PDA

View Full Version : Hyperframe Microswitch

'Mag
07-08-2002, 04:53 PM
I read somewhere that you could buy a lighter microswitch and switch it with the stock one to lighten the trigger pull on a Hyperframe. I was wondering if this is really possible, and what type of microswitch would I have to buy and what would I need to do to install it. If anyone has done this or knows how, please post some details on how to do it, cause I'd really like to be able to walk the trigger and it's just too heavy right now.

CpSuPeRkId
07-08-2002, 07:24 PM
go to mans third best friend(next to hooters and this website) RADIOSHACK!!!!!!!!

kosmo
07-08-2002, 08:18 PM
Bah, hooter sucks. Their all mighty buffalo wings they always brag about are drier than hell, and if you're that desperate that you have to oggle hooters gals, go to a strip club where you get a better show. But you are right about radio shack, I'll give ya that one :rolleyes:

rudy
07-08-2002, 08:23 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37414

some info in the link

'Mag
07-08-2002, 10:38 PM
I checked out that link and did the bending inside the microswitch mod. After about an hour of battling with some teeny parts (which all happened to fall out) I now have an insanely light trigger pull. After I got it back together the first time it was so light it didn't have enough strength to move the weight of the trigger, lol. But now it's just enough so that walking is super easy and my ROF will climb into the upper atmosphere. All this without buying anything new or doing any type of soldering or out of house travel.

P.S. Doing this mod can move the activation point of the microswitch. I have front and rear adjustable trigger stops so I just did some adjusting, but my pull had to be moved back about .75mm

Miscue
07-09-2002, 04:19 AM
/me does not understand the point of lightening the pull of a microswitch.

Prezents
07-09-2002, 07:03 AM
You can tell the difference between 2 markers, and if you are use to playing with one and then switch to another it kind of mess's with your timing.

'Mag
07-09-2002, 07:15 AM
The trigger pull on the Hyperframe is a mouse-like click. This my seem light to a 'Mag user, but compared to other electro's it could be much lighter. I wanted to be able to walk the trigger, and to do this effectively the pull has to be very light. Prezents, I don't know what you're talking about cause I didn't switch guns, I just modified the microswitch in my Hyperframe.

Prezents
07-09-2002, 08:38 AM
I should have made that a little more detailed by saying that other markers have a shorter / crisper trigger pull.
Thats what you are trying to get.

wes
07-09-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by kosmo
Bah, hooter sucks. Their all mighty buffalo wings they always brag about are drier than hell, and if you're that desperate that you have to oggle hooters gals, go to a strip club where you get a better show. But you are right about radio shack, I'll give ya that one :rolleyes:

yea but who goes there for the food?

Prezents
07-09-2002, 04:56 PM
They have FOOD there?

'Mag
07-09-2002, 07:56 PM
Prezents - Just to make it clear I didn't get a shorter, crisper pull. I may have gotten a shorter pull, but mostly I got a much lighter pull. It's so light that if it's not set super short that it almost feels mushy.

Anyone know how to set up a magnetic trigger in a Hyperframe? This probably would be a little tough, since the frame is aluminum. But soon I'm gonna be carving a new trigger and I could make a notch and put in a magnet, but then I'd have to make a notch in the frame too. Shouldn't be too tough, but does anyone have any better ideas? By the way, think somebody could post some pics of the Emag's trigger magnets, so I could get an idea of what to use?

And, how well does a Emag trigge 'walk.' I can now walk the trigger very consistantly at 10bps, so if you don't think that a magnetic trigger would give a better feel, then I probably won't waste my time with it.

rjvemt1
07-09-2002, 11:24 PM
i talked with rudy earlier this year about the pull on a hf and read his recent mod thread i will do this mod this weekend then post here and on the other current thread concerning this topic.compared to the stock mag trigger the hf is pretty sweet the way it is,however, i dont think tk ever thuoght that 'sweet enough' was good enough. so in the spirit of agd, lets try it. wtf!

paintslinger
07-10-2002, 02:43 AM
i checked out the link and i didn't find any bending inside the microswitch mod that u are talking about. where is it and how can i do it? i only saw the switching of the microswitch mod. thanks

rudy
07-10-2002, 08:54 AM
paintslinger go to the third and fourth picture down. you have to take the microswitch apart. then the arm that I called the spring mount is what you can bend.

cphilip
07-10-2002, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Prezents
They have FOOD there?

....Well....let's just say that there is usually more than a mouth full there and leave it at that! :eek:

paintslinger
07-10-2002, 11:00 PM
hey rudy and 'mag hit me up on aim b/c i got some questions for ya falcon16fj. thanks