PDA

View Full Version : low pressure

michael
07-13-2002, 12:36 AM
Hey guys, i havnt been on the auto mag fourms in like a year. I was in a car wreck and couldnt play paint ball for a while. Put im getting back in to the sport.

My goes through air really fast. Its a old gun and really high pressure, how do you make a auto mag (classic 68 s/f) low pressure?

Im sure this has been asked many of times. Ive searched the fourms but not good enough, so any help would be appreciated.

athomas
07-13-2002, 04:49 PM
You don't make a mag a low input pressure gun. It works on having 350 - 400 psi in the front chamber because of the size of the chamber. That means you need at least 600psi at the input to properly feed the mag so it won't suffer air starvation during rapid firing.

Mags aren't really that inefficient if you use a properly matched barrel length for the style of barrel you're using on the mag. Don't go by what other gun users use on their guns. If it operates at a different pressure it will have different characteristics.

mykroft
07-14-2002, 06:05 PM
Well, there is the smartmag, which drops the pressure about 10%, worsens the efficiency about 10% and is no easier on paint.

LP is not an end in and of itself. If you want your mag to be easier on paint, the low-force Level 10 upgrade makes it the easiest marker on paint in existence. If you are looking fro more efficiency, well, make sure your paint to barrel match is good, as that's about the only way to modify the mag's efficiency. LP only worsens a Dump-chamber type guns efficiency (Smilar guns running at lower pressure, like the Matrix and Shocker, are very inefficient).