PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the screw-in adjustable tanks??

dyerules
07-10-2002, 12:34 PM
I just spent an hour or so checking pball websites to see if i could find an 68cu 4500psi screw-in adjustable tank for under $300.I don't wanna buy a tank and regulator just something i can screw in and go. I need the adjustable because I htiknk i'm going to go retro within the next to monthes and I wanna step up from the 3000psi to the 4500psi. Any help is appreciateD!!!!!!

Cliffio
07-10-2002, 12:36 PM
screw in adj??

you mean the old bulldog ones?

those are the only screw in adj. tanks that i know of

Cliff

dyerules
07-10-2002, 12:38 PM
I think a remember cross-fire making them. I don't know, but does anybody know where i can find one??

Tom Sparkman
07-10-2002, 01:26 PM
PMI sold the M2000, but I haven't seen them for a while (mine's already been re-hydro'd once).

Tom

mykroft
07-10-2002, 01:34 PM
Get a screw-in, and add a Thor or Max-Flo bottom line. There are no adjustable screw-ins on the market right now. they didn't sell well, because anyone needing adjustablility usually went whole hog and got a proper system.

Your ReTro will run fine off 800-850psi, if you want to kick up uyour output pressure, you'll want a Max-Flo or Flatline system, which can output over 800psi, which many systems can't.

Jonno06
07-10-2002, 01:38 PM
will the horizontal max-flo reg make my tank adjustable?

also,i can change my velocity that way too,right?

where can I find one?

how much are they?

thanx

SiLeNt X
07-10-2002, 01:47 PM
maxflow vert regs are around $150 and remember you wont be able to go over your preset tanks pressure(800psi or so)

subbeh
07-10-2002, 01:49 PM
Adding a thor or max-flo adds another regulator, meaning you have tripple-regged your mag, causing massive shootdown. No go...

I run my RT right now with a screw in preset at 850 PSI and the trigger is nice and snappy. I just don't have the money right now for an adjustable. Used to have a rex but it was screwed up, so I sold it (cheap to someone who would repair it) and just put a screw-on reg on that bottle.

Long story for nothing. See, I'm bored :D

mykroft
07-10-2002, 02:48 PM
The 'flo flows so well, you shouldn't have any shootdown. The bottomline is available used from the many Shocker owners with Air systems. Also most likely from SP.

MagDog68
07-10-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by subbeh
Adding a thor or max-flo adds another regulator, meaning you have tripple-regged your mag, causing massive shootdown. No go...

I run my RT right now with a screw in preset at 850 PSI and the trigger is nice and snappy. I just don't have the money right now for an adjustable. Used to have a rex but it was screwed up, so I sold it (cheap to someone who would repair it) and just put a screw-on reg on that bottle.

Long story for nothing. See, I'm bored :D

I may be wrong - I never had much use for Smart Parts - but isn't a Max Flo a dual reg system as it is? Wouldn't you be quadruple regging? :D

~Fred