PDA

View Full Version : Is Paintballcity.com down??

stedyone
07-09-2002, 02:36 PM
Anybody got any headsup on this??

stedyone
07-09-2002, 03:02 PM
up

TransMan
07-09-2002, 03:05 PM
i guess so cause its not lettin me in

deded
07-09-2002, 03:09 PM
yeah its down... a second ago they had a space holder page that said that one hard drive went down and one pentium went down... and that the parts should be in tommorrow.

I can't get to the page now though, so maybe they're working on it as we speak.

edit:
------------------------------------

heres whats on the page (it was in my history)

Dear PaintballCity.com Members,
Last night we ran into a serious strain of bad luck. Our database server had one of its hard drives fail. We use a RAID 5 configuration so our data is all intact. We also have full backups on a bi-daily schedule.

However...during all this one of web servers Intel processors decided it wanted to DIE as well. So we are in the midst of fixing both problems. We have brought down the services to keep the integrity of the data and system intact while we figure out a temporary/final solution.

This is not something that you can see coming. We were prepared as much as we could have been without having spare HD's and processors on hand. The parts are on their way and will be here by tomorrow.

We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause. Thank you for your patience.

UPDATE: July 7th, 2002 - 11:42 AM EST
After speaking with Apache.com, were we bought the web server with the current processor problem, we have concluded that the processor issue might be due to a bug in the Intel 440GX mother board. This can be fixed by resseting a configuration in the BIOS. I'm going into the Network operations center in NYC later this afternoon to test. Hopefully this will solve the processor problem. If so we should be able to run the PBC site off of the 4 working HD's on the database server. I will update you again soon.

Jim Murray
Administrator
PaintballCity.com

deded
07-09-2002, 05:29 PM
... i think pigtv is down too... This has to be the worst day in internet paintball.

At least the AO servers are still kickin.:D

zads27
07-09-2002, 06:01 PM
pbc down?

who cares :rolleyes: