PDA

View Full Version : level 10 technical questions

the electrician
07-06-2002, 08:12 AM
I don't know if this is deep blue material, but here it goes.
froim the design of the level 10, it seems that there is less pressure moving the bolt foward and less speed.also you fine tune the spring tension to help with the process.
So it seems that there would be less pressure on the sear, there making the trigger pull feel a bit lighter? it also seems that this bolt moves farther into the barrel before firing the ball. now would this/does this have a improving effect on accuracy?
I find it to be an great idea and I can't wait to try it on my pneumatic-trigger mag

FreshmanBob
07-06-2002, 02:23 PM
Don't forget that the bolt is not smacking into the ball nearly as hard anymore. It's more of a shove, that could impact something as well. I've also noticed an increase in accuracy with the level 10, not sure why.

BlackVCG
07-07-2002, 02:38 AM
It should make the trigger pull less, but surprisingly noone is commenting on it, so I'm wondering if the increased chamber pressure because of the longer springs is making it feel more like the original pull. It still should be noticeable though, because there is less force on the bolt in the initial stage. I don't have LVL 10, so I can't comment on what I've noticed.

The PT tip is tuned to release the pressure as far down the barrel as possible. This does lead to less blowback. Accuracy is just a function of consistency. So if you're noticing it to be more accurate, then this would imply that the gun is more consistent.

nerobro
07-07-2002, 04:46 AM
Most of what you feel on the trigger.. (presure wise) comes from the on/off. The troigger feel is unchanged on my micromag... but the benchmark frame on that gun makes a stingray feel good.

hitech
07-17-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by nerobro
Most of what you feel on the trigger.. (presure wise) comes from the on/off...

Are you sure about that? Tom told me that the on/off pin is a minor part of the pressure in the eMag.

Killaman
07-17-2002, 09:10 PM
It has to be... the on/off valve is run by pressure... but the end of it... if you polish it you get a softer pull....

chris99506
07-24-2002, 04:42 PM
will the lvl 10 affect blowback??? better or worse?:confused:

FreshmanBob
07-24-2002, 08:13 PM
Blowback on my micromag is a lot less but still there. Also I have noticed an increase in accuracy in my gun as well, if anything the trigger got a little bit more snappy.

legion
07-25-2002, 09:59 AM
In the emag, the on-off consists of absolutely 0% of how the trigger pulls (in e-mode), as that is all controlled by magnets, in manual mode on the other hand, it would be about 50/50 in a level 7, in a level 10, the bolt is putting almost no pressure on the sear, so what you're feeling in a level 10 is the on/off pin primarily..

Legion

FreshmanBob
07-28-2002, 08:33 AM
I never thought of how little pressure there is with level 10 on the sear from the bolt, I wonder if that means sear's will last longer?

hitech
07-31-2002, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by legion
...in manual mode on the other hand, it would be about 50/50 in a level 7...

I don't believe that is true. Here is what Tom said:

Originally posted by AGD
Yes your right it would lighten the on/off pin pressure but in the Emag with the RT style pin it is actually a smaller component of the trigger force than the sear latching on the bolt. We did think about doing that before.

Good idea though, keep thinking.

AGD