PDA

View Full Version : Mag stops cycling at 1000psi

CleenSweep
07-12-2002, 04:38 PM
Ok guys I did a search and found nothing.

I have the setup in my sig and installed the level ten I have done extensive tinkering with it and got it to shoot pretty well. However my consistency is all over the place.

That however is not my major problem. I have shot about 500 paintballs and multiple dry fires through my mag to break in my carrier O ring.

My major problem now is my mag will not fire even though there is 1000psi left in the tank. How could this happen? The tank works fine, I've tested it. It is preset 850psi screw in.

I've tested a couple of different spacers, springs, and shim setups to no avail. When I switched to the shortest spring I got like 15 more shots out of it.

I am truly perplexed.

My setup:
1.5 carrier
2 shims
middle spring

Let me know what you think I should try to get better gas efficiancy out of my marker. Thanks:confused:

rx2
07-12-2002, 04:55 PM
I got down to about 800psi with a 850 preset, and the marker still fired quite well. It still would fire a below that point, but at a lower velocity and recharge rate.

Check to make everything is installed exactly as noted. Anyone can have an oversight, and perhaps you have as well, although it seems unlikely considering you have changed things several times. Could it possibly be that you haven't seated the carrier corectly, or something such as that? Are you sure that you are using the loosest possible carrier size?

You say that you are having consistency problems, and that you think that you have ruled out the tank reg. I can't really think of anything in the setup itself that would disallow you to fire below 1000psi if you have an 850 preset. It seems illogical that your output pressure should be affected if you are operating with an internal pressure higher than the output. It does seem as though it may have something to do with the tank reg.
What have you done to test it?

Assuming the reg is fine, I would think that the next possible area of problem, considering your consistency problems is the gun reg. If possible, check your AIR valve without the level 10. If it works normally, then the probability that it is the valve drops.

If it isn't any of the regs, and everything is installed correctly, then I can't imagine what it might be.

FrAuStY
07-12-2002, 07:02 PM
Did you oil everything up? I run the .5 carrier and 4 shims.. with longest spring and mine stop shooting at 500 psi.. I normally don't shoot it lower than 800 though (re-charge) I know after two tank fills about 1600 rds..I had to re-lube everything or else it would misfire... no big deal..

CleenSweep
07-12-2002, 11:05 PM
Rx2, I've tested the tank on another marker and it works just fine. I also tested it on my old bolt and spacer and had no major consistency problems.

Frausty, Yeah I've tried quite a bit of different setups I'll try yours and see how it goes, it might just fix the problem.

CleenSweep
07-13-2002, 12:17 AM
I've tested the tank with the .5 spacer, the 1.0 spacer, the 1.5 spacer, the 2.0 spacer, and the 2.5 spacer and several different shim and spring combinations to no avail. I would really like to know what is going on with my marker and be able to fix it.:mad:

Mossman
07-13-2002, 12:22 AM
I think ur guage is off :)

CleenSweep
07-13-2002, 12:25 AM
Nope, tested that too when it's empty it reads zero. And I mean right at zero.

CleenSweep
07-13-2002, 12:27 PM
Problem solved:

I took it the Pro shop and we did extensive testing on the tank.
The output pressure in the tank drops below 650 when it gets to 1100psi. I'm going to have to send the tank in and have it rebuilt.

It's not the Level 10!!!!!!!!:D

echoes
07-13-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by CleenSweep
Nope, tested that too when it's empty it reads zero. And I mean right at zero.

Heh, shouldn't it read 14.7 psi when your tank is "empty"? :p