PDA

View Full Version : Fields: Why no electros?

einhander619
07-07-2002, 12:36 AM
I heave heard many people lately talkin about fields that don't allow electronic guns. This makes almost no sense to me. The only reason I can see a field not allowing them is that they might scare off all the newbies and renters. The plus side of allowing electros, though, is the massive amounts of paint most people out through them. Who does the field make more off of, someone who shoots at the most 300 rounds all day, or someone who goes through at least 400 rounds a game? Isn't that where most fields make their money?

Before you grill me, I need to say that I am not downplaying the importance of new players to our sport. Today's newbie will be tomorrow's paintslinging tourney player, and I think that fields should cater to all levels in between those. It wouldn't be hard, have "n00b's only" games and then have "advanced only" games, or seperate fields, for that matter. Fields who limit themselves are missing out on a huge chunk of the market, one that will only get bigger.

(In the meantime, thank god for my RT, the electro that isn't!)

magman007
07-07-2002, 12:50 AM
i think it is rediculess too, but think of it this way, there trying to develop the newbs into becomming the electro paint throwing maniacs, and if you scare em off, then fields in general will loose money. i think it is wack and i even got checked for fa at my field. oh well. gotta love handing the battery to the owner and going off to play, god blessthe e-mag

FooTemps
07-07-2002, 01:02 AM
Hmmmmmm.... I even intimidate newbs with my normal pf mag.... All it has is a cp barrel and a dye drop forward and a revy...

Hmmmmm.... I just realized this needs to be longer... I think it's stupid that you aren't allowed to have electros... I was never afraid of the gun. First day I played, I spent so much time just admiring peoples guns. I thought their guns were cool but I didn't really care if they were toting a spyder or an angel. I was just afraid if they were good or not.

TheBigRaguPB4L
07-07-2002, 01:37 AM
I think it is pretty stupid. You're not going to allow someone to come because you're scared they will scare off someone who will become someone you're going to not allow on to your field when he evolves. I don't know if that makes sense but it seems right.

speedballbanks
07-07-2002, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by TheBigRaguPB4L
I think it is pretty stupid. You're not going to allow someone to come because you're scared they will scare off someone who will become someone you're going to not allow on to your field when he evolves. I don't know if that makes sense but it seems right.

nail right on the head but i have never been to a field where this has happend.

Cliffio
07-07-2002, 01:56 AM
i look at it this way, tourny or rec players with electos shoot more paint that newbies, so go to a field where you are apreciated(sp) even if the prices are higher at least they dont care what gun you have

if they dont want your business convince everyone you know to stay away, descriminating against people because of the gun they shoot is just sad, and plain wrong, if i had a field like that where i live i would make sure they got a piece of my mind every day until they let us play

Cliff

FooTemps
07-07-2002, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Cliffio
i look at it this way, tourny or rec players with electos shoot more paint that newbies, so go to a field where you are apreciated(sp) even if the prices are higher at least they dont care what gun you have

if they dont want your business convince everyone you know to stay away, descriminating against people because of the gun they shoot is just sad, and plain wrong, if i had a field like that where i live i would make sure they got a piece of my mind every day until they let us play

Cliff

But do you really think they'd change even if you bugged them every day they were open?

Cliffio
07-07-2002, 02:02 AM
no but i would feel better knowing that i cursed them out every day

FooTemps
07-07-2002, 02:04 AM
lol, that's a good point... Everyone feels better knowing that

Army
07-07-2002, 02:13 AM
I think the main reason is: field owners relate electro with full-auto, and may have insurance fears about it.

Personally, I have no problem with full-auto, no matter the bps rate. It just means more paint on the bunker, and the sooner your hopper is empty. But I can see full-auto scaring the bejebus out of a first time newby.:cool:

FooTemps
07-07-2002, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by Army
I think the main reason is: field owners relate electro with full-auto, and may have insurance fears about it.

Personally, I have no problem with full-auto, no matter the bps rate. It just means more paint on the bunker, and the sooner your hopper is empty. But I can see full-auto scaring the bejebus out of a first time newby.:cool:

Didn't scare me! lol

liigod
07-07-2002, 02:19 AM
i mainly scare newbiews with my high rates of fire and 16 inch barrels. They think i can hit em from the other end of the feild, its great.

mykroft
07-07-2002, 10:12 AM
It's a rule designed to keep some fields more renter friendly, as a good supply of renters will make the owner far more money than a few teams shooting a case a guy a day(Have you seen the usual renter prices these days?). It's obsolete now, with the advent of Black Dragun's going for $99.

Wc Keep
07-07-2002, 10:25 AM
i fear those newbies with their cheap electros. they have a black dragun or a spyder flash and they think its cool to unlock all the different firing modes. besides rentals at the most expensive field here in jersey are 30 bucks. if yo have your own equipment its 20 plus 10 for an air pass. so in this example the field makes more money off the teams.

irbodden
07-07-2002, 10:45 AM
Alot of fields don't want paintslingers and their attitudes. They are designed, and cater to walk ons, church groups, etc. And they make ALOT more money of them than would a handful of paintslingers. Not all fields are the same..

It is NOT far to call them a bunch of idiots and want to "give them a piece of your mind" when it is THEIR choice. Alot of problems come along with all the paintslingers, the need for more refs, dealing with attitude, guys bringing their own paint, etc. I am not sure it is fair to say "electros not allowed" when there are plenty of mech. guns that can throw the paint as well. A nearby Christian field banned Nitrogen and it worked quite well to keep away the heavy slingers.

Wc Keep
07-07-2002, 10:55 AM
i heard about that ban on nitrogen but what i have to say is what happens to the automag users. most of them have to use nitro because their gun is horrible with co2. there are many people who like to use nitro over co2 on their gun because it causes less hassles. and then what happens when the people bring shockers impulses and cockers which all work extremely well with co2. that i think was dumb to ban nitro.

einhander619
07-07-2002, 12:25 PM
Fortunately, the field I usually play at allows you to shoot what you brought, how you want to shoot it. It's honor among players that generally keeps us from turning on our firing modes. Banning HPA? That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Man, leave it to insurance companies to ruin the american way of life...

And since when is paintslinging not christian?(well, Bright Darkness, my RT, is evil)

RT_Luver
07-07-2002, 03:54 PM
my field allows it and most of the refs shoot like angels and stuff like that. the ppl with the electro's aren't really good. maybe thats a reason they allow it....:rolleyes:

irbodden
07-07-2002, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by einhander619
And since when is paintslinging not christian?

Never said it was..

The field however makes its money catering to Church groups, not to the handful of "tourney" players.

einhander619
07-07-2002, 04:45 PM
Ahh, I see. I was just kidding, as usual. Well, most organizations around my town wouldn't think of paintball as a group activity, unfortunately. Did you know that paintball is outlawed by the Boy Scouts of America as a group activity? That's a shame.

Kevmaster
07-07-2002, 06:07 PM
i cant see myself ever trying to legislate a rule of no electros. the points brought up about tourny players vs newbies/groups is VERY valid. we dont get many tourny players, but we sure get our load of groups/newbies. it is much more profitable to go after the low-med talent level players than the "top" players.

however, we usually put groups into their own private game with a private ref on a different field than the "open play" crew. id never think of turning away people from open play, although i do admit too many of them try to get stuff for free and cry when i tell them they have to pay just as much as everyone else

irbodden
07-07-2002, 06:15 PM
Did you know that paintball is outlawed by the Boy Scouts of America as a group activity? That's a shame.

No it's not, my friend is a boyscout and they go to the local paintball field every October. I usually go with them..

07-07-2002, 06:27 PM
Its better for newbs to play experienced players they learn faster.
Thats how alot of my friends learned how to play. None of them can shoot me though. I am very very sneaky:D .

einhander619
07-07-2002, 07:38 PM
That's odd, my friend's lil bro wnated to take his troop, but the scoutmaster said they couldn't do that because it was "gun related" or something like that. Whatever, I was scouts for like two weeks and all they did was camp. Not the fun, drunken kind of camping, either!

I agree, playing with experienced players helps a TON, but if these kids just want to have fun and screw around, that's different. Sometimes, if the kids are really green, the field owner will loan me a pump gun or something to even the odds a little. Gives the kids a fighting chance, and lets me brush up on my tactics! Everybody wins, good thing my local field is cool.

irbodden
07-07-2002, 07:40 PM
Boyscouts go to the range too..

FooTemps
07-07-2002, 07:47 PM
That's odd, my friend's lil bro wnated to take his troop, but the scoutmaster said they couldn't do that because it was "gun related" or something like that. Whatever, I was scouts for like two weeks and all they did was camp. Not the fun, drunken kind of camping, either!

I agree, playing with experienced players helps a TON, but if these kids just want to have fun and screw around, that's different. Sometimes, if the kids are really green, the field owner will loan me a pump gun or something to even the odds a little. Gives the kids a fighting chance, and lets me brush up on my tactics! Everybody wins, good thing my local field is cool.

Even if they want to screw around, you learn a lot more when screwing around with experienced players.... It's just like when you play sup air/ hyperball 10 on 3. 10 walk ons vs. 3 tourny players. It's hella fun but you learn so much.

Cow
07-07-2002, 08:38 PM
Christ when i was a boyscout about 15 years ago, all we did was shoot 22s and shotguns at camp. That's why i joined up, to shoot guns. They should call it p*ssy scouts now and i'm not talking about girl scouts.