PDA

View Full Version : E-Mag running on two 9 volts?

Pensive yet thoughtful
07-06-2002, 11:59 PM
Me and My Father bought two E-mags a week ago, we love them, but don't know much about them. we have always played with mags and love them. but we forget to charge the battery some times and in advertisments they say you can use two 9 volts. how can you do this is there and adapter I need to buy, or did we just not recieve the adapters?

zads27
07-07-2002, 03:05 PM
Well as far as I know, there are no premade kits for that conversion available..

Personally, I say you just remember to charge the battery.. What if you forget to bring extra 9v batteries?
What if you forget to replace them after a full day of playing?
You see, basically the same problems (maybe more) would occur with the two 9v conversion, but if you really do want it..

(parts from radio shack) You can buy 9v battery clips, wire them in series. Put it in a project enclosure. There may be some kind of premade series 9v holder somewhere out there, but I think it would be cheaper and easier (though not cleaner in terms of the look) to do.

Also, there's a reason why the battery pack is so big on the e-mag.
If you used two shrimpy 9v batteries in series, you'd get less than 20% of the battery life of your charged e-mag battery.

BlackVCG
07-07-2002, 04:38 PM
The advertisments are wrong.

They can't run on two 9v's. They don't supply the current needed to reliably operate the solenoid.

Just remember to charge the battery each day before you play, or if you forget, put it in Manual mode.

FaSSt
07-07-2002, 08:33 PM
Unless you are shooting over a case each time you play, your battery should hold enough charge for at least two days of play.