PDA

View Full Version : Question on nitro systems and differences

hostage
07-07-2002, 10:31 PM
I traded a 114/4500 for a pf mag w/ a Maxflow reg and a 3000 tank. I heard i didn't need a reg for my mag so i never used one, but since I have been reading it says it will give you more of a consistent velocity. should i go w/ a nitro tank directly connected or should i have it go threw a reg?
-Hostage

Tyril
07-08-2002, 07:11 AM
Putting a reg on that setup will be triple-reging your mag. One on the tank, the aftermarket, then the back part of the A.I.R. valve. This will often (though not always) cause shootdown. I've heard both of people doing it and getting no problems, and those whose results were all over the 'graph. I would say it's not worth it, but it's your call.

-mike

Z-man
07-09-2002, 02:18 AM
I have run 3 different tanks on my RT thusfar:

an ACI 114ci 3K Bulldog tank (preset reg. at 800psi)

an AGD 68ci 3K tank set to about 900psi adjustable

and currently a 88ci 4500 Smart Parts Max Flow set at about 620psi.

As was mentioned above, ALL high pressure air tanks have a regulator on them the take the pressure down to around 800psi. Your Retro valve is also a regulator in itself.

The Max Flow systemon the Smart Parts tank you have is acknowledged to be one of the best systems out currently and boasts a high flow rate. It should be more than adequate for your needs and adding a 3rd reg in between the tank and gun does seem overkill. Still it WILL probably make the gun that much more consistant but I am thrilled with my Max Flow's performance.

In my case, I had my AGD tank set to 900-1000psi output and now on my Max Flow I can set it to about 620psi and get the same feel on the gun and it's a bit more efficient in gas use. My case be an extreeme one (I loved my AGD tank) but that's what I have found.

hostage
07-10-2002, 11:07 PM
so you think i should add this rig instead of getting a new one?
-Hostage

mykroft
07-11-2002, 10:02 AM
Just run the 'flo.

Note that that 3000 tank may be reverse threaded, if it's for a 68/3K Flo, which has a removable tank, with an on/off. This is double regging your system then, but with the flow rate of the Max-Flo, you won't have problems.

hostage
07-11-2002, 12:23 PM
yeah it is reversed threaded, so I think i will get it rehydroed. Thanx buddy!
-Hostage