PDA

View Full Version : Fixing Blowback on 2K1 Cocker

Captain Hook
07-07-2002, 07:07 AM
My 2K1 cocker has a very strong blowback everytime it is fired, and i have chopped many balls in the feedneck and they have blown back in to the hopper ruining lots of paint becasue of this. All the internals are stock. If anyone knows how to fix it... That would be great. Thanks.

mykroft
07-07-2002, 12:33 PM
Your cocker is timed too close. When pulling the trigger slowly, it should fire noticeably before the backblock moves. Solution is to either adjust the 4-way, or shorten teh hammer lug. Shortening the hammer lug could cause sear skip, so try adjusting the 4-way until it fires before the 4-way engages and the backblock moves. Properly timed, it should suck a piece of tissue placed over the feed, into the barrel when cycled.

Captain Hook
07-07-2002, 03:41 PM
How would i go about adjsuting the (i have a 3-way)???

KamikazeChiKenz
07-07-2002, 07:11 PM
Three-Way Valve Coupling Adjustment
NOTE: The three-way valve actuating rod should never need adjustment unless the rod is removed. Never remove the rod unless there is a problem with the air reciever or the three-way valve.
In the event the rod requires adjusting, follow these steps:

1. Make sure the barrel plug is installed and the gun does not have a paintball in the barrel or a feeder on the gun.

2. Install air source.

3. There are two set screw on the coupling. Loosen the set screw closest to the trigger.

4. Slide the coupling forward until it stops. (DO NOT FORCE IT.)

5. Take the actuating rod and slide it back until it touches the back of the slot in the trigger. (Don't move the trigger backwards. Just touch the back of the lot with the rod.) Now tighten the set screw.

6. Test fire the gun, slowly moving the trigger backwards until the gun fires. The gun should fire prior to the bolt moving backwards. If it fires properly, no more adjustment is required. If the bolt retracts before firing, repeat steps 3-5.

I found this information on www.paintballtimes.com in the technical section. If you need any more help just give me a call you know how to reach me to give praise to the cocker expert.

KamikazeChiKenz
07-07-2002, 07:13 PM
By the way...Welcome to AO captain hook

Polishpickles451
07-07-2002, 07:32 PM
a ricochet loader prevents blowback do to the one way switch instead of a infared eye like a revvy