PDA

View Full Version : Another wonderful level 10 question

Kaiser Bob
07-11-2002, 10:32 PM
Well ive found that many carriers, shims etc work without leaking so i wanted to know the most gentle combo i can have. Right now im running 0 carrier, longest spring and 0 shims. Ive had up to 3 shims but i dont notice much of a difference.

Army
07-11-2002, 10:38 PM
The more shims, the earlier it vents. The earlier it vents, the less pressure against the ball.

FrAuStY
07-11-2002, 10:42 PM
I'm running to 1 carrier..may go to the .5 to see if it will fire...I believe with more shims...you adjust how far out from rest the bolt will accelerate up to top speed. More shims...takes longer to accel.. Fewer shims.. less distance...I like running carrier .5 with 4 shims...

AGD
07-12-2002, 08:27 AM
You guys keep getting the wrong idea about the shims. They do not adjust anything with the impact against the ball. They only control where it vents in the stroke so you don't pinch a ball and just hang there.

AGD

rikkter
07-12-2002, 01:11 PM
well Tom, it just seems logical about the shims and the impact--pressure on ball. if it vents earlier, it wont have that much gas as it would if it vented LATER to push the ball out.. am i wrong?

i see what you mean about the IMPACT on the ball with the bolt though.