PDA

View Full Version : Oiling A Mag

Lone Brain Cell
07-10-2002, 05:30 AM
Ok....This is the sort of thig that would have probably been posted in here 1,000,000 times....I have tried search etc. so please no Hate replies ( I'm new in here )
If you give me greif, I will make sure you keep the crocodile hunter over there, as a punishment!

Ok.. How much do you guys oil
Q1:At the end of the day? end of tournie?
Q2:Oil the Bolt? if so how much.
Q3:Does anyone completly strip their gun down and clean it after every tournie, or am I just too Anal??

shartley
07-10-2002, 05:46 AM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39631

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36118&highlight=lube
(scroll down.. good reading... lube is the same as the other thread I posted)

I am sure it would not hurt to strip it down, and more so if it gets really dirty/paint chop. But I am not a tech... LOL I do as the above posts say unless I know it is really messed up.

Load SM5
07-10-2002, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by Lone Brain Cell
I will make sure you keep the crocodile hunter over there, as a punishment!

Heck, you can keep him.;) Welcome to AO.

Lone Brain Cell
07-10-2002, 06:59 AM
Heck, you can keep him. Welcome to AO.
NOOOOOOO!!
We don't want the dork either!
We have been tying to get rid of him for ages!

I hope you all dont think that we are all like that
:(

P4ULuk
07-10-2002, 07:08 AM
Croikey!!! :D:D:D:D

Naa that guy is superb!!! I want sky just so I can watch his show!!

Paul.

shartley
07-10-2002, 07:13 AM
HeeHee I forgot to say WELCOME! So .. WELCOME! :D

About the Crock Hunter…. His new stuff… mediocre at best. His new movie… from the previews I have seen, blah. I liked his older stuff before he got “famous”. I thought it was more educational, now it seems he just wants to have things chomp at him, have him jump all over the place, and for him to make funny faces…. He went from education to “entertainment”.

Lone Brain Cell
07-10-2002, 07:29 AM
I don't know if u guys have seen the story he did on the 10 deadliest snakes in the world???
the most deadliest, is a thing called the Fierce snake, the thing lives in the most remote reigons of the outback (nothing for hundreds of miles) He is lying on his stomach while the snake is in a dry crack in the ground, he squirms up closer to the crack in the ground, and the snake back tracks & they come "face to face" then the snake proceeds to slither into his shirt! this snake will kill you within 10 minutes!
I have heard that he milks the snakes before he films.

Honestly he is a moron! Please take him

Ps thanks for the info;)

subbeh
07-10-2002, 09:33 AM
Welcome.

I comepletely strip my RT down after every game and clean and oil. It only takes like 20 minutes once you get the system down well, and it protects my rather large investment. I kind of enjoy working on it, anyway.

Jonno06
07-10-2002, 10:56 AM
lol...

shes a BEAUTY!!!

he is one crazy fool.......

welcome to AO....

i oil my gun whenever I have air because im usually quite bored....i just put about 5 drops in the quik disconnect,and like 3 in my asa,gas it up,take off my barrel,and shoot it about 50times....

athomas
07-10-2002, 11:13 AM
I oil my mag before every day of play, or if I have it apart for an o-ring change (which is very rare). I usually just put 3 to 4 drop of oil into the air intake on the side of the valve (my quick disconnect is there). I never had a problem since 1993 with my oiginal mag which still rocks and works great, and I hope to have as good success with my Emag.

RT_Luver
07-10-2002, 03:49 PM
me, I oil my bolt and thats it. after a good day of playin i ALWAYS take my gun apart and clean out every inch of it so that its good as new the next game