PDA

View Full Version : M3 Black Dragun

land hurricane
07-11-2002, 02:32 PM
Hey all. I was looknig at the M3 Black dragun and was wondering:
-What kind of internals does it take (ex. Bolt, valve)?
-Is there another chip that can up the rof?
-What kind of barrel threads?
-Has anyone had any good or bad experience with these?
Thanks for the info.

07-11-2002, 02:48 PM
i don't have dragun, just the frame...

out of the box, you can go up to 20bps on automatic if you get the lcd full function version. i am working on a board to see how fast i can get it going beyond that. http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42143

i think that they take autococker barrels.

as far as their internals, you could probally get away with swaping out most parts with thoes of other slim striker guns. there are upgrade parts being made for the draguns specifically though.

overall i think that you get more than your moneys worth for the marker, and that you will be happy with it. their customer service is not top notch, but you have to cut corners someplace when u put something out for that little.

land hurricane
07-11-2002, 02:59 PM
and how fast with semi auto mode?

07-11-2002, 03:02 PM
if you get the grip frame with the led in it, they have a software cap of about 10 balls / second.

if you get the lcd semi or full function, you can adjust it from 4-20 balls/sec.

mykroft
07-11-2002, 03:28 PM
Spyder Barrels, some spyder internals.

ben_JD
07-11-2002, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by 314159
i think that they take autococker barrels.No, Spyder barrels. They take Spyder guts, bolts, add-ons. They are pretty impressive, but the solenoid is weak and it will often not fire on even a slightly "de-juiced" battery.

Good gun out of the box, but its poor durability may catch up with you.

liigod
07-11-2002, 03:36 PM
if u get the metal one, and replace the plastic trigger with a metal one. It is one of the best guns on the market. Id take an all metal black dragun over a an emag anyday. Actually id take the emag, sell it, get a black dragun, and then an nice car stereo system. The trigger on the black dragun is AWESOME! i like it as much as my timmy trigger. I like it better than angel triggers.

j.t.
07-11-2002, 04:27 PM
correct me if im wrong but isnt a black dragun a spyder clone with an electro frame?! one of the best guns on the market???

AcemanPB
07-11-2002, 04:55 PM
hey land is this for you are your little brother? if it's for your brother just tell him to get a talon.. :D

epterry
07-11-2002, 05:12 PM
I love my dads it takes spyder guts. And he has a proto type.:D

Brian68mag
07-11-2002, 06:38 PM
Liigod is a strange person, he hates mags yet lives in the forums.

Ov3rmind
07-11-2002, 08:51 PM
The fact that it's an electro sear tripping blowback, made to poor standards and tolerances, constructed by little kids in foreign countries, and performs exactly the same as an electro Spyder seems to have no relevance to Dragun owners. Any electro blowback will perform the same. Personally though, I'd get a Spyder, since atleast they come with metal triggers stock. "One of the best guns on the market" is a joke. I've shot it, nothing really special, good for starters I guess. But in no way does in compare to higher level markers (Emag has better kick, lower profile, and is built by a more reliable company. If you count the Extremes, they will also have the advantage of no chops and being significantly lighter. As far as I can tell, the Dragun surpasses the Emag in zero categories excluding price).

kemikos
07-11-2002, 09:17 PM
You have to understand that you're getting an electro marker for under $200... The Compact model can be found for about $90. That was Stingray territory a year ago.

For the price, it seems to be a decent marker. Let's face it, you're not getting AGD or Tippmann-level quality here.

On the other hand, it seems at least as good as other markers in its price range. And even the E-Spyders are significantly more expensive than the Dragun models. The trigger is MUCH nicer than the Spyder models, as well, although I don't like the fact that the switch is exposed...

I don't have one, so I can't say how well it works, but a friend who has one likes it a lot. I'm getting one, because I need a cheap electro to chop up for a project, so maybe I'll have more to report then...

magmonkey
07-11-2002, 09:31 PM
spyder barrell spyder internals and for the money it is actualy not a bad marker
ps if you do get one and you want to get rid of the plastic trigger i build a verry nice al. blade replacement

AcemanPB
07-11-2002, 09:33 PM
yeah me and land got some spyder aftermarket parts laying around that we can't get rid of so we are goin to put them on this black dragon then sell it

Smokee_2_7
07-12-2002, 01:00 AM
ok. Im going to refrain from getting up on my black dragun box. If anyone wants ALLL of my experience and info regarding these markers, feel free to IM me at Smokee27 on aol, or email me at Smokee_2_7@Hotmail.com

That being said, i will sum everything up like this:

The black dragun is a spyder. Completely. Same guts, same barrels.

The black dragun is cheaper. There's a reason for this. Same reason that a Rebel (another spyder clone) is cheaper.
- - here's a hint. If you use cheaper materials in manufacturing, put less into quality control, then you can sell the gun for cheaper.
- - - -this generally is notices when parts begin to wear out much sooner than would normally be expected.

I have seen a number of models where the vert asa was milled so poorly that you had about a 60 / 40 chance of attaching a tank without it leaking (on the "compact" ) models.

The "secret" to the B.D. is of course the electronic fram.
what's the secret? its very similar to an ESP frame - - of course there are more models of the b.d. frame. but once again (suprise suprise) its more cheaply made.

For example. The spyder E99 is basiclly like the black dragun. (if there is a b.d. frame that is full function w/ out lcd.)

The e99 generally will run you about 20 bux more. give or take. Thats 20 bux well spent for a gun that is functionally IDENTICAL- -- except for better parts.

Ok, im going to stop now before i get into the realllllly juicy info on the whole Black Dragun.

Lets just say that ive had lots of experience with them, know several people that work for M3 and are sponsored by M3. If you want more info, im me or email me. Im not going to go into all of it here on the open forum.

Hope this helps.

I would suggest that you strongly consider spending a little extra money for a much more reliable product.

Carl

liigod
07-12-2002, 02:18 AM
lol, i live on a lot of forums. I dont hate mags at all, i own one. Draguns have great performence. I dont see why people have trouble with beliving that a blowback gun isnt a bad gun. For the money, it performs perfectly. They shoot great, have a good trigger, are light, cheap, reliable and dont cost much. What more could you want from a gun? Does a gun that costs 10x as much shoot ten times faster, break ten times less paint (sometimes yes) shoot ten times better? No, not really. Right now people are doing experements on the black draguns using larger batteries to get their guns to cycle 20 times per second. IM guna laugh when they do it and all the aoers who were bashing them have to eat their words. ::hopes videos comes soon::

::considers buying a project dragun to set the record str8::

ok... im guna sell my vert feed booyah mag with some custom trigger frame work... and make a project dragun.. just you all wait :-).

liigod
07-12-2002, 02:26 AM
oh yea, you CAN adjust it to 20 bps, but they wont do that off a 9volt. THey need a bigger powersource to do that.

07-12-2002, 08:07 AM
like 2 9 volts in paralell, will fit in the grip frame with a small cut down board (make your own firing modes >=])too, double the amperage double the fun =].

mykroft
07-12-2002, 08:49 AM
The Trigger on the Black Dragun is much better than most of the Electro spyders. However the Electro Pirahna's are the way to go, Tippmann level quality, standard threads everywhere, and the best Electro frame on the market (Boo-Yah with bugfixes & support).

Having recently tried a Spyder Flash, I'm shocked that they could go electro and still produced a trigger that makes a Zap ZX600E look good.

07-12-2002, 08:57 AM
if you drill the front hole in the grip frame 3/16 of an inch forward, you can attach the m3 frame to a pirahna. :)

mac2k4
07-12-2002, 03:25 PM
m3's customer service is great.

land hurricane
07-12-2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by 314159
if you drill the front hole in the grip frame 3/16 of an inch forward, you can attach the m3 frame to a pirahna. :)

have you seen this done?

Smokee_2_7
07-13-2002, 12:47 AM
Lol. please allow me to add something to my original statement. Black draguns are definitly a good bit of performance for the money. Heck, for the price you really cant beat it. I was just suggesting, that from my personal experience with the STOCK models, i am of the opinion that a sypder is more reliable and better made.

Additionally, I have seen tricked out black draguns do some amazing stuff. yes, ive seen one do 20 bps with a warp, and not skip a beat.

Then again, this gun does belong to a M3 employee, and has had some 'minor' tweaks done to it.

I guess that my underlying point of the previous post is that, while its a good buy for the money, i believe that there could be a few things done to the basic production models that could improve performance (i.e. improve the material the sears are made out of- - -i talked to another player tonight who is on his 3rd sear in less than 2 months) - - with a very slight increase in the total cost to the customer.

Additionally, I will agree that M3 has good customer service. We get our B.D.'s for the shop directly from them, and they are great to work with anytime we get a gun that , for example, the bolt just dosent cock.

Hope that clears my earlier post up a bit. ..

Carl

liigod
07-13-2002, 01:32 AM
it does clear your post up quite a bit, but ive actually see the be very reliable, thats just <color=bulue>MY</color>expereience.

bently
07-13-2002, 12:07 PM
hey guys smokee has worked on my m3sniper a couple of times and let me say the man knows his stuff. i think hes worked on them enough now that he could probably do it blindfolded. i love my gun but then i have a lot of money in it. i have a agd flatline,warp feed, 12vlt. revy ect. so like he said you get what you pay for. i dont think you can get more gun for your money.ive had my gun for about 3months and have yet to chop a single ball.now ive seen guys with emags leave the field early because they couldnt make it though a game with out chopping several balls.now before you all go off let me say i know there are alot of factors that can cause problems. however i find it interesting that all the emag owners were so desperate to get the ace that they were willing to buy it when it was still a prototype.just one of those things that makes you go huuumeee.if i paid a grand for a gun and had that many problems id be ready to kill.

blackmag3
07-13-2002, 01:07 PM
im not trying to bash the dragun cause for the money its not a bad deal. i've only seen 2 in action and in the same day at the local indoor field. well sadly enough both draguns went down with odd problems that no one could fix. they said they might be able to fix one of em but that the other had such a problem that it would need to be sent back to whoever makes the dragun. as for cheap electros go i'd get a BKO.

Load SM5
07-13-2002, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by bently
however i find it interesting that all the emag owners were so desperate to get the ace that they were willing to buy it when it was still a prototype.just one of those things that makes you go huuumeee.if i paid a grand for a gun and had that many problems id be ready to kill.

By ACE I assume you mean level 10. ACE is'nt even an option for regular E-mag owners. To correct something, I don't believe everyone was deperate to go get a level 10. Tom needed Beta testers and we stepped up to help him out. He offered it at a reduced price and would'nt you hop on something that virtually guaranteed you'd never have to pull out a squeegie again? I've never had issues with my old E-mag or my SFL as far as chopping goes. You can ask Carl about that, too. He was there for both of them. I chop when I outshoot my hopper and do most mag owners. Do I blame the gun? No...it's the problem with the feed system. I run a warp now and rarely, if ever, chop.

On a side I'd be ready to kill too, if I paid a grand for a gun with a bunch of problems. Good thing I did'nt.

Glad the dragon's working for you.