PDA

View Full Version : Remember these guys?

animal
07-08-2002, 10:33 PM
I saw the spin doctors live tonight. Talk about people who should give it up, they blew. Can you say "We ran out of money, and wanted to make a comeback?" Hah. The fitting end was when everyone left during their only other hit besides little miss because it started drizzling.

At least 7 mary 3 was there singing their overplayed favorites... :rolleyes:

And yes, it was a free concert... no way in heck I'd pay for that :)

paintbattler
07-08-2002, 11:51 PM
i have no idea who they are... what are u talkin about?

dropkick1
07-08-2002, 11:53 PM
i thought they sucked a couple years ago when they were popular, oh well. they were befroe your time paintbattler.

ken

TransMan
07-09-2002, 12:14 AM
yup yup they always sucked

Load SM5
07-09-2002, 07:02 AM
Yea I saw them years ago at a cheap concert with Them, Gin Blossoms, and Cracker. If they had played last instead of first everyone would've left. I never really cared for them. I was just there to see Cracker.

Strider
07-09-2002, 11:32 AM
While I never saw them in concert, I rather liked their stuff. On the other hand, I only really heard one of their albums...

Jonno06
07-09-2002, 12:16 PM
of course it was free....who in thier right mind would pay to see them....

well,i would,if someone paid me...

the JoKeR
07-09-2002, 12:45 PM
Went to lunch with a co-worker today and he mentioned he went to a concert that really sucked over the weekend. Turns out he was at the same show! He couldn't get over how utterly bad they are now and wondered why they came out of retirement.

animal
07-09-2002, 12:57 PM
And I quote my friend:

"They better start playing something that doesn't suck, or this crowd is going to kick their arse."

alkafluence
07-09-2002, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by animal
I saw the spin doctors live tonight. Talk about people who should give it up, they blew. Can you say "We ran out of money, and wanted to make a comeback?" Hah. The fitting end was when everyone left during their only other hit besides little miss because it started drizzling.

At least 7 mary 3 was there singing their overplayed favorites... :rolleyes:

And yes, it was a free concert... no way in heck I'd pay for that :)

Oh that was the "alternative" Miller Party on Water St, trying to outdo the Budweiser party only a few blocks over on Old World Third.

The whole controversy is because of the All Star Game. Bud is the official beer of MLB, but the All Star Game is in Miller Park. So they threw parties to try to outdo each other. It just so happend that Miller had 4 slightly over the popularity hill bands while Bud only had 2 local bands.

animal
07-09-2002, 01:12 PM
Hey, I'm all for it because I hate bud and their rice beer, even if it was some "cool yesterday" bands, playing the competition game rules :)

automagruss
07-12-2002, 06:16 PM
when i was 14 i went too see them with cracker and the gin blossoms. they were bad then so i could'nt see them getting any better. VH1 voted them the luckiest college bar band of all time.

FutureMagOwner
07-12-2002, 07:04 PM
hahaha i remeber them back when i was like 7 i only liked 2 of their songs if im not mistaken.