PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or...

hostage
07-07-2002, 04:56 PM
Okay you tune your gun up your put a lot of rounds threw it, then you decide to go play. Then when your 3 minutes into the game, your gun malfunctions. Is it me or does happen to anyone else? I haven't played a good game in 4 past times I have been paintballing.
-Hostage

cphilip
07-07-2002, 05:01 PM
must be just you. Never missed a game from a malfunctioning Mag. What exactly is it you do that you call "tuning" it? Sounds like you mess with it to much to me. All I ever have to do is clean and oil mine....

Oooops BooYa huh...well....good luck there. My guess is its not the mag!

InfinatyBPS
07-07-2002, 05:02 PM
Yes it sux, I timed, tuned and tested my cocker and everything was perfect, but as soon as I goto the feild and air up.... PSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... I figured it was soemthing wrong with the pneus so I had to turn off the LPR and cock the gun by hand every time. It sucked... But then I relized somehow the hoses on the 3 way got mixed up :rolleyes:

cphilip
07-07-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by InfinatyBPS
Yes it sux, I timed, tuned and tested my cocker and everything was perfect, but as soon as I goto the feild and air up.... PSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...

Oh well Cocker...thats normal... but he said a Mag. :rolleyes:

lunchbox
07-07-2002, 05:11 PM
i had my boo yah rebuilt and never had a problem with it since.
i let someone use my gun once he said it was messed up said the grip must be broken it wouldnt shoot a ball would fire but no ball came out then he said mayby the revy is bad so i took the gun and within seconds i said you idiot you got the power feed plug backwards so the balls wont feed.
to many people are to quick to jump on the gun as the problem but 90 percent of the time its the user overlooked a set up step at the field.
.cphilip is right though get your gun to the point where its there for you and stop upgrading and tuning because once its there its there.

paintbattler
07-07-2002, 06:15 PM
thats never happended to me..i usually drop my hopper and all my balls come out or it happens before the game

07-07-2002, 06:52 PM
This happened to me and I had to use my good old [b]stock[b] reliable cocker (stock means I havent messed with it). In the end the seal in the valve disappeared when the guy at the proshop was fixing my recent deboccle of putting that little thing in upside down. You guys have no idea how much that upside down thing confused me.:o

FooTemps
07-07-2002, 07:11 PM
It happened to me once... It was the first day out with the mag that tunaman gave me. The velocity was so low it wouldn't fire! :p I forgot to chrono cuz I rushed to the game. Actually, I just realized how unsafe my field is sometimes. The refs forgot to ask me to chrono but they caught their mistake the next game.

hostage
07-07-2002, 08:11 PM
sadly to say the booyaah frame is the most reliable thing on my gun. Eww i hate the darn front screws on the mag, they are always to long, and the screws that i have laying around are to short. so some of my mags i have to put them together with pullties, well i think i am going to keep workign on one of my guns and sell 2 of them. I think ill have a pimped out cocker and a mag.
-Hostage

kosmo
07-07-2002, 10:55 PM
Only time my gun ever just quit working when I got it onto the field was my fault. I chopped a ball at the chrono and turned off my gas, took the valve out and wiped it clean. Slid it back in and went to play, first fires fine, but then the damn thing goes full auto. Turns out I snapped the on/off pin cuz it was sticking out when I slid my valve in. Oops.

RT_Luver
07-07-2002, 11:16 PM
I once had a problem with my rt that i would out the gas in, shoot, take it out, do something, put it in and it would leak. i came to find that it was a lil O-ring that would move, but that was the only problem. and it took me one game to figure it out

J
07-07-2002, 11:30 PM
It's usually the fittings; isn't tight or the macro line blew- that kind of stuff. Last time it was the reg seat- been in there for 2 years, finally had to be replaced.