PDA

View Full Version : need help with my minimags quick disconnect (a mag newb question)

Greg98
07-06-2002, 01:04 PM
hey! I finally got my minimag! (after paying UPS 170 dollars CDN! but i love it! it was so worth trading my cocker lol) and as i was watching hte video i decided i'd follow along and field strip the marker. but for the life of me, i cannot take apart the quick disconnect so the valve body and the internals and such will slide out. i pull back on the sliding part, then i try and pull it out but it just won't budge. i use compressed air lines at my job and they seem quite similar, but i just can't seem to get it! thanks alot for any help you guys can provide, this sure is a great forum!

BlackVCG
07-06-2002, 01:07 PM
The o-ring inside might be dry causing it to stick. Drip some oil around the top of the female part (part you pull on to disconnect it), let it sit for a minute and then pull back on the slide with your right hand and with your left hand pull and wiggle the hose up towards the fitting and between wiggling it and pull on it with two hands, you should be able to get it off.

Greg98
07-06-2002, 02:37 PM
hey, thanks alot for the reply. i tried doing exactly what you said and it just won't budge, i even got a friend to help me pull the steel braided line but to no avail. can you think of anything else i could try? thanks alot

Blennidae
07-06-2002, 03:20 PM
Have you tried to remove the front frame screw to separate the body from the rail. It might not be the QD sticking, It might be something else. Pull the trigger, sometimes the on/off pin is down catching on the body, not allowing the valve to slide out.

Skoad
07-07-2002, 01:47 AM
i had the same problem from the disconnect on my vavle, what i ended up doing was unscrewing the valve from the rail, then pulling the trigger so i could pull it out and instead of trying to pull on the hose i pressed down on the quick disconnect part and pulled the valve.

It seemed to work

Greg98
07-07-2002, 12:56 PM
thanks, that seems like a good idea! i'll definately try that, thanks skoad!