PDA

View Full Version : retro problems

speedfreak233
07-08-2002, 05:16 AM
I have a mini mag that i bought off somebody about 2 years ago with a retro valve, z-grip, and a jacko 20 hole. I fell in love with it immediately but ever since i bought it i have had problems with the valve.(shootdown, when you first put air on marker the sear wont set, it just blows air out the front of barrel, and most rescently i have found that i have a small air leak inside of the valve somewhere. I have changed out all the o-rings in the valve half a dozen times already to no avail. The first thing i noticed was that the power tube spacer is anodized blue and smaller than the smallest spacer that comes in the kit.(you put in the smallest one in the kit and it blows air out the front of the barrel). I have since bought a tank with an adjustable reg(air america)and tried adjusting pressures and i am still having problems and i am tempted to just get rid of it if i cant figure it out, i have not been able to find anybody who knows about mags. ANY help would be extremely appreciated.

FrAuStY
07-08-2002, 07:34 PM
Have you tried holding down the trigger while gassing the gun up? This closes the on/off so the pressure behind it can build up to enough that the bolt will lock into the sear. Your best bet is to check out the manuals on <a href=http://www.airgun.com/manual.shtml target=new>airgun.com</a> You want the rt manual to trouble shoot leaks..but refer to the Retro exploded view for what the pieces look like and how they should be assembled. Let us know what turns out :) :)

BlackVCG
07-09-2002, 12:23 AM
First things first. Unscrew the black reg. body from the front valve half. Lift up on the brass colored piece that's in the silver half of the valve. There's an o-ring under it. Put a lot of oil on it and then put the brass piece back in. Generally when that o-ring isn't oiled, the gun tends to leak air when you gas it up. I don't have that problem with any of my RT valves, but I keep them well oiled. You can also press a stick squeegee against the bolt and gas it up.

Next thing, when you get it gassed up and when it isn't leaking down the barrel, pull and hold the trigger. Do you still hear the small leak?

speedfreak233
07-09-2002, 08:10 AM
All of the o-rings are well oiled and the valve is clean, the leak is barely audible so it is not leaking fast. After it takes about ten minuets for the tank to leak down.