trying to warn people who are thinking of buying a warp? The purpose seems to just get a rise out of warp users.

1."They are just a crutch for people who cannot shoot offhand."

-I believe you play for strikforce. If you shoot out AGD teams so easily what happened in the centerflag seven man(The only time i believed we played)? Also, after your showing at the Chicago open I'd say your team needs a crutch.

2. "...I don't get shot in the hopper..."

-Thats because we wanted to give you welts.

3. "Weight and bulk"

-your only valid point you should have left it at that and you wouldn't have to worry about getting flamed.

4. "the BPS argument"

-You can still tell how bad a team is you just have to look at the score board.

Russ
07-06-2002, 09:31 PM
blnk162,

your not stating why YOU don't like the warp, your criticizing those who DO use a warp...You claim that your just stating LOGICAL opinions, I suggest you carefully re-read your opening post!

My question to you is, do you have a warp feed? Or are you just trolling for an argument?

Russ

paintballrulzs
07-06-2002, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by irbodden

Are you like 11 years old or something? Or do your parents buy you your gear?

Um no. I am 16. My parents are sick of all my money going into paintball. They are making me put money away for school clothes and i am not allowed to buy stuff for my gun for a little while because i have bought way to much stuff. I will end up buying it though.

Muzikman
07-06-2002, 09:58 PM
Thanks Russ, you just saved me from having to type almost the same excat thing:)

Originally posted by Russ
blnk162,

your not stating why YOU don't like the warp, your criticizing those who DO use a warp...You claim that your just stating LOGICAL opinions, I suggest you carefully re-read your opening post!

My question to you is, do you have a warp feed? Or are you just trolling for an argument?

Russ

Army
07-06-2002, 10:09 PM
Right, wrong, or indifferent, his opinion is just that, his. We should not tear him apart just because he posted his observations on the Warp.

He said he had one, and gave us his conclusions about it. Rather than crap on him, we should have simply stated our opinions as to why you would WANT a Warp Feed on your gun.

Well, that didn't happen.