PDA

View Full Version : rt pro question

silver0ckt
07-08-2002, 11:12 PM
hi guys,

I'm a new member and have been reading and doing searches regarding markers and stuff. I am interested in purchasing an RT pro from another forum member but I wanted to verify whether or not the RT Pro has a gas-thru foregrip? I did searches and I know that the RT routes the air thru the foregrip, thru a hardline, and to the valve...whereas the RT Pro has a stainless braided line from the tank straight to the side of the valve....do RT pro's come with gas-thru foregrip? Or is it possible that this was originally an RT and retrofitted somehow to resemble an RT pro?

thanks for your time guys,

Anthony

magman007
07-08-2002, 11:31 PM
no gass thru sorry, the fore grip looks the same tho, but no gas thru. i dont think there is a way to do it either, but it isnt necessary since your running compressed air

subbeh
07-08-2002, 11:32 PM
I do not believe the RT pro foregrips are gas-thru, but you might want to check out the AGD store, you could buy one... maybe...? I have an RT, and I like having gas-thru, but when I first got it I had problems with leaks along the different areas the gas passed through.

TransMan
07-08-2002, 11:42 PM
he might have put a gas threw grip on it if he didnt and you want one i can sell ya one

paintbattler
07-08-2002, 11:49 PM
the forgrip is gas thru..i thought..if u look under it u can see where u can put a fitting..i think u gotta drill a hole i nthe side for it to work as gas thru but i wouldnt advise it becuz i might miss..i would just run from tank to valve.. oh..make sure befor eu buy anythin off of here that they have a good reference..also.. WELCOME TO AO!!

shartley
07-09-2002, 07:23 AM
No, the RT Pro does not have a gasthrough foregrip. It looks the same and even has the threaded hole at the bottom, but it is not a gasthrough. This does not bother me personally though.

(singing “I want my MTV” but a bit differently)
I
Love
My
RTP……
:D:D:D:D

(ADDED: oh, I forgot... Welcome to AO.)

cphilip
07-09-2002, 07:46 AM
OK no it's not a gas through. It was explained to me that the hole and threads in the bottom were to facilitate mounting the rubber grip onto the aluminum part. They put it on a stand and that holds it on while they do this. Otherwise it was hard to do and they scratched up a few before they decided to tap it for this procedure.

However several memebers have reported completing the bottom hole by drilling most of the way up and then drill a side hole to connect and tap threading into the thing and making a gas though out of it. It's not that hard to do realy. But sounds like a good drill press is nin order to me. And a good 1/8 inch NPT tap.

Also many folks bought the old style RT grip which was gas through and used that. Simply rotate the rubber part around 180 degree's. I have one of those and it does make a nice one. I am not certain if anymore of them exist in stock at AGD though. I heard they did not. You could call and see.

silver0ckt
07-09-2002, 10:38 AM
thanks guys for the info...and for the warm welcome! i paintballed a few times like 10 yrs ago and just got back into it like 3 wks ago! i think it's time for me to get my own marker and i have read great reviews on the RT pro...

hah, it seems like there was a little confusion amongst ourselves on whether the RT pro had a gas-thru foregrip or not...it looks like the general concensus is that it is not gas-thru but the foregrip has a mounting point on the bottom for assembly purposes.

i've been checking for rt pro's on ebay, but i've noticed subtle differences which lead me to believe they may be RT's instead...signs such as gas-thru foregrip, hard gas line, and the fact it didn't come with the intelliframe. (according to automag's website, RT pro's come with the intelliframe from the factory?). so i'm trying to learn as much as possible about automags (specifically the rt pro versus rt) so i don't make the mistake of buying something i didn't intent to.

you guys are awesome...i'll keep reading and searching for past posts to learn more about equipment and stuff...if you guys got any tips or suggestions on upgrades, please feel free to share them with me!

take it easy guys,

anthony

cphilip
07-09-2002, 10:54 AM
Your on the right track.

RT (old style) had gas throughs and hard line and air fed throught the rail not into the side of the valve.

RT Pro's did one time come with the old single trigger carbon fiber grip though. Only the more recent ones have the intelliframe double trigger. You may see some earlier RT PRo's that someone has upgraded the grip frame to a Benchmark or Dye double trigger frame so do not just go by the fact that it has a double trigger. The entry into the back side of the valve by the air line is the key tip off. Plus the valve itself will be etched RT Pro. So will the fore grip which is indeed not gas through if it's original.

And welcome!

silver0ckt
07-09-2002, 11:34 AM
hah, thanks very much for your reply...now I need to do more research on the terms you said "benchmark" and "dye double" trigger frame...do they look exactly like the intelliframe? and when you say 'double trigger', do you mean that the trigger itself has two curves for two fingers?

sorry for the newbie questions...

but thanks for the tip...i'll definitely be on the lookout on whether or not the air passes directly to the valve or thru the foregrip...

just to show what i'm dealing with...check out the following link rt pro for sale (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&item=1842231958&indexURL=2&photoDisplayType=2)

the ad says rt pro, but it looks like it might not be...

i'm not knocking the RT or any marker for that matter...i just want to be sure of what i am buying...and i definitely want an automag.. :) an RT pro to be specific...:D

thanks again cphilip! this forum is awesome!

anthony

cphilip
07-09-2002, 11:46 AM
Benchmark and Dye are manufacturers of aftermarket grip frames that fit the Automag. Nether as good as the Intelliframe does in my opinion. But many like them.

Double trigger means you can get two fingers on it. It may be "groved" trigger (two spaces seperated by a hump) or "Blade" trigger (one long flat blade maybe with a curve at the bottom). But, in any case, they would both be "Double Trigger Grip Frames" as you have enough room for two fingers... not just one. And they are all 45 frames too. The stock carbon fiber was not. It was Euro style.

A Correction on your summation:

Air into the side of the valve itself is the norm for RT Pro (and retro, classic, mini, mag or emag valves... all the others realy)

Air in the RAIL is the RT (old style) the only time they used a hollow air passage Rail. It may look like its going into the grip on a picture but its realy going into the rail.

That picture is a old style RT. I can tell by the holes filled with plugs in the rail (indicating it is the air through rail of the RT) and the unique hole pattern in the body which has not been used since. Nice body but cant use it in any other mag. Nor the valve either. The only real problems they had were maintaining the unique field strip screw system to lock the pressure in the rail. It has o-rings on it that must be maintained. And no one is making anything after market for them anymore. And that also has the older carbon fiber grip frame single trigger.

Also notice the etched RT on the foregrip. The Pro has, in addition, the word "pro" in smaller letters.

You cannot see but that one has the hard line into the rail but he chose to not show the picture of the other side. But the rail and these other things give it away.

So no! that is not an RT Pro. It's an RT.

I would also have to do some research on that tank. If its not the DOT exemption number allowing five year hydro (there is one but I cannot recall the numbers right off hand) then that tank went out of hydro this past April. But it might not if it's the listed tank that achieved five year exemption. That number is on Nitro Ducks home page.

silver0ckt
07-09-2002, 12:42 PM
YOU, my friend, should be a detective! ;)

now this link real pro! (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&item=1842515418&indexURL=1&photoDisplayType=2) shows the real RT pro! (i think!) but it may be an earlier RT pro since it doesnt have the double trigger intelliframe...

i'm starting to get the hang of this...

i also noticed what you meant about the plugged holes in the rail (the three holes near the back?)...

damn, all i want is an RT pro!! is that too much to ask? heh :p

just out of curiousity, how much will a used rt pro run? i've seen them anywhere from 300-500 depending on extra accessories...

a million thanks,

anthony

Ityl
07-09-2002, 12:49 PM
Also remember you must run compressed air on the RT and the RT Pro. I've seen them run about 700-800 with accessories and a compressed air tank.

cphilip
07-09-2002, 12:53 PM
Yes! that is indeed a RT pro older model with no intelli. I should think $300 for it's about all I would pay. If it had the intelli I would give more like $400 or so for it.

And...yes the tree silver plugs on the back of the rail was a dead give away on the other one. One of several. Me wonders why he tried to not show the other side? Hmmmm...

A new one is like $599.00 any style feed with intelliframe blade trigger.

And Ityl is right only HPA but you can get a little 68/3000 screw in fiber tank to get by for around $125 - $150.

cphilip
07-09-2002, 01:04 PM
Look at this one:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41892

Nice deal if you can come to terms and its not gone. You must inqure as to the feed type of the pro if you did not want to sue the warp. It might be Warp left body or something.

RT_Luver
07-09-2002, 01:20 PM
in the AGD store, they use to have gas thru forgrips fro sale like the RT had. I dont know if they still have them, but you can check

Yatta!
07-09-2002, 01:23 PM
Welcome to AO,

WHEN:D you get your RT Pro, I hope you like it as much as I do mine. And welcome to the RTP(RT Pro) owners.
If you do get the old RTP like me, be smart and get a Intelliframe and don't make the mistake of getting a DYE frame like me. Why? Unless you dont mind moding your stuff, well it takes a belt sander to get rid of these tiny ridges on the side of the frame that only fit skinnier regular automag rails. Also, stay away from Benchmarks, way too much slack both ways. Side to side and trigger pull length are ludicrious, not worth the money. There is no gas thru, just run a line from your ASA to your valve. And DONT take out your site rail screws constantly, they will strip easily.

Yatta!

silver0ckt
07-09-2002, 11:31 PM
I am suffering from information overload. :p you guys are killing me! and thanks for the warm welcome! I just found out that my coworkers are going paintballing again this wknd! But too bad for me, I won't have a marker in time to paint them. they rocked me pretty hard last time we went--they all have their own setups...I believe they are running cockers and one angel marker...I wasn't really paying too much attention to them because I was angry at them! lol I want to exact revenge upon them!

Actually, I knew from the start I was in trouble--as soon as I pulled into the parking lot, I see all of them walking around in camo fatigues and setting up their gear. And here I was wearing blue sweats using rental markers!

Anyways, I hope to acquire an RT Pro in the near future. and I'll be sure to bother this forum for more advice and info...

um, why would I want to take out my sight rail screws?

thanks again,

Anthony

TransMan
07-10-2002, 02:29 AM
Hey just remember if u ever want a gas-thru grip im your man me right here i got one ;)

silver0ckt
07-10-2002, 10:23 PM
hi Transman,

what are the benefits to having a gas-thru foregrip? i suppose it cleans up the routing of air lines a little bit...but i think i would still need to have a braided line running from the top of the grip to the valve?

but if i decide to get one, i'll let you know!

thanks bud,

anthony

TransMan
07-10-2002, 10:39 PM
no prob just give me a Holla if u ever want it