PDA

View Full Version : faster trigger speed

paintballisking
07-10-2002, 02:56 PM
I don't know if any body has said this before but what about an scrolling trigger like on the mouse where you can still fire one shot but still fire 15 in one roll of the finger. It would have to be a set of small magnets in a round trigger where you could set up different distances for the magnets to brake the field like the points in a rotating distributor you would be setting the timing. I think this would improve accuracy too because your finger never leaves the scroll between one and 15 therefore the movement is a lot smoother.

With the way tournament players are holding their guns today with one hand almost off the handgrip I think this would be a more efficient way to fire the gun. You could still set the trigger to be pressed for like in the mouse and then roll for high rates of speed.

Maybe it?s just a dumb thought but I don't think it would be that hard to produce for electronic guns and with the higher rates of speed I think it would be a solution.

What are your ideas about new triggers

pat360
07-11-2002, 11:34 PM
i think if there was a little wheel , just like in the mouse with bumps on it, it could go around and each bump would trip a micro switch and the closer the bumps are together the higher the ROF.

nicad
07-12-2002, 04:02 PM
that would be pretty cool, but i really doubt it would qualify for a "legal" trigger in tourneys.. :-/

heres a link to a trigger i made earlier this year..
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51730

its truly multi-directional, and "by the letter of the law" still legal with tourney rules of a "trigger".

07-13-2002, 12:30 AM
i will share this idea that i had, just because i do not see myself using it.

imagine taking the bushmaster user that likes to set his trigger real sensitive and drum on the side of the grip. well what if you replace one of the grip pannels with a pezzo electric speaker, and record each output event from the speaker as a trigger pull. call it something like the drum, and tap away to your favorite heavy metal song.

rhetor22
07-13-2002, 03:21 PM
instead of using magnets you could just use the internals of a mouse... they use optics... if you look at the wheel it has holes in it, and when the light goes thru the hole it trips the switch.

This is a good idea but you would have trouble firing a slow string of balls if you were a back player. You would have to pull your finger back up to the top of the wheel after a string of shots

paintballisking
07-15-2002, 08:44 AM
my idea, the only problem would be tourneys allowing it

nicad,

looks kewl those guys were harsh man that looks great do you still use it?

i have an impulse to how did you do it?

if you put a really small eight sided hex on it in stead of the small rod i think that would look beter that way you could have a flat surface each way and you could weld any thing on the end of it like a round ball

maglovercoco
07-15-2002, 02:57 PM
wow. both sound good( including the linked trigger) For a proto try uing the intrnals of a mouse. Maybe make a bigger wheel s oyou dont have to bring ur finger up to th top so often. It prob ont be tourny legal

Person
08-11-2002, 01:43 PM
A scroll bar trigger would shoot very fast. You can shoot both directions and the clicky idea is awsome also

Pand0ra
08-16-2002, 06:45 PM
It's a good idea, but I already see a big problem:
you could make the wheel do, let's say, 1000 impusions per turn.
This or a full auto gives the same results...

@++

oslorat
08-20-2002, 01:19 AM
what about an infrarred light trigger where the bem reflects off the trigger guard and when ever you break the beam it fires 1,3 or 5 bps and so on or a constant break in the beam can be set to full auto. i have been werknin on this one for a while...give me some feed back!
levi

_Spork_1
09-01-2002, 05:14 PM
wouldnt the trigger have to return to a certain median which the mouse trigger wouldnt have?

Top Secret
09-01-2002, 11:04 PM
I remember a guy on PBN made a trigger for his imp that could be pulled in any direction. Since it's normal state is in the middle, and it still has to reset. It should be legal. I was thinking something similar to that with a ring trigger instead of the stick type that the guy used.