PDA

View Full Version : Input psi vs gas effenicy

rikkter
07-08-2002, 02:23 PM
ok i know i can't spell so anyways.
question.
if i have my input pressure regulated down lower, say around 400 or 500, would it be more gas efficent than having it at 600psi?

i'm guessing no and yes. no because the internel reg on the valve will reg it at 230, and having input pressure lower would most likely starve the valve and probably descrese in charging back up(not much obvsiouly)
and yes because when i have input at 400, vs, 600, 600 shoots harder, i haven't yet chronoed the two at different inputs so i don't know
need help.

if you guys even understand that.

FrAuStY
07-08-2002, 02:35 PM
I don't pay much attention to the efficiency of my mag since I fill off a scuba. I have the input set at 825ish and I get about 800 rds off my 68/3k. Mainly it depends on your barrel since only so much gas is used to fire the paintball with a certain type of barrel. The more porting..the more air it will require to attain 300 fps. Product... lower efficiency. The less porting... the less air required...product.. higher efficiency. I could be wrong but I don't believe input pressure does anything for the air comming out of the front of the valve since its already regulated. It only aids in a more readily available source of high pressure air. The amount of that or higher pressure would again depend on the amount of porting in barrel.

rikkter
07-08-2002, 09:40 PM
well i'm saying because with the SAME barrel, my CP one. which has barely any holes. (and by the way it worked quite good yesterday at practice) i could feel with my hand at the end of the barrel, and feel the power of it shooting GREATER and hotter with the input at higher than lower. why i'm bringing this up.

Butterfingers
07-08-2002, 10:44 PM
It will have absoultely no effect as long as you are shooting the same velocity. No matter what you input to the valve the mag has its own regulator that steps your input down to about 350-400 psi.

When you increase the pressure in your tank you are also increasing the velocity slightly, this is why it is shooting "harder" If you adjust the velocity back to where it was set before it will shoot the same.

In short just do what AGD reccomends.