PDA

View Full Version : Niave warp feed question

raver
07-11-2002, 02:44 PM
OK - so it struck me the other day, that having a 200 round hoppper is really quite a pain, particularly as the rate of fire increases.

So, I had this crazy idea, which, at the least would require a warp feed. The idea would be to have a single massive hopper in a backpack, carrying 800 rounds - with a warp connected and a remote hose into the mag.....

That way you get the hopper completely off the gun (reducing the target), and avoid having to reload.

Is this even possible with a warp? Does it have the juice to send balls down a 4' hose? I can see some drawbacks (hose kinking, ball breaking in the hose), but overall it might be a cool idea, if it's possible.

Miscue
07-11-2002, 04:17 PM
RobAGD is working on a backpack loader that uses 2 warps... last I've heard. TK supposed to have something similar cooked up for himself.

ciaran.mooney
07-12-2002, 06:20 AM
Think someone already beaten you to it. Check on www.warpig.com, they had an article on some kind of "paintball convention" a few months back with some guy with a honking great big back pack full of paintballs feeding into a marker.

raver
07-12-2002, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the reply. If someone else is doing it, even better - it means I don't have to try my limited machining skills ;->

I guess I'll wait a while and see what comes out.

EnderWigginPballin
07-12-2002, 08:27 PM
that ould be like a remote, only worse cause it wouldn't be a very flexible hose

paintballrulzs
07-12-2002, 09:45 PM
I thought i saw on warpig that the initial warp feed was a backback