PDA

View Full Version : electric paintball markers

aut911
07-11-2002, 11:38 AM
as if paintball isnt already complicated enough, an electric paintball marker would use an onboard air compressor and most likely an 18-24 volt rechargable battery alla- Dewalt. i also though of how the air compressor would work, a small piston(1") geared like an airsoft gun, pushed forward through use of a motor, like a reciprocating saw, but the difference is that the pressure for the aircompressor is emptied every stroke, due to a relief valve tuned to what ever pressure is needed to fire a paintball, so when ever the pressure is reached it fires, the problem would be getting it tuned to the right pressure to fire the paintball at the right fps, probably have to have different pushrod lengths and an increadibly long chamber to make it work.

to bad i cant try this myself.

comments? erase if you dont think this is deep enough.

aut911

steveg
07-11-2002, 04:36 PM
http://www.porter-cable.com/cgi-bin/products.cgi?method=byid&prod_id=BN200V12

aut911
07-11-2002, 04:51 PM
my paintball gun can shoot 20 5 penny nails through a 4" concrete block a second!

Slim7
07-14-2002, 06:25 PM
my dad has a lot of Paslode(Sp?) brand nail/staple guns like that, the only problem is that those compressors can only produce so much PSI, and no tank to hold air, so if you start using one of his nail guns you will have to take a break after every 10 shots or so

and it uses a fuel cell also

Slim7
07-14-2002, 06:33 PM
this is the site of the kind of nail gun my dad uses
http://www.paslode.com/products/tool_catalog/IMCT.html

aut911
07-14-2002, 10:51 PM
my dad has one also.

pretty cool, and we can only squeeze of about five rounds before a sensor onboard tells it to stop firing. I think that could work for consistency but the problem would be when your about to bunker someone, your run up, pull the trigger and kapoot, nothing happens.

aut

Exodus
07-21-2002, 09:47 AM
the size would be a problem as well. you better off with a 45/45

chris99506
07-24-2002, 04:22 PM
i thaught of this too but instead of a gun that recharges itself why not an air tank??

aut911
07-25-2002, 12:10 AM
like a small onboard commpressor with a small gas engine(rc car mabye) to run it, or you could just attach two pistons to your legs (pnjeumatic of course) and have a direct line running to your marker, but of course you would have to run alot just to get enough pressure to bunker your apponent. But then again, it would give you more satisfaction when you shoot that angel from about 100 ft away.

aut