PDA

View Full Version : Powdercoating Question

Vex
07-08-2002, 06:41 AM
When you get the body of your Mag powdercoated, is the entire thing done--including the bottom that sits on the rail? I don't know anything about powdercoating and I'm considering getting it done (from a place that probably has never done a paintball marker before) and I would like to know what to tell them. Also, is the inside of the body finished, or just left alone?

Thanks to everyone that answers.

shartley
07-08-2002, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by phazeshifter
When you get the body of your Mag powdercoated, is the entire thing done--including the bottom that sits on the rail?
That is normally taped off and not painted. There is special tape for this process (that will hold up to the hight temps used) you can get it yourself and pretape if you are worried that they don't know what NOT to paint.

I don't know anything about powdercoating and I'm considering getting it done (from a place that probably has never done a paintball marker before) and I would like to know what to tell them. Also, is the inside of the body finished, or just left alone?

Thanks to everyone that answers.
No... the inside is not touched, finished, nothing... In fact if any overspray gets inside you will have to remove it.

Hope this helps.

Vex
07-08-2002, 12:18 PM
Yes, it sure does! Thanks shartley!

:D

shartley
07-08-2002, 12:30 PM
No problem :)