PDA

View Full Version : Im going back Mechanical

HyperSnyper
07-06-2002, 06:00 PM
Hello all,

Now with the advent of level 10, I have now decided to go mechnical and trade away my Hyperframe. I will also be going be looking to sell/trade my PF Microbody for a Vertical 2002 one.

I always wanted a mechnical trigger versus a electrnoic. It gives me a lower performance profile. I can also now play at my other field which only allow mechanical triggers only.

I just wantes to know a few things. Can ppl who made the jump from electro to mechnical give me info. Is change that radical. Was your rate of fire hurt alot. When I swap to my GF's Piranha EXT, I really feel the ROF drop.

Also, the quality of the DYE and intelli frames are top notch as I have read. But will there issues when putting them on a Micromag body which has a reputation of being off tolerance? Or will the higher quality frames add more performance (the way I see it, putting a perfect tolerance item on an off tolerance item still equals off tolerance specifications... but what do I know). How short can the trigger pull be on the differing frames (DYE, etc). I have only used a Benchy 2x and felt it a bit long. I have shot someones RT pro last weekend with a Powerlyte 2x, felt decent, there was hardly any kick, but definitely felt more crisp than the usual classic valves. I know this has been asked before and answered which I have found out in the search function. But I still want to stimulate more conversation on it. Can a DYE frame be made to equal an intelli frame by taking out the slop and other tinkering?

LMK all.

-Hyper (going mechanical)

magman007
07-06-2002, 06:55 PM
ok, al im going to say is do not get a dye, there nice and all, but for some reason, agd has decided that a dye frame will void your warrenty. so do not get a dye frame, spend teh money and get an intelli

kosmo
07-06-2002, 08:01 PM
Well I went from a lvl 7 mag to a bushmaster, then I got my RT. My RT doesn't have a very stiff trigger. My friend brought it over one time just to goof around on it and I had never shot one, but when I did, I bought it from him right there and then. Wasn't even for sale, I just had to have it. I can shoot faster with my RT than with my bushy so long as I have the input pressure set at about 850 psi, otherwise it's about equal. It does depend on your finger however. My friend can shoot my bushy as fast as I can, but he just can't rip on his RT as good as me, which is part of why he sold it. It really depends on the individual, some people will have problems going to manual, some wont.

As far as tolerances go, Hyperframes have very tight tolerances from what I hear, so if that fits your micromag body, that specific body has pretty good tolerances. Also, definately go with the intelli frame because it wont void your warranty and it has a short trigger pull as opposed to the sloppy as butter benchmarks.

P.S. go to the field that wont allow electros and kick the owner in the nuts for me.

HyperSnyper
07-06-2002, 09:46 PM
What I was wondering, I just cant stop looking at all the different frames. How hard would it be to put trigger stops in the intelliframe to eliminate all slack whatsoever, bring down the pull as much as possible.

What I was thinking was why not make a simple latch so the trigger rod was attached to the trigger as it was attached to the sear. This was all reverse slack is removed and will make more of a more solid trigger. I know it may create problems when removing the frame from the gun, but I will think some more about making an easy on easy off attachment.

I know the reliability will be tremendously increased with a mechnical. I will never have to worry about wires or connection getting old. Or batteries getting low. I know a bowl of cereal in the morning will be all the "energy chargin" I will need for the whole day of firing.

What Im afraid of is that my snap shooting may get hurt alot since my ROF will drop and I may end up going electro all over again. Theres a guy locally selling his Micro-Emag foir 700. But damn, 700 bux also gets you a damn nice used Angel too. So its either go retro and see what happens, or stay with the Hyperframe and be happy.

-Hyper