PDA

View Full Version : How have mag outsiders reacted to LX?

DiRTyBuNNy
07-08-2002, 03:26 PM
I just wanted everyone to recount their stories of how mag noobs reacted when they saw LX technology for the first time..

triggerman
07-08-2002, 03:40 PM
Well I play on a team of cocker and angel users. I got it the day before a tourney. I refused to carry a squeege and the all said I was being stupid. then apon telling them about lx they told me there was 1: no way that a mag bolt could be easier on paint than a cocker bolt. and 2: there is no way I would break less paint than an ir3. After proving both points wrong I was met with dirty looks and several dirty words.

A side note There angre in my mags flawless performince didn't stop them from shooting a half a case through it each. There was not one ball broke. One of the cocker guys on my team is now planing to dust off his micro mag once he can get his hands on the lx for his mag.

AGD-causing droped jaws and wide eyes nation wide

DiRTyBuNNy
07-08-2002, 03:47 PM
that's cool..i think with the LX sticker we need to play off of this anger and such..

Jonno06
07-08-2002, 03:59 PM
lol...u should have saw the look on the kids face when i told him what it does....he owns an impulse:rolleyes:

triggerman
07-08-2002, 04:15 PM
i put mine in at a local pro shop. only one of the guys workin there new what it was. after installing it we first tested it on a pencil. then held our breath as i stuck my finger in front of the bolt. after a tense trigger pull the owner of the store insisted that he got to try it. after doing so he freaked and called his partner out of the back to try. we burned through a lot of air and atleast 2 cases of paint. The owner of the store ordered pro so when the lx is relesed he too can be ahead of the game.

AGD-causing droped jaws and wide eyes nation wide.

rudy
07-08-2002, 04:20 PM
I dont know what LX is

Clare
07-08-2002, 04:31 PM
I dont know what LX is

it's the level 10 mod, that's what DirtyBunny refers to it as. :D

CRiZO
07-08-2002, 04:49 PM
I was like weeeeee

triggerman
07-08-2002, 04:52 PM
Capoeria do you have the mod and if so what do you think of it. I ask cause your the only other person I know who shoots a classic valve.

Clare
07-08-2002, 04:54 PM
Capoeria do you have the mod and if so what do you think of it. I ask cause your the only other person I know who shoots a classic valve.

I do have a classic valve on one of mags but I haven't gotten the mod yet..most probably not until this coming weekend in NJ. Though, I've been using my Emag for a while now :)

banzaimf
07-08-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by triggerman

actually, I am throwing it on mm 1321 tonight.

will tell you tomorrow how it goes.

banziamf

Jonneh
07-08-2002, 05:10 PM

I use a classic valve + LX, and it rules, doesn't chop and doesn't shortstroke, you can just hammer away at the trigger like you would a tippmann or spyder.

triggerman
07-08-2002, 05:11 PM
cool im courious to see what carrier you use and how many shims you need. I needed 3 with the spring that looks like a stock spring.

Jonneh
07-08-2002, 05:26 PM
cool im courious to see what carrier you use and how many shims you need. I needed 3 with the spring that looks like a stock spring.
I had a bit of an argument with jan(edit: my brother, doh!) about which carrier to use (my marker is at his house atm), I think i'm using the 1.5 carrier and 2 shims with the longest spring.

mykroft
07-08-2002, 05:38 PM
Well, Mitch from Badlands Toronto seems eager to see it in action.

Mine will go on my Classic Mag, should have it soon (Praying)

virus
07-08-2002, 06:15 PM
well... after puttin my retro into my micro and playin all day acting all worried cuz i kept saying... man i hope i dont chop today... (get a couple of whys?? from the cocker-jocks and elec totters) and then say i fergot my squeegee at home.... actling like it was the biggest thing i needed to keep my mag running....

needless to say after i was done for the day and didn't chop they were all like hey that things not that bad.... then i let them in on my secret and did the finger trick... they all had to try it... 2 of them said they either need to get another mag or buy one.... and one of the refs want to buy just my micro body, barrel and gripframe for a couple hundred now.... its tempting... but i need the micro to do the finger bit =)

so now there is a new respect for the mags, few as we are (usally just 2 ost of the time sometimes 5), and i thnk they might be pickin up the jaws of some of the newbies =)

CpSuPeRkId
07-08-2002, 06:31 PM
wow sounds like the anti mag users are liking the LX. my friends will too once they see mine in action(when it arrives that is). all they say now is, those videos are rigged, they dont really work like that. and im like oh yea what about the one at the chicago open that we shot? and they say that one was rigged too. they say that no matter what its got whether its ACE or LX, mags will always be blenders. WELL IM GONNA HAVE THE LAST LAUGH!!!!!!!!!!

jwa158
07-08-2002, 08:27 PM
the owner of my local proshop went to that tourney in chicago and saw a demonstration of the lvl 10. all he said was "i was really impressed..but it's still a MAG." mags aren't very popular here in washington state. I've only seen 1 automag in my life..i've never held one or shot one or heard one shoot in person. I've always liked mags ever since i saw one and started reading about it. i never gave up hope on AGD and i'm gettin a used e-mag or rt pro whenever i sell my stupid dark raider. my friends always diss on mags but i always back them up. i really can't wait to get myself a mag and show them that it doesn't suck. :D

FooTemps
07-08-2002, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by jwa158
the owner of my local proshop went to that tourney in chicago and saw a demonstration of the lvl 10. all he said was "i was really impressed..but it's still a MAG." mags aren't very popular here in washington state. I've only seen 1 automag in my life..i've never held one or shot one or heard one shoot in person. I've always liked mags ever since i saw one and started reading about it. i never gave up hope on AGD and i'm gettin a used e-mag or rt pro whenever i sell my stupid dark raider. my friends always diss on mags but i always back them up. i really can't wait to get myself a mag and show them that it doesn't suck. :D

lol... I LIVE IN WASHINGTON STATE! YAY! Where you located? I have a mag, try going to STP(it's a field up in snohomish is you're willing to go see mags, they rent them out!). I think Mags have been getting more attention in my area. (Shoreline/North Seattle) My friends like them but once I get lvl 10.... heh...

einhander619
07-08-2002, 10:42 PM
Well, let's put it this way: Most of the people at my local field are interested in the best place to get ahold of a mag of their own.

Soot
07-08-2002, 11:08 PM
jwa158 - thats weird that the store owner said there are few mags in washington. It seems that around the eastern side of the state there are a lot of mags, and at one store the owners only sell mags, as higher end guns.

chrisj
07-08-2002, 11:19 PM
Since I got my mag I've been really disapointed, no one has said anything bad about it. I keep showing up, and people are excited that its on the field, the kid with the black magic wanted to shoot it.

Of course he walked away upset at the trigger pull, but I walked away from the black magic upset at popping myself in the face with the back block.

Chris

drx975
07-08-2002, 11:55 PM
I do not have the LVL10 yet but you can be sure that I will soon...anyway I had a great idea. The next time I go to a field with the LVL10 I will get a pool of money to stick my finger in the gun and have someone else fire the gun. :eek: And I will show them that the gun fires normally before I do this. Lol, what a great way to earn some money and impress about 20 people at a field, and show the cocker jocks that Mags own (notice I didnt capitalize the name "cocker", hehe).

magman007
07-09-2002, 12:28 AM
Whoa, i never thought the Nickname cocker jock would catch on! WOOT! im famous! wait not really.... but ne who! i didnt think it would be a hit. its amazing just like dirtybunny's LX and johnny bravos pie option in polls!

DiRTyBuNNy
07-09-2002, 01:04 AM
well..there are certain people on here who despise the LX, and think that i'm just coming up with these names just to jam Tom for some free stuff....but let me spell it out for all those haters...I DON'T WANT FREE STUFF!!!! I'd rather trade all my names just for the oppurtunity to be able to BUY the first SuperMag if they ever produce them.

DarkRipper
07-09-2002, 09:00 AM
I don't understand where this cult of persecution came from.

Not everyone in the world hates automags, and not everyone in the world loves them.

I think that the level 10 technology is a refreshing change for the mag, and it's about time.

Whether or not that will increase sales, I don't know. I hope that it does, I think of AGD as an innovator. Their products, whether you hate them or love them, are always new in some way. I don't use many of them, but I recognize that they are a breath of fresh air in a sport and industry that loves to rehash old stuff.

Will level 10 convince me to sell my cocker and buy an emag? It's doubtful. But it WILL convince others, and that's what's important.

What's the point of all this?

Don't worry what the "mag-haters" say. They are foolish for being blind to the fact that the mag is a decent marker. They are being brainwashed into thinking that one high end marker is superior to another.
But, that's what people want... they don't want to have to think for themselves.

Bahhhh say the sheep.

:)

Don't be a sheep and think that the mag is the best, either. There is no ONE best gun. They are all good.

DR

paintbattler
07-09-2002, 11:35 AM
i told my teammates and they didnt beleive me

FrAuStY
07-09-2002, 12:17 PM
I just installed my LVL10 last night (1145 pm) Neighbors probably didn't think too highly off me..but I had to do it..
I will be taking my mag down to a local field where I just playe don Sunday (did verywell I might add) And show off the LVL10 to some newbs and vets alike. I know two refs there sold their mags for a cocker due to breaking tourney paint. I will show them what they could have had.. and probably will want! There was a regular there who just sold his Emag for a *very clean* oracle cocker. I asked him why..he said the emag just chopped too much paint.. I wanted to explain to him what he could have done.. (come to AO of course) but he said nah..I didn't want a gun that could break paint like that. I will also show him the power of this new upgrade.

Honestly..I never broke much paint before getting this.. maybe one in 4500 rds. I mainly wanted less recoil and boy did I get it. I know I'll have to re-adjust my warp as with revvy off the warp I could only hear a pop..I didn't feel the gun move at all! The minimal to non- existent chopping was just a bonus for me. I can't wait to show it off.. I just hope not everyone goes out and buys a mag... I kinda like the shrouded Saga behind mags and their non-existent "issues/problems" that keeps boneheads away.