PDA

View Full Version : power tube tip on the lvl 10

triggerman
07-13-2002, 02:41 AM
I don't mean to complain, but I don't like the new power tube tips. I like the oly style where i could use a coin to tighten and losen it. It was nice to not have to look for tool cause everone has a coin on them (well most people). I am wondering why exactly they changed it to a style that requires a wrench. Also can I use the old tip with the kit or will I hurt somthin? Again I don't mean to complain and I love the kit and don't know how i ever lived with out it, but i was courious.

sniper1rfa
07-13-2002, 08:56 AM
just put it in with your fingers, it doesnt have to be tourqed to 50 ft/lbs or anything, it just needs to be in tight enough to stay.

AGD
07-13-2002, 09:30 AM
In order to release the air later we needed to extend the seal part of the tip right to the end. That required using a wrench. You do need to tighten it with a tool otherwise it has a good chance of unscrewing and getting ruined.

AGD

triggerman
07-13-2002, 11:54 AM
Thanks Tom I guess the kit is worth using a wrench. Plus the kit has made me $10 bucks. People honestly don't belive what it does till they see it for them selfs.