PDA

View Full Version : Best pump?

DCB
07-10-2002, 02:10 PM
What is the best pump gun for the money? I want to get into the pump game.
Thanks
:cool:

HoppysMag
07-10-2002, 02:47 PM
all i have to say is a phantom is the same as a Hornet operational wise... and they are all the same as a carter, maveric and other pumps, i donno about snipers or Sterlings but in my opinion get a sniper... cause a phantom is an overated Hornet and a carter is an over priced Maverick/Hornet/Phantom. thats my 2 cents:D

Coaster
07-10-2002, 02:50 PM
a few of my friends just bought pumps, so i think i can help you out. Companies to check out are CCI Phantom and Palmer, recently a new pump has come out that seems to have surpassed the Phantom... here is a link: http://www.paintball.com/features/story.cfm?placementID=1126

mykroft
07-10-2002, 02:56 PM
Phantom or Sentinel Pump

www.phantomonline.com

www.actionmarkers.com

Sniper 2's are OK, but aren't easily converted to stock class and there's no vert feed available (Unless you want to buy a body kit that costs more than the marker did). Sniper 3's are junk, unless you want to build a custom minicocker, as the pump arm jams continuously.

Go Phantom for stock class, or if you want to run backbottle/6-pack, Sentinel if you are going to run with a hopper. Action Marker's anno is gorgeous, and the markers are very solid. I'm waiting for the semi conversion for a Sentinel pump (Hmm, maybe I need to buy 2 of them....). Sentinels take cocker barrels & Angel feeds too. Hmm, stock class style angel feed anyone ;-)

RT_Luver
07-10-2002, 03:01 PM
phantom i would think woul dbe the best pump gun around. but i've never realy used a pump

DCB
07-10-2002, 03:21 PM
WOW...the AM looks great. I may have to get on that waiting list.:D

kool_aid39
07-10-2002, 03:25 PM
I would get a phantom. They are expensive, but you get what you pay for. Plus, CCI has great customer service.

DCB
07-10-2002, 04:17 PM
kool_aid39
You may be right. They have been at it for a long time. I know you can get a nice set up used for a good price....:cool:

07-10-2002, 04:21 PM
chipley custom machine. it retails for over 1000$

Muzikman
07-10-2002, 04:30 PM
Thats a tough one...I have so many pumps that I just love. I'm a huge Palmer fan, but they are not for everyone. I would say that if you got a Phantom you would be happy.

dropkick1
07-10-2002, 04:40 PM
definitley phantom, great gun, great service. loved mine when i had it.

ken

krafty
07-10-2002, 05:29 PM
I'd say Phantom like most. I really love Palmer's pump guns, but they're heavy. The Phantom is very light. They're also nice because of the ease of switching them from stock class to direct feed and from 12-gram to constant air.

kool_aid39
07-10-2002, 06:29 PM
There is nothing like bunkering an angel toter with a stockgun. I know this shouldn't be here but, I can get you a barely used direct feed phantom for $150-ish.

Mike

SyntaxError
07-10-2002, 06:57 PM
hey, my personal favorite is the Sniper II, not stock though. I took one of the new 2000-style snipers and added a load of stuff to it, like a Rat 3:16 valve, chipley pump kit, hardened trigger plates, supafly bolt, and a bunch of other stuff. shoots like a dream.

but everyone knows what the absolute best pump is. You wanna know? its the one that YOU PLAY WITH MOST COMFORTABLY.

peace

Micewheelz72
07-10-2002, 07:46 PM
Get a phantom. you wont be disappointed. About the sentinel, that review is very biased. He said the phantom couldnt hit the target at 70 ft? right. I can hit a target at that range. Carter markers are better than pahntoms but not 400$ worth. CCI also has great customer service. I couldnt agree more with syntaxerror.

but everyone knows what the absolute best pump is. You wanna know? its the one that YOU PLAY WITH MOST COMFORTABLY.

Grand
07-10-2002, 11:32 PM
had a palmer super stocker and a fully loaded phantom. both great guns. SS was heavy but there was something about it that I loved. It always shot great and never broke. The phantom has changable barrels and can be converted between sc and just regular pump. I had mine back bottle so I could use my 6pak with it.

The phantom is really a more versitile pump gun and thats why I kept mine and sold the SS first.

Grand
(my phantom and 6pak are for sale now btw ;)

mrhooie
07-10-2002, 11:48 PM
I've got a Phantom and agree, it rocks.

bang for the buck? the PMI Trracer