PDA

View Full Version : new mag is making me mad.

Python14
07-12-2002, 01:43 PM
Okay, my new mag from langrage came today(BTW, thanks for the quick resposnse). Anyway, my first question is, whats the difference between a standard p/f mag and a center fire mag? I have one now and can't find a difference. Second, the little screw holding the body on is stuck and I can't get it out. Any help? Thanks.

rjvemt1
07-12-2002, 05:56 PM
first of all, when you say center fire do you mean 'center feed'?if you mean center feed than the differance is this;the center feed feeds into the reciever from the 12 o'clock position,where as the p/f feeds fromm about 45 degree position with the feed tube laying diagonal to a conventional feed tube.as for the screw, wd40 wd40 wd40 nough said, then tap the head of the screw.

Python14
07-12-2002, 06:04 PM
no, it's a normal powerfeed mag. But the whole valve, reg, powertube unit says minimag an Center fire mag(#0033)Thanks

TXStorm
07-12-2002, 07:35 PM
i didnt really understand what you're saying but do you mean your serial number is #cf03333? the CF stands for carbon fiber i think which is what the stock frame is made out of... someone correct me if im wrong because i always am and make myself look like a fool.:D BTW: are you that same Python guy from PBN that used to have the avatar which the snake eating a guy and poo'ing him out?

Python14
07-12-2002, 09:21 PM
Basically, my mag has a minimag valve, but it also has "Center fire Mag" and this little C/F symbol on it. Below it, is "0033". My CN is mm17382

Also, I still can't get that screw out so I'm gonna hafta use my screw extractor. Does anyone have an extra frame/body screw(the one next to the trigger)? thanks

BTW, Yes, that is/was me on PBN, why?

xmetal2001
07-12-2002, 10:18 PM
Centerfire mags are mags made by AGD distributed by diggers. Identical to a normal mag valve. Heres a thread with some more information: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25111&highlight=center+fire

snakestang
07-12-2002, 10:21 PM
:) Xmetal beat me to it. I have a link to their page though.

Diggers (http://www.diggthis.com/guns/cfmain.htm)