PDA

View Full Version : What do u hate about online PAINTBALL boards

E==Mag MAN
07-10-2002, 11:39 PM

mrhooie
07-10-2002, 11:43 PM
You know - before I ask a question - I search (I don't like the flames)

I hate bad grammer, it's hard to read - I ususually hit the 'BACK' button before I continue. I can stand a few spelling mistakes, but hard to read - is HARD TO READ!!

Other than that - If I can learn something or answer something, I'll read a post

magman007
07-10-2002, 11:45 PM
no 2 all the way, just because some people dedicate their lives to this board, dosnt mean that if they get digruntled from seing the same posts over and over again that they have theright to complain, it means they should get out and do something. I read a post 2 day about extremes and i was like the third poster and i was the one who took the time to answer the poor kids question. i mean yeesh, if your gunna type a book about searching, couldnt you have typed a paragraph about the answer??

AcemanPB
07-10-2002, 11:49 PM
ddindc preety much sums up what i hate about online boards if anyone read that flame war on the 20bps racegun thread then you know where i'm coming from

i also hate people who post on a thread with nothing say, and not being helpfull, they are just posting simply beacuse they can

E==Mag MAN
07-11-2002, 12:00 AM
lol i didnt even dare go into the 20 bps racegun thread lol my head would be threw the monitor. Ugh im sure u saw it the guy who can shoot 20 bps with his copper xtreme hehe i was in that one.

subbeh
07-11-2002, 12:00 AM
People who cannot manage to input the English language into a computer.

'Mag
07-11-2002, 12:04 AM
Stupid people, and smart people that think just becuase they're smart, they can be <B>*POOF*</B>.

Swear filter didn't catch that^, and I don't need to get banned, so if my editing wasn't sufficient, just change it, don't kick me off the site.

*Warning - No cussing/circumventing cuss filter* -Miscue

E==Mag MAN
07-11-2002, 12:05 AM
magman007 you should feel deeply touched. You made it into my signature.:)

E==Mag MAN
07-11-2002, 12:09 AM
'mag i know what u mean. I never act like that cause u never know if there goin to answer your question.

'Mag
07-11-2002, 12:13 AM
I don't like it when the people that you know are smart, give you a reply that does absolutely no help at all. I mean if you're gonna take the time to write something, you might as well go ahead and answer the question, and not just give some bull*EDIT* No cussing. Obviously you didn't learn anything from your last post above about no cussing. Consider this a warning, next violation could warrant a temp ban. Army on how there was a post about this a few weeks ago, or that everyone should know that, or some other crap that's totally off topic.

WhoDaresPlay
07-11-2002, 12:27 AM
people that worship manufactures on message boards

subbeh
07-11-2002, 12:29 AM
'Mag I would just completely remove any reference to that word if I were you... they are strict. Just edit it to jerks, no reason to take a risk...

MagmanLee
07-11-2002, 01:50 AM
i hate the people who say stupid things just cause someone else said it.
look into the Matrix. it is the fastest gun out right now, accurate as ****
lol that was said by a guy on my field's website:rolleyes:

InfinatyBPS
07-11-2002, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by AcemanPB

i also hate people who post on a thread with nothing say, and not being helpfull, they are just posting simply beacuse they can

Oh realy...;)

SqueegeeKid
07-11-2002, 04:55 AM
Bad grammer/spelling is the worst thing about forums. IMHO

I can stand the meatheads with their odd views, as long as i can understand what silly point their trying to make. Sometimes it's very hard on the eyes.

WhoDaresPlay
07-11-2002, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by SqueegeeKid

The irony of that statement is killer.

Army
07-11-2002, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by SqueegeeKid

I can stand the meatheads with their odd views, as long as i can understand what silly point their trying to make. Sometimes it's very hard on the eyes.

lol:) I counted four punctuation errors in your post!

BTW..it's spelled GRAMMAR!

wyn1370
07-11-2002, 10:16 AM
postwhores, you know who you are, if you have nothing of importance to add, don't post
sigs, I don't need to see your favorite 10 quotes, specks of your marker(just link a pic for petes sake), or your good/bad traders(there is a forum strictly for that). And some of these people use their sig every time they post, so we have to scroll through twice as much sig as post. Keep it simple, and make a website for your crap, don't include it in every post.
end rant for now

RT_Luver
07-11-2002, 10:23 AM
I agree with everyword. specially that part about the search thing. really, if no one ever asked a question,then this forum would be useless. and if everyone only uses the search thing, then NO questions will be asked and their wont be any use for it. and a lotta the times ppl do search and ppl say search. wtf is up wit that?

FutureMagOwner
07-11-2002, 11:12 AM
not sure if anyone else noticed but you spelled grammar wrong about 5 times now, and the original post spelled nimrod wrong.

thank you have a nice day

irbodden
07-11-2002, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by E==Mag MAN
#5 ANYONE who believes in things such as LOW PRESSURE is the best or COCKERS CAN SHOOT FARTHER. Anything of that nature.

I am starting to believe Cockers DO shoot further than some other guns. If you have ever shot an Angel, Impulse and Cocker you'd notice that the ball flys diffrently out of them. The Angel and Impulse have alot of arc while the cocker shoots very flat. If they both come out of the gun at 300 FPS and one shoots straight and another in an arc which goes further? .. there may be some truth behind that rumor..

thanks to maghappy for explanin' this to me.

Tom Sparkman
07-11-2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by wyn1370
postwhores, you know who you are, if you have nothing of importance to add, don't post
sigs, I don't need to see your favorite 10 quotes, specks of your marker(just link a pic for petes sake), or your good/bad traders(there is a forum strictly for that). And some of these people use their sig every time they post, so we have to scroll through twice as much sig as post. Keep it simple, and make a website for your crap, don't include it in every post.
end rant for now

Just go to your user options and check the radiobutton NO for "Show user's signatures in their posts?"

Much easier on the eyes!
Tom :cool:

wyn1370
07-11-2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Tom Sparkman

Just go to your user options and check the radiobutton NO for "Show user's signatures in their posts?"

Much easier on the eyes!
Tom :cool:
yeah I know. but my point is that I shouldn't have to. I like to see creative sigs. Many people have them. But others just take away from the board. It is a form of expression, but some have taken it to the extreme. It also makes it easier to quickly identify users. I don't even pay attention to the usernames anymore, I know most by their sigs.

TheTramp
07-11-2002, 12:09 PM
1)sigs that are longer than the post. (If you want that long sig I guess you'll have to think of more to say)

2)people who use their long sigs more then once per thread. Yes I understand that you can forget to turn it off after the first time this is why I suggested (in another one of these threads) that the sig button not be set to on. It was never always on before the forum made the big change.

3)people who put smiles and "lol" in their posts when they are really saying something nasty and expect the readers not to be offended. I'm talking about when the person means what they are posting but puts in the smiles/lol's so they can pretend (to us? to themselves?) they aren't being nasty or a jerk.

ben_JD
07-11-2002, 12:13 PM
You asked for a rant...you shall receive one.

I don't mind the stupid signatures, because I have turned them off. I don't mind the spelling so much as the poor grammar, not because I don't understand what is being said, but because I fear that this is the best effort that these folks can put into their posts. I occasionally get resumes from these same people.

What I detest is the seemingly touched individuals who are unhappy with the 26 letters we have been blessed with in the English alphabet and feel the need to use replacements. How is the arabic 3 a replacement for an "e"?

Furthermore, those folks who have difficulty with the notion that capital letters should be used at the beginning of sentences and proper nouns, not as headache inducement for those of us who have to read their posts. If they placed nearly as much emphasis on the ideas in their posts as they do manipulating their keyboards to come up with the graphical representation of the words in their posts, we would have a much more productive bulletin board.

It is not infrequent for me to open a thread and have not ONE post which I can read because every poster has annoyed me so much in the past that I have added them to my long and growing "ignore" list.

Again, you asked for a rant. Next time, be more careful in your requests. :)

MagMan5446
07-11-2002, 12:20 PM
I hate how people say lol after every edited because of the combination of a God with this word. That is cursing which may also offend - cphilipdamn word.

Cow
07-11-2002, 12:56 PM
I hate it when people selling used gear think it's worth what they paid for it new.

SqueegeeKid
07-11-2002, 01:51 PM
haha i can't spell. I must hate my own post.
hrmm, posting things when i wake up at 5am isn't a good idea unless i want to get laughed at.

TheTramp
07-11-2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by MagMan5446
I hate how people say lol after every goshdamn word.

I'm with you. I picture an insane person rocking back and forth and cackling while typing.

DarkRipper
07-11-2002, 03:00 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the old cult of "lp means farther shots and more accuracy" has been replaced by a cult of pseudo-science babble to explain why lp does NOT mean farther shots and more accuracy?

It's pretty funny.

:)

Noone really knows... physics can explain anything natural, but I don't think anyone has done anywhere near a scientific enough study on lp and the affects on paintballs vis a vis accuracy and distance to really make a judgement one way or the other.

Next, cockers being more accurate or not more accurate: once again there really hasn't been a ironclad study done on different markers as to whether one marker is more accurate or not.

Saying that all markers are pretty much equal is a good compromise, but not really scientifically based.

In the end, the best judgement you can make is to say use what you're comfortable with, and the one that you feel is the more accurate for your game.

Until someone does the legwork, don't believe either way, yay or nay.

That's my humble opinion and that's one of my pet peeves about internet paintball message boards.

:)
DR

wimag
07-11-2002, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
1)

3)people who put smiles and "lol" in their posts when they are really saying something nasty and expect the readers not to be offended. I'm talking about when the person means what they are posting but puts in the smiles/lol's so they can pretend (to us? to themselves?) they aren't being nasty or a jerk.

oh how true!!!!

HoppysMag
07-11-2002, 06:46 PM
i hate when people post crappy guns/setups and say that it cost them 2000$ and is the best gun ever...

i also hate the word "Custom" cause to me custom means you called someone and said " make me this" then they made it for you. not well here example....

execpt from a BE gun @ pballgear.com

This starter gun runs on CO2 or compressed air and is made of Polymer for light weight.
JT Goggle
Brass Eagle Barrel plug
Brass Eagle 200rnd hopper with elbow
Brass Eagle combo squeege
Paintball 101 Video
One step quick pull field strip pin
Custom trigger guard and double trigger
custom grip
Bottomline adpater
Side cocking knob
http://www.paintballgear.net/010-2057-1.html

thats not custom!! if you have to special order, or make it your self, or have it made then its custom, not call a place and they go in the back of a mega ware house and pull it out of a dusty box filled with them. i can understand kinda callin a small bussiness and mabey they have a few xtra from a previous batch. but to me thats pushing it.

Oregon_pb_
07-11-2002, 06:57 PM
No. 2.

THat annoys me to no end. They posted it for a reason then someone posts a #2 then the subject turns and the poor guy never gets his Q answered.