PDA

View Full Version : Shootin' an Emag, need a new tank

Eagle
07-07-2002, 03:13 PM
I'm shootin' an Emag, and I've been using an Angel AIR, but it's leakin' by the pressure relief point. I'm tryin' to repair it but I'm not to hopeful. My brother the Caveman has suggested a Maxflow. Any one else fave any other suggestions?

sicones
07-07-2002, 03:18 PM
get a 4500 flatline thats what I have I think the maxflows are ugly

RT_Luver
07-07-2002, 03:20 PM
FLATLINE, max-flo's are much heavier and that reg is just plain FUGLY

magman007
07-07-2002, 03:21 PM
well, if your shootin an e-mag, why do you need an adjustable tank? sell off the angel air, buy a 68ci 4500 system x tank (olny tank to keep up with an e-magnum) abd use the extra money for paint or something.

Russ
07-07-2002, 03:24 PM
What is the max output pressure of the Angel Air? If it's at least 800psi, it will work just fine. If it leaks, fix it!

Russ

Eagle
07-07-2002, 04:40 PM
I want an adjustable tank so I can adjust the trigger bounce, the Angel AIR has a max output of about 900psi, I'm trying to fix it, but it doesn't look likely. A light wieght tank would be nice, but not a nessessity as that I play mostly in the woods utilizing cover and concealment. And I'm concerned with cost, reliability, and performance, not looks.

p8ntballa
07-07-2002, 05:45 PM
Have you had your AIR rebuilt yet? If its one of the earlier ones, that might be your problem.

paintbattler
07-07-2002, 06:05 PM
i say flatline...4.5k

pito189
07-07-2002, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by magman007
well, if your shootin an e-mag, why do you need an adjustable tank? sell off the angel air, buy a 68ci 4500 system x tank (olny tank to keep up with an e-magnum) abd use the extra money for paint or something.

System X 68/4500 should have mine on Tuesday. I will let you know how it feels. Speak with donoggie, he will help you out.

marley618
07-07-2002, 09:54 PM
Get the centerflag dynaflow, or the adjustable hyperflow. Both are great tanks, and I have used both. Good stuff.

DarkRipper
07-08-2002, 09:20 AM
I had the same situation with the AIR, it just never made me all gooey inside.

I got a maxflow (I actually convinced your brother to buy his) and then I got a bad airfill locally that killed it, so it went bye-bye.

Now I'm using a screw in tank... I may go with another maxflow in the future, though.

DR

alkafluence
07-08-2002, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by DarkRipper
I got a maxflow (I actually convinced your brother to buy his) and then I got a bad airfill locally that killed it, so it went bye-bye.

What happened? Did they overfill it, or was the air just "dirty"?

And where was this, so that others know the risk for future reference.

DarkRipper
07-08-2002, 12:34 PM
The air was dirty, probably from the compressor. It got my buddy's Conquest too... he had to send it to Gramps and Grizzley's for repair. Neither one was ever quite the same. Now we rent a scuba when we play there... it's a local field and I don't want to run down their rep online.

Friends of mine and such. Virginia field.

:)
DR

thecavemankevin
07-08-2002, 01:28 PM
I love my max-flo and with the reg set the way it is, gives it a real good balance on my drop. I would say either the max, center flag, or 4.5k flatline. If you decied on the max, let me know, might be able to get you a deal eagle...????

Send the AIR off and have it rebuilt, then sell it!!!

ps.
told you so:p

50 cal
07-08-2002, 05:06 PM
I use a Pure Energy 88ci 4500psi mostly. I occasionally use the 68ci 3k psi when in short games.

CpSuPeRkId
07-08-2002, 07:29 PM
nobody i know that uses an emag actually uses manual mode unless needed. so why get an adjustable to adjust the "bounce"??? pmis and crossfires are both great tanks that arent too expensive(around 200 for 68/4500) and they both give out 800 to 850 which is plenty bounce for manual mode. its just the smart thing to do if ur shooting an emag. if u have to get an adjustable id suggest the flatline or max flo, but id go with the flatline cuz its an AGD product and will go great with your AGD gun!!!

07-08-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Eagle
I want an adjustable tank so I can adjust the trigger bounce, the Angel AIR has a max output of about 900psi, I'm trying to fix it, but it doesn't look likely. A light wieght tank would be nice, but not a nessessity as that I play mostly in the woods utilizing cover and concealment. And I'm concerned with cost, reliability, and performance, not looks. you have an AIR and you: play woods, are concerned with cost, have a stingray in your sig

alkafluence
07-09-2002, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by CpSuPeRkId
nobody i know that uses an emag actually uses manual mode unless needed. so why get an adjustable to adjust the "bounce"???

I disagree here. The truely great mode on the Emag is "hybrid," which uses both mechanical and electronic elements of the Emag's capabilities. So, an adjustable tank is also useful in that highly likely scenario.