PDA

View Full Version : Problems...

cooltot
07-10-2002, 07:28 PM
mag problems...i know i know, scary....

I just bought a new gun body and drop forward for my mag. This past weekend I gassed it up and everything was swell until I chronoed it at 380. I noticed the faster I tried to shoot it, it wouldnt actually shoot at all cause it doesnt seem to be recharging itself. If I dont shoot for a few moments is recharges so much is feels like im shooting a 12 gauge. Now that's not all....

Then I tried to fix the problem, as I gassed it up it now started leaking out the barrel. I attempt to fix this problem by shortening my spacers. I got my smallest spacer in and it still leaks. what's going on here??

Now I can't even gas it up to shoot, any ideas here????

subbeh
07-10-2002, 10:03 PM
With the high velocity, you DEFINATLY had a regulator problem in the AIR valve. Get a parts kit and replace everything. That's the extent of my knowledge, sorry.

cooltot
07-11-2002, 07:41 AM
I've got a Retro Valve. And I had already taken it apart and inspected it for foreign debris. It's all good and clean but I still have the leaking problem.

Panzerr
07-11-2002, 11:20 AM
Did you try backing the velocity all the way out, then slowy turning it back in?

Coaster
07-11-2002, 11:24 AM
Make sure the reg seat is in the proper position. I had this exact same problem(except for the leak down the barrel) the problem was that a piece of teflon was sticking into the valve(right infront of the reg seat)

cooltot
07-12-2002, 07:44 AM
Yea I tried that panzerr. Once I started screwing the reg back in air cyclced through the gun and leaked out the barrel. Anyone else know why that is happening???

athomas
07-12-2002, 10:55 AM
I had the same problem. I had to replace the sear assembly to get it to work.

I have also experienced gas venting out the front caused by the velocity adjustment being too low. Turn it up and try it again. Gas the gun while the trigger is held.

cooltot
07-13-2002, 08:31 PM
Thanks guys. I got it back up and running again. I still got the gun spiking velocity thought if I wait a few moments to shoot. Should I just call agd to get that worked out?

a_malfunction
07-13-2002, 09:50 PM
My buddy's classic mag did that before. All I did was oil it and it stopped.

athomas
07-14-2002, 04:56 PM
A bad or dirty regulator seat would cause the velocity to rise as the gun sits. The reg seat is the large flat seal that goes between the front and back half of the valve.

puckmaster
07-14-2002, 10:27 PM
I dont know about the crazy velocity, but to solve the problem about air leaking out the barrel, put some oil in the ASA and the holes on the valve marked "-oil-"

cooltot
07-15-2002, 08:50 AM
I fixed the air leaking through the barrel. But I still got the 1st shot of a string of shots firing hot. Reading on the agd website it says to replace the reg seat. Well my Retro Valve officially doesnt have a 'reg seat'. I got a reg seat holder and a reg seat oring. Do I gotta replace both then?

athomas
07-16-2002, 03:51 PM
You just have to replace the regulator seat o-ring in the retro valve. It should fix your problem.