PDA

View Full Version : great way to drill revy for warp

RT_Luver
07-08-2002, 09:11 AM
OK, I have been trying to figure out a way to drill my revy for my warp hose will go through it. I had gotten a soldering iron a few days ago, and my dad has a dremel, so I was expecting to needa use that. I had been worried that i would screw up drilling it and make a big mess when i realised that the soldering iron would melt the plastic REALLY easy. I had a "spare" hopper so I decided to experiment. i drew a cyrcle on it and started melting away. it took me abuout 2 mintues to put a PERFECT cycle in it. it was a little to small for the hose, but that didn't really matter. its not that hopper I'm using and i didn't measuer anything. I had to file it down a little to get it smooth but after I did, it came out lookin REALLY good(except some scratches that I accidentally did with the file:( ) well I just wanted to share this with ya'll so anyone that needs to put a hole in there hopper but doesn't want to go buy a 30 dollar dremel. go to Lowes and buy a 10 dollar solder iron and some sandpaper and your in business:cool:

07-08-2002, 01:16 PM
i did the same thing with my sticky grips on my i-frame... instead of cutting a groove into it, i used a solder iron and melted a little groove for the wire to run up through, worked out very well, also did the same for the hopper

cphilip
07-08-2002, 01:22 PM
Well...a $6 one inch diameter hole saw complete with mandrel from Lowes works good too!