PDA

View Full Version : What types of games do you play?

Patron God of Pirates
07-09-2002, 09:56 AM
For those of you playing Outlaw, Backyard, Recball, etc. what types of games do you play? The guys I play with (about 13 of us who call ourselves a team, but don't play tourneys) play at a bunch of different private properties in MA, ME, and NH. We are always coming up with new games to play so we don't get bored of just playing eachother.

Here are some of them:

Ice Pirates Games List:

Death Match- Shoot for teams. Teams split the field and fight. One fall, team with surviving members wins.

Hunter Prey- Shoot for teams. Deadeyes Hunt, Dorkeyes hide. One fall, team with surviving members wins. Switch rolls.

Showdown- Shoot for teams. Teams move towards each other until visual contact then fight. One fall, team with surviving members wins.

Outlaw Centerflag- Shoot for teams. Choose bases. Infinite falls (go to "hospital" to respawn). Team which returns flag to base wins.

All Your Base Are Belong to Us- Shoot for Teams. Choose bases. Infinite Falls (go to "hospital" to respawn). Capture (all team
members enter) other teams base to win.

Space Herpes- All vs. One. Space Herpes have only 10 rounds. One fall, team with surviving member(s) wins.

Super Melee- Shoot someone the second they put there goggles on and run for cover. One on one battle until submission ensues
(this only happened once, but was extremely funny)

I'm sure we're not the only ones doing this. If you've played, or have a new idea for a type of game, list it here.

Jonno06
07-09-2002, 10:04 AM
rabbit-pick a few people to be rabbits....they go out in the woods(or to other end of field),and hide somewhere,but the hunters cant see whaere they went.When a hunter shoots a rabbit they are out,but if a rabbit shots a hunter,the hunter becomes a rabbit....

there are also variations....

you can also play terminator(or whatever,i forget),where you split up the teams,and when a person is shot one time,they go over to the other team,if they are shot again,they are out....(very fun)..its good to use armbands to make sure u remember who has been hit.

FrAuStY
07-09-2002, 11:17 AM
We play hunter and rabbit with a nariation of hunters only get 50 rds a piece...no more.. The rabbits get as much as they can carry.

We also play muzzle loading games and I'll tell you..these are funner than pump games. You need a straight-shot squeegee and a crown royal bag. Each person gets 40 rds to put in their bag. The name described the game play..you muzzle load each shot. Revvys' and elbows come off... so do the feed plugs... this way no one can stick 3-5 rds in the feed tube. Let me tell you..this can get crazy! By far the funnest mod of paintball of the mainstream out there.. give it a try.

We play center flag, Capture the flag, also a mving flag game.. where the Flag carrying team has a starting point.. (insertion point whatever you want to call it.) the other team with proportional less players goes and hides. The flag team has to make it from the starting point to a predetermined destination point without giving up possesion of the flag to the other team. If the flag carrier gets elim'd he hangs the flag on the nearest limb (within reach)either team can pick up the flag once they make it to it without being elim'd themselves.. quite interesting. We play with the honor system of No cherry picking the destination point (camping destination)

We play last man standing (depending on # of people) Every man for themself if you want to call it that. Anymore than 10 people playing it gets rough...

We play Rat (many names for it i.e. Traitor, Team Kill, etc..) Count number of people.. Lets say 20 ppl in the woods. You'd put 19 balls of one color "red" and one off colored "purple" in a gogg bag or crown royal bag (almost as many uses as duct tape for these things). Everyone chooses a ball but no one says anything to anyone about what color he/she got. but no one says anything about what color he/she got. Now no one knows who the "rat" is.. the rat is the person who got the off color'd ball. Pick two captians to chose teams "orange" and "green" from the remaing players.. remember no one knows who the "rat" is. Then you start a normal elimination game... but heres where the fun begins...Once the game starts the rat is now part "rat can shoot the team he started with. The thing is...no one of the opposite team. No one from either team knows who he is..so he could be eliminated by his own team. But..the knows who the "Rat" is...so he may very well be taken out by his own team before he can do the funnest thing ever.. take out unsuspecting members of his entry team.This puts an interesting twist as no one can trust anyone the entire game!
Have fun!!

Blennidae
07-09-2002, 11:42 AM
I saw a tape where they played "civil war".

Looked like opposing teams lined up in a straight line some distance apart. You load one ball at a time and everyone shoots at once. If you are hit, you are out. If you survive, you take 2 paces forward and do it again. Looked like a nice slow way to wind down and use up the last few shots you have left.