PDA

View Full Version : My new Back-up gun

Load SM5
07-06-2002, 10:53 AM
I saw a good deal and could'nt pass it up.I'm headed off to the field in a few mintues to go shoot some paint out of it. I figured as long as I'm collecting cocker barrels for one gun.....

FutureMagOwner
07-06-2002, 11:06 AM
nice gun looks like its got everything on it that you need

a few things i would suggest are maybe new internals(hammer, hammer spring, valve) depending on what its got in there and some real nice milling would look sweet

AngelBoy
07-06-2002, 11:08 AM
I thought back-up guns were sposed to be reliable?:D

Load SM5
07-06-2002, 11:14 AM
Ok so not exactly back-up. Mechanical mode on my SFL is my real back-up. This is sort of a last ditch, oh-my-God--the-world-is-ending up.:D

It came with
Chrome Dye double swing trigger
Chrome Shocktech Front reg
Chrome Shocktech bomb 3-way
Chrome Shocktech ram
Shocktech RAT 3:16 valve
Chrome Kapp back block
Black Shocktech Beavertail

And a few other parts I'm selling.

j.t.
07-06-2002, 11:59 AM
what is a "good deal" for a marker like that?

mykroft
07-06-2002, 12:01 PM
Very nice marker. You may want to swap out the Bomb 4-way for a WGP adjustable or DYE job, as the Shocktechs are unreliable, and maybe swap the Ram out for a Palmer or STO job. But other than that, a very good little marker, shouldn't cause you any trouble as long as you DFWI.

Load SM5
07-06-2002, 05:16 PM
I payed $375 without the front reg.

I've heard completely the opposite about the Bomb. It's also very cheap to rebuild. The Ram I plan on replacing with an STO ram. One of the cocker shooting Jax warriors plays at my field and set it up really nice for me today. I plan on leaving it alone for the most part.

j.t.
07-06-2002, 05:26 PM
You only paid 375?! wow, im impressed

Snewk
07-06-2002, 05:32 PM
Mui bien senor Load! Maybe when I get a weekend off I can skeedaddle up to Decatur and play some paintball with ya.

Load SM5
07-06-2002, 05:46 PM
Love to have you. I even have a house full of crash space and a pre-paintball pool to flop in. Just let me know when.

RT_Luver
07-06-2002, 05:58 PM
well....:eek: , besides the fact that its a cocker...its looks nice:D NAH, i'm just playin...it looks sweet. have fun

Rancid Milk
07-06-2002, 06:06 PM
This backup gun is better than my normal gun :)

FutureMagOwner
07-06-2002, 06:48 PM
shocktech ram is a sto ram im pretty sure

and dye is not as good as the bomb(its almost is, and i rather have a dye if it looked good on my gun but non of them seem to look that great on my gun) and the WGP adjustable is just as good as the bomb but with timing adjustable but so you dont need it

i dont know about the shocktech regulator so i cant comment on that

if you wanna go lp which alot of people i would sell the valve and slap on a akalmp tornado valve and lightning bolt. thats if lp is your thing(i know it aint on mags but its nice on cockers from what i hear)

forgot what else i was gunna say(i forget alot :) )