PDA

View Full Version : How about this Automag modification...

InfinatyBPS
07-08-2002, 04:23 AM
What if you were to have a ram holding the bolt back instead of a spring then when u pull the trigger you set the ram to release the pressure on the bolt and then the the sear(which dosent release the bolt anymore, it just opens the valve) opens the valve with the sear and scicne there is no pressure in the ram or mabe reverse pressure it shoots the bolt forward and shoots the ball just like regular? I don't know the benefits realy, other than it would look cool and you wouldnt have to worry about sear wear and it seems like all you would need is a new trigger set up and sear and some cocker pneus... and just modify the body of the gun so there is a slot for the ram to have a pump arm atached to the bolt so u would need to modify the bolt to have a hole on the side to attach the ram rod to... Anyone know what I'm talking about? If anyone is confused ask what you are confused about and I will answer or if you are just completely like "What is he talking about" then I will post step by step opperation of the gun...

mykroft
07-08-2002, 10:26 AM
You're forgetting the on/off pin, which is also activated by the sear. Now you can have a ram activated sear, that's what Punisher does on the Automacker.

InfinatyBPS
07-08-2002, 03:30 PM
Thats what I meant when I said that the sear would still open the valve, but I guess you could split the line somehow and have one going to the main ram and have another goto a mini ram inside the grip to activate the on/off... it would probably give a much lighter and smooother pull than having to manualy pull the sear to open the on/off.
Anyone else have anything to say?

Ok here would be the operation of the marker...

Triggr is pulled, at the same time the 3 way opens and releases the air from the ram that is holding the bolt back, and the ram in the trigger frame toggles the sear and pushes the on/off open, and the air blows forward and all and shoots the ball. Then when the trigger is released it would put pressure in the ram again and it would push the bolt back again.

TransMan
07-08-2002, 04:23 PM
And now you have a mag thats as un reliable as a cocker ;)

mykroft
07-08-2002, 05:37 PM
And now you have an Automacker, which you can buy, as a conversion from Punisher's Customs. It's about $400 for a slide trigger, $550 or $600 for a Hinge.

CpSuPeRkId
07-08-2002, 07:10 PM
and now u have an expensive unreliable gun when u could just keep the mag and have it work great the way it is.....

InfinatyBPS
07-08-2002, 09:32 PM
I guess im the only one that thinks that this would be cool... If I had the money I'd do this or have someone do it because it dosen't seem that hard.

spider54
07-08-2002, 09:38 PM
nah i am tryin to do the same thing to my talon

subbeh
07-08-2002, 10:31 PM
Go for it man...

Tinkering for the sake of tinkering rocks! :D

Telefragged
07-08-2002, 10:34 PM
I agree, tinkering is cool and unavoidable for some people, like myself, but why complicate things?!

luke
07-09-2002, 07:52 AM
Your eyes are not deceiving you - this Automag has cocker pneumatics attached. The trigger is now 100% pneumatic - an internal ram toggles the sear. Nearly impervious to short-stroking and blazing fast (a Retro valve is strongly recommended with this mod).

http://air-soldier.com/~punisher/gallery.html

Scroll about half way down the page.....

cphilip
07-09-2002, 07:56 AM
Sounds like a technical forum discussion to me...

Plus the title is misleading and nondescriptive of the topic....