PDA

View Full Version : Great Barrel

TransMan
07-10-2002, 09:44 PM
Hey i went to a PB store here in KY to day and the store owner was showing me a barrel that a local guy here in KY designed and makes. I thought it was a great idea its a self adjusting bore barrel it adjust itself perfectly to every ball that you shoot. Hes not making it for a mag yet because he doesnt have the equipment to make the locking groves but hes going to be able soon. The best part about it the barrel is only 100$ and im definitley geting one as soon as he startsmaking one for mags. :D

AcemanPB
07-10-2002, 09:46 PM
that sounds cool, how does this work?

TransMan
07-10-2002, 09:51 PM
Im not exactly sure yet i didnt have alot of time to talk with him about it but ill be finding out more in a week or two hopfully.

Kevmaster
07-10-2002, 10:04 PM
if its like any of the three or four there are now(no, NOT Freak, CP, ACI, etc--but ARadius etc), then it doesnt adjust on EACH shot. it adjusts whenver you do it, and has to be locked during games(velo can change with different bore barrels) and doesnt seem to work too well

TransMan
07-10-2002, 10:11 PM
No No you dont have to adjust it at all it expands and contracts with each shot next time im at the shop ill get some pics of it and get some more info

07-10-2002, 10:23 PM
sounds like something from men in black. what is it made out of? that contour foam on those 6 million dollar mattresses?

TransMan
07-10-2002, 10:28 PM
lol no its alluminum i think

Patron God of Pirates
07-11-2002, 08:49 AM
http://www.pbreview.com/pics/BRCCR14_big.jpg

The new Core Pro Series Slayer SA Barrel has a unique bearing design within the barrel. There are eight separate bearings that carefully grip the sides of a paintball. The bearing system is self adjusting so there is no need to worry about what size paint you have. Simply put, perfect barrel to paint match every time you play. The best part is that there are no inserts to mess around with. The eight different bearings act like an insert and are permanently attached to the barrel.

$180

DCB
07-11-2002, 09:09 AM
Where can you get one of these Core Pro Series Slayer SA Barrels? Is there a web page or something?

Patron God of Pirates
07-11-2002, 09:31 AM
I have no idea, I found it on pbreview with no links.

DCB
07-11-2002, 10:04 AM
I found this...
http://www.paintball-online.com/product_list.asp?dept=151&last=151
Good price as well. Still looking....:cool:

Patron God of Pirates
07-11-2002, 10:26 AM
They don't appear to be designed for Mags yet.

darklord
07-11-2002, 10:31 AM
That barrel looks pretty slick.... although it said that it won't fit guns with an LPC or shroud.... so it won't fit 'cockers, or I would think most mags, like the RT, which has a 1-2 inch extension of the body with holes in it... if that bulky part of the barrel with the bearings was gone then it'd be much better.