PDA

View Full Version : this sounds REALY newbieish...

project2501
07-08-2002, 06:28 PM
what is a good way to minimize paint ball bruises? wear a sweat-shirt under your camo??? i need your opinions, and your deepest pity also (lol)

Cliffio
07-08-2002, 06:29 PM
wear a sweatshirt or go to the gym

anyways, wear a shirt under your "camo"

Cliff

Kevmaster
07-08-2002, 06:32 PM
what brusises?? I never get hit!

no, really, i just dont worry about it. i play in a tshirt and pants or shorts. i just get welts, ive had a "set" of them for over a month now, about time they go away.

Clare
07-08-2002, 06:32 PM
minimize paintball bruises!? I welcome them!

:p jk.

just wear a shirt underneath, a sweatshirt would be way too hot especially in the summer. I can't even wear a jersey with this heat for too long so I just wear a tshirt and elbow pads.

CpSuPeRkId
07-08-2002, 06:37 PM
i wouldnt wear a sweatshirt but some sort of long sleeve T should do u fine. A sweatshirt would be WAY too hot unless ur playin in colder conditions especially with camo over that. besides bruises and welts are all part of the game.

Cliffio
07-08-2002, 06:38 PM
i dunno if anyone caught that but the swearshirt thing went along with the gym joke......oh forget it

:)

Cliff

TransMan
07-08-2002, 06:41 PM
i take all my cloths off and cover my self with mud and then i roll in the leaves and call my self leaf man the balls bounce right off me i pbarely feel them hit :D

AcemanPB
07-08-2002, 06:43 PM
well i wear t-shirt under my jersey but thats not to cut back on the bruises, casue they make for good storys!

Cliffio
wow

kosmo
i dunno if anyone caught that but the swearshirt thing went along with the gym joke......oh forget it

Buh? What, Hans and Frans? If not, then I don't get it...

Anywho, if you're that worried about bruises try those chest protectors, or hell maybe even motocross armor if you've got any of that lying around.

Cliffio
07-08-2002, 06:46 PM
actually i just mean he should toughen up, you know go to the gym, and then i said he could be a little puss about it and wear a sweatshirt, it would have been funny if you woulda got it, now it just sounds mean

oh well, i didnt mean to sound ugly

anyways,

what really sucks is when you go drinkin afterwards and all your buddies see them and decide to push on em, which REALLY hurts sometimes

jerks...

Cliff

FrAuStY
07-08-2002, 06:50 PM
I got what you were saying cliffio..just didn't find this post until you replied. Anyway I was just going to say... get shot alot... I mean take a few games to just get nailed...or if you have some friends with guns...go out and the woods and play til you can't play anymore...before long, you won't feel the hits. Who cares about bruises... you're not gonna die.. I think they actually look kinda kool. Especially the strawberried ones (they bleed) BLeh... bruises.. sheesh..

*EDIT* I just looked at my sig HAHA... goes great with this post. Stupid should hurt... look its a newb! rofl...was just funny to me.

TITAN
07-08-2002, 06:54 PM
lol

i just wear a white cheap *** hanes t-shirt and a pair of shorts, but when its comfortable enought outside i wear a jersey and dye pants...

FooTemps
07-08-2002, 07:31 PM
Dude.... It's not newbieish! IT'S NEWBISH!!!!

And it's ok to get welts. I mean, I'm pretty much a newb and I play in a t-shirt and pants or shorts

RT_Luver
07-08-2002, 07:36 PM
best way to minimize welts...wear alot of clothing. and dont stick out. I made the mistake of wearing a bright orange t'shirt last time I played woods ball and i kould be seen like nothin else.

but really, paintballs dont hurt that bad. I usually where just a thin jersey uz its so frigin hot down here right now

irbodden
07-08-2002, 07:39 PM
Vick's Vapor Rub..

Put it where you got shot and will DRASTICALLY reduce bruises. Put it in your gear bag and put it where ya got shot after each game.

Kevmaster
07-08-2002, 07:43 PM
yep. Chicks dig the bruises

Polishpickles451
07-08-2002, 07:44 PM
they shouldn't be a problem
you will get used to them soon and they won't be a prob.
suck it up and eventually you'l play in a tee shirt

Jonno06
07-08-2002, 07:52 PM
me-"see this bruise?"
hot chick-"oh yea,must have hurt"
me-"nah..i got that one in 'Nam"
hot chick-"wow,ur sexy"

thats how it is with me,i dunno bout anyone else:rolleyes:

Clare
07-08-2002, 07:57 PM
yeah...guys dig my bruises. :p

JK HAVOC! :D

banzaimf
07-08-2002, 08:06 PM
Due to some of my other hobbies, I rarely bruise anymore. dear god I am a freak.

anyways. layers will help, especially if the outer layer is baggy. the baggier the better (to a point)

banzaimf

Cliffio
07-08-2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by CaPoEiRa
yeah...guys dig my bruises.

i doubt its the bruises

Clare
07-08-2002, 08:09 PM
i doubt its the bruises

must be the bruises I give them...yeah.

:p

S14-Racer
07-08-2002, 08:27 PM
Well with the welts there is nothing you can really do except for going out to the field bundled up like stay-puff. Personally I like the ringworm infestation look, its all the rage man.

Bruises can be minimized by the amount of iron in your blood though. If you bruise easilly I would take some supplements. I knoticed my first bruise (from anything), well except when I broke a bone in my hand, in yrs last week when I got hit and it was a very faint yellow. Red meat is your friend hehe.

Clare
07-08-2002, 08:29 PM
Personally I like the ringworm infestation look, its all the rage man.

I like that..I think I may use it :)

Mild 7
07-08-2002, 08:32 PM
Nobody digs my welts or bruises. Someone came over to me at work and asked if I practice karate. I was like, "what made u ask that?", then she said, 'cause the bruises on my arm. The first time when I went indoor speedball, I came out with 10 welts, mostly on my arm, hand, and shoulder. I had to wear long sleeve in this hot weather so I can hide'em at work. Some people think and have ask me if I have some sort of disease.

It's hard for me to explain to people when they ask. Majority of people I've explained to do not know what paintball is. And for some people know what paintball is, they don't know what is it all about, they think its a violent, painful game, which my bruise and welts does not help me explaining it.

So now, I take it real easy when I go play, tryin not to bunker others and most of all, get bunkered.

einhander619
07-08-2002, 08:37 PM
Don't get hit. I can't believe someone hasn't said those exact words yet!

07-08-2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Mild 7
It's hard for me to explain to people when they ask. Majority of people I've explained to do not know what paintball is. And for some people know what paintball is, they don't know what is it all about, they think its a violent, painful game, which my bruise and welts does not help me explaining it.that's a problem with me. one of my teachers saw welts and bruises on me and asked if i was being abused at home. i said i play paintball and she looked at me like i was a psycho.

AcemanPB
07-08-2002, 08:59 PM
my friend got nailed in the arm several months ago and he still has a mark there might be a scar i dunno but it was the wrost welt i've ever seen.

project2501
07-08-2002, 09:05 PM
ok, first, thanks for the hits everybody

also, some clarity. i'm not realy a newbie, i just stoped playing last year when all my friends went with electric guns and i was stuck with a minimag and no skill. i picked up the gun againe, because my cousin is over and he wants to play paintball with me (and the electric elitests). now i have to toughen up and re-learn everything.

yes, i do have some loose camo jackets i can wear outside, and i also have a longleave underware shirt (the kind that keeps you warm, but not boiling), i think i'll wear that. and, last, if i cant take it, than i can borrow my friends motocross armor, and look realy stupid in it.(lol lol) but hey, if i spray the armor camo, it could look cool/ or like real kevlar.

thanks alot guys!

booyah
07-08-2002, 09:08 PM
Red Meat and lots of it :-)

Works three ways.

1. More Iron in the blood
2. Harder Arteries and Veins :-) I know this "technically" is a bad thing and leads to heart disease, but hey, ya only live once :-)
3. Cholesterol!!! Can we say "Padding" for your arteries?

but really folks, iron is a good thing, I went 6 years without bruising do to high iron intake (red meat 4 times a week and iron suplements) broke a hand, 3 toes, and took a bone splinter off my shin on a trailer hitch in the dark without a bruise :-)

but then again, anyone who knows me will say I'm a freak anyways

-Booyah

Cliffio
07-08-2002, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by booyah
I'm a freak

ya got that right

07-08-2002, 10:08 PM
I dont really welt when I get hit. Only if I get hit in the wrists.

FooTemps
07-08-2002, 10:12 PM
Actually, This is the best tip to reduce welts and brusing.... Run fast to your bunkers, never have more than your head and your gun out unless you're making a move or you're just being crazy.

Challe
07-08-2002, 10:28 PM
Oh GOD! havent you warned him for a hit on the "swedish meetballs" and the "chicita bannana hit"

Use Renforced armor !

FooTemps
07-08-2002, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Challe
Oh GOD! havent you warned him for a hit on the "swedish meetballs" and the "chicita bannana hit"

Use Renforced armor !

I've never had a close call. I've even tried bunkering people and I didn't get a close call.

AcemanPB
07-08-2002, 11:29 PM
i have seen a couple of guys take hit straight into there "swedish meetballs" and let me tell you that is the first time i've seen a big grown man break down and cry like that, man i feel for the guys who get hit there and i myself have had some close calls but not enough to make me want to use "Renforced armor"

dropkick1
07-08-2002, 11:47 PM
i say suck it up and where a t-shirt or just a jersey or something. first off i don't see why u stopped in the first place just b/c your frineds got electro's and u didn't. 2 weeks ago i was shot in the "boys" and i had to sit out hte last couple of games(about 3) and they hurt the next day, but i don't wanna wear a cup even though i know i should, but oh well to each his own.

ken

shartley
07-09-2002, 07:31 AM
Nothing special here… both my son and I wear camo pants (yes, some of my old Army gear.. LOL), t-shirt, and over that a slightly baggy Sweatshirt. Seems to work just fine. I heal darn fast anyway, so any cuts or bruises I get doing ANYTHING tend to disappear pretty quickly.

P4ULuk
07-09-2002, 07:39 AM
Treat the bruises with Arnica, it'll heal em up nice and quick!

Paul.

oldsoldier
07-09-2002, 08:16 AM
Just deal with it. Jeez, you aint gonna die...:D I got so lit up last weekend, it looked like I had HIV. My roomie saw them and decided he didnt want to try paintball out after all.

EnderWigginPballin
07-09-2002, 09:17 AM
i wouldn't wear just a short sleeve shirt, or shorts.

but I play a more woodsball than speedball so i'm trying to keep the assorted ticks, and biting/sucking insects off of me.

I've never actually had a welt on any part of me that was visible with just a short sleeve shirt and shorts on.

and one more thing, wearing thick clothing so you don't welt doesn't work. because if the paint bounces off of all your shirts and 3 pairs of pants, They're just gonna empty half a hopper onto you then ask the ref to make you lose the padding.

Marek
07-09-2002, 09:21 AM
Well, I eat red meat about 5 times a day, and still that doesnt seem to help. Does help towards the cause of heart disease.... oh well.

I just wear a jersey and a t-shirt. The bruises are still apparent, but always makes for good casual conversation.

CRiZO
07-09-2002, 03:34 PM
funny how everyone in texas just plays in a tshirt, its hellish out here

mutant_zeppo
08-08-2002, 03:22 PM
this is for something else. sorry.

-Xugg-
08-08-2002, 07:00 PM
The worst is when newbies come out and play in big down jackets that will absorb every hit. I saw my paint bounce off this guys puffy jacket 10 times before I nailed the guy in the goggles.

On the other hand its fun to watch paintballs bounce off you at long ranges, once I caught a paintball in my pocket and I felt it hit me but the ball stayed together. At the end of game I gave it back to the guy that shot it. :D