PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone done a Automag to E-Mag upgrade.

luke
07-10-2002, 01:55 PM
I'm curious how the body lines up in relation to the battery back.

Can someone post some pictures?

davej946
07-10-2002, 02:03 PM
If I'm not mistaken, you send your marker to AGD and they take your valve and put it into an EMag. There should be no issue of anything lining up since it's a standard EMAg with your valve.

Later ~ Dave

luke
07-10-2002, 02:14 PM
I believe they use your RT valve and body. They replace the grip frame and body rail.

ShooterJM
07-10-2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by luke
I believe they use your RT valve and body. They replace the grip frame and body rail.

Last I heard

Automags - They can only use the valve.

RT PRO - They can use the valve, body and rail.

RT - Won't work at all, just buy an emag

Could be wrong though. It's happend before.

Jonno06
07-10-2002, 02:52 PM
no,cause don has a mini emag....

they use ur body i THINK in all cases...and only use ur valve if its an RT valve(ReTro applies also)

ShooterJM
07-10-2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Jonno06

they use ur body i THINK in all cases...and only use ur valve if its an RT valve(ReTro applies also)

Yeah but the rails or the body has to be machined to fit an emag body rail correctly don't they? Square Vs Round? That and the RT valve is a seperate dimensions then all the other valves. I dunnoe, I'm sure someone knows for sure.

Tack
07-10-2002, 03:54 PM
I had the conversion done and I have to say that the gun is so sweet I put my Angel in my case and hardly use it anymore.

As for the question. They took my body, frame, rail, and valve (standard air valve) and gave me a complete E-Mag with my vavle in it. Everything but the valve is an E-Mag but I havn't seen any probles except that when you switch over to manual it isn't as fast because you don't get the full kickback but the magnets and stuff in the grip will give the trigger a little bounce.

freek133
07-10-2002, 03:59 PM
say you wanted the full emag after having the conversion kit, after a while of running it with the stock valve (like an air valve) could you send it in and get the emag valve? Just curious

Tack
07-10-2002, 04:25 PM
Don't think so. I think the E-Mag valve is only a retro valve with E-Mag laser etched on it. If you have a conversion get a retro if you want to run something besides a stock valve and you will be fine. I'm just saveing up some money so I can get one.

luke
07-10-2002, 04:44 PM
I think the E-Mag valve is only a retro valve with E-Mag laser etched on it.

This is a true statement. I think the only difference is the length of the on/off pin.

Does anyone have pictures of their conversions?:D

luke
07-10-2002, 04:47 PM
you send it in and get the emag valve?

It's called the go ReTro program.

You send in your A.I.R. Valve, and they knock $100 off the price. Mine cost $207 shipped.

magking1971
07-10-2002, 06:34 PM
This is a old RT conversion, yes it can be done:D

SyntaxError
07-10-2002, 06:51 PM
has anyone had this done with just the standard AIR valve, like the ones on classic mags? how does the valve hold up during rapid fire? does it keep up? I would definately do a conversion, but wouldnt have the cash for the retro till later.

thanks

wimag
07-10-2002, 08:23 PM
Magking, that is the sweetest looking marker. Old and new together. Plus with the spectacular styling of the original RT's/ very nice indeed

magking1971
07-10-2002, 09:12 PM
Thanks wimag!
The plus side of this is that it is only one of six'ish? that was converted:D (I think that was the count)
Tomorrow after the UPS guy shows up I'll post picts of it with a smear kit and lvl 10!:D :D :D :D :D

Tunaman
07-10-2002, 09:18 PM
I made that body to fit his Emag. 15 freaking hours! The thanks I get...if you only knew

Originally posted by Jonno06

freek133
07-10-2002, 11:06 PM
tunaman, you made the body for the mini emag? So that would mean that if a minimag was sent to agd for the emag conversion, it would not have the minimag body when it comes back, am i correct on this? Also, how much would it cost for the body, if my previous guess was right?

E==Mag MAN
07-10-2002, 11:48 PM
E-mag bodies are 157.00 if u own a e-mag. thats right from my proshop.

AGDSaul
07-11-2002, 09:07 AM
Ok here you go this is how it's done.

If you own an automag or minimag no matter what valve you have installed in it (stock or retro) we only use the valve for the conversion. In other words we remove the valve and install it into an E-mag body and frame. Reason being the body dosen't fit onto the E-mag rail. But there is a few out there that are truly automag or minimag conversions maybe 15.

If yo own a RT or RT pro, we do use the RT/RT Pro body and rail for the conversion, so that means we install a custom sear and the E-mag grip and battery.

And yes if you do have a conversion E-mag with a automag and minimag valve you can purchase a Retro valve and It will work just like and E-mag. Because the E-mag valve and Retro valve work the same.

Hope this clears things up

Laters
Saul Ramirez
E-mag Tech.
Production Manager
Airgun Designs :D :D :D :D

luke
07-11-2002, 12:39 PM
But there is a few out there that are truly automag or minimag conversions maybe 15.
Thanks for the info Saul.

Sorry for beating a dead horse, but would you (or anyone else) have pictures of the Automag or Mini conversions?

Also, what had to be modified in order to do the conversions on the Automag? Mill the grip frame?

AGDSaul
07-11-2002, 12:46 PM
Take a look at the tread entitled Blue E-mag Conversion, This is my personal marker it's an old pic and the marker has gone through some changes

luke
07-11-2002, 12:58 PM
Man! That is "purty"! I didn't see that the first time around. The Automag is still my favorite "Tube" body.

It looks like you were able to use the body and rail. What did you do to make it work.

luke
07-11-2002, 01:01 PM
http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21946&highlight=Blue+Emag+Conversion

AGDSaul
07-11-2002, 02:08 PM
It is an automag mainboday and rail with a custom sear (the sears pro-team haave on there Micro E-mags which work on a sear pin) and it also consists of a spacer that gose between the rail and frame (which Pro-team also use) no milling or cutting but sometimes it takes a lot of work to get them going but once you do they work great. (shorter on off pin, trigger and plunger are diffrent lengths also.

freek133
07-11-2002, 02:21 PM
So basically, unless you know somebody on the "inside" of agd personally who could get this worked on for you, your not going to get a mini-emag any time soon. Am I right?

AGDSaul
07-11-2002, 02:32 PM
Well say if you have the parts (E-mag grip and battery), and puchased a spacer, and a sear from pro-team. And you are pretty good at putting a e-mag together and know how it works, besides just aiming and shooting. You could probably put one together. Oh and by the way I don't know if Pro-team sells just the spacers and sears. I don't want this to come back and haunt me.:D :D :D :D :D

LeoJ223
07-31-2002, 06:17 PM
What is the cost of upgrading a classic to a emag!?! Just curious

freek133
07-31-2002, 09:07 PM
550 dollars I do believe.

manike
08-01-2002, 04:14 AM
hhmmm.... ;)

To get the grip to fit the original RT did you need to mill a flat on the back of the frame where the strip screw sits? I can't quite make it out from that picture.

Obviously you need to bore the hole out larger for the strip screw...

/me ponders how cool a vert feed RT e-mag would be :D

manike

freek133
08-01-2002, 12:32 PM
...I want a mini emag :mad: and thats that!!!!

FutureMagOwner
08-01-2002, 02:39 PM
how much would it cost to get my mag converted to emag with the rt body(im gunna have tuna modify the body)? about the same?

bascailly what i want is all the stuff to convert but i want an rt body istead of emag body and ill send the rt body to tuna after.

nitewolf_9
06-06-2003, 03:00 AM
how much does it cost to get the conversion done if you already have an xvalve? I mean is it worth it, or is it easier to just buy an emag?

athomas
06-06-2003, 08:28 AM
Its less expensive to buy a good used emag.

The conversion if its still available was $650.00 and you had to use your own valve. You can buy a used emag for less than $600.00 with a valve. Sell the emag valve to offset your purchase. That would make your upgrade cost around $400.00. The great thing about mags is that even a used one is just as good as a new one.

yeahthatsme
06-06-2003, 09:46 AM
they arent doing the conversion any more.