PDA

View Full Version : Presenting the NEW Minimag

Ityl
07-11-2002, 02:26 PM
Well, an idea for one. One thing that many people still believe is that a mag runs at ~800 psi or whatever the tank is set at. They don't realize that the AIR is a regulator the same as the minireg is. Another thing is that basically everyone puts a forgrip on their mag. So why not take the regulator, and move it from back to front. The picture shows a retro valve but I'm thinking use the AIR instead. This would lighten the whole package because no gas through would be needed. You could single regulate the whole system. You can put a gauge on the vert and see what pressure you are actually running at. You could put different regs on, such as a mini reg, messiah, or whatever. Plus the gun is smaller. there's about 1.5 inches off the back. Personally I think that this would be great. Also it would be able to have the on/off section to be modified for greater flow so the shoot down of the AIR and high rates of fire would be decreased.

RT_Luver
07-11-2002, 02:33 PM
you might have thought of this, but maybe not. the main reason for the retro valve is the, well for one....no shootdown. and 2, teh REACTIVE trigger. if you put the retro valve in a vert asa, the trigger wouldn't be reactive or really even work

WickeDKlowN
07-11-2002, 02:42 PM
aside from RT_Luvers point, it looks good but you should cut the rail down and move the reg closer to the grip frome so it will be lighter, due to the shorter rail, and a smaller, tighter package.

Coaster
07-11-2002, 03:08 PM
Hey, i like that idea... but instead of relocating the entire valve just put the regulator down in the grip and just run a macro line up to the valve opening(where the reg seat would be). Dependin on where the constant air was supplied another macro line might have to be installed to go to the reg. I am not sure if you thought only the reg should go in the vert grip... Anyway, cool idea!

zads27
07-11-2002, 03:18 PM
There have been posts similar (somewhat) to this idea, in the deep blue forum. I think it was more closely aimed at making a vert retro regulator (for all markers), rather than a whole new system just for mags.

[rt_luver] You can actually keep the reactive trigger, cuz unless you want to move the on/off as well as the regulator, You'll still get the reactive trigger. and if you move the on/off too, the retro regulator isn't retrofittable to other markers (most likely), as well as you have to redesign the rail/sear/trigger system.

Also, who really cares if the mag gets shorter in the back? It would pose you no real advantage unless you have your tank dropped so far forward, that it's entirely in front of your foregrip. In which case you can't shoulder the marker in any real manner, and if you try, your wrist would be tweaked like no other.

mykroft
07-11-2002, 03:23 PM
zads27: Nope, as the on/off pin in an RT gets hit at full input pressure, but the chamber only gets the regulated pressure. You'd need a dual airline to get reactivity (1 reg pressure, 1 pre-reg pressure).

Looks good though.

rikkter
07-11-2002, 03:39 PM
people read what he said. he didn't say the whole valve. he clearly stated he wasn't talking about the WHOLE ENTIRE valve.
he said the regulator part. now obviously this will be a small part but with extra space for a foregrip part.
of course it might cause a problem for charging back up since it'd have to go through a hose to the actual valve from the reg

freek133
07-11-2002, 04:04 PM
How do you guys think that thing looks good, It is taking on a spyder look with that design. I dont know, I just dont think that looks too good, nice innovation though.

zads27
07-11-2002, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by mykroft
zads27: Nope, as the on/off pin in an RT gets hit at full input pressure, but the chamber only gets the regulated pressure. You'd need a dual airline to get reactivity (1 reg pressure, 1 pre-reg pressure).

Looks good though.

Pretty difficult to understand ur post, but I get what you're talking about.

This was discussed on the forum before.. all I meant was it is possible to keep the reactive trigger by leaving the on/off in place.

Two airlines is probably necessary for such a device to work (with current setup of retro reg), and I think by moving the chamber so far from the regulator, the flow rates associated with the retro charging rate and the "vacuum line" sender for chamber pressure would mess things up in terms of consistency, blah blah.

Ityl
07-11-2002, 10:22 PM
I don't like the retro valve, the only reason I used it because it's the only good pic of an AGD reg I could find. All RT/retro valves we have had have required much more maintenence with less performance than the AIR. The AIR is much more consistent than the RT. The RT will either be consistent at high rates or low rates of fire. That's the whole deal with the RT chrono procedure. An AIR with a higher flowing on/off would be awesome. And by on/off I don't mean a high flow top. I mean enlarging the holes (entering and exiting) and possibly redoing the pin.