PDA

View Full Version : Whats the weirdest music you listen too?

MajorDamage
07-13-2002, 03:16 AM
Well I listen to mainly punk, skacore, hardcore, and metal. But I listen to stuff I just wouldn't think I would like, and I donno why I do, but I like it lol. Like I sometimes listen to swing. And there is this really cool band called Calibretto 13 that they call themselves accoustic punk(altho I wouldnt call it that...) and they also call their stuff "100% dork rock" which is awesome, cuz I'm a dork and...yeah :). And there is this band Brave Saint Saturn that has their own style of music they call Astro Rock, and I mostly like them for their lyrics, which are awesome lyrics, and for this awesomly funny song called "Shadow of Def"(if you ever get the chance, download it. Its the most ghettofabulous thing in the world lol), but musically its mostly very soft, accoustic stuff that I wouldnt ever think I would like, but I do(altho I MOSTLY like the lyrics in this case, I do enjoy the music somewhat also). And as a musician I can listen to music I hate, but find something I like, or can at least appreciate in most music(except rap, I mean if you like it, more power to you, but I dont dig it and in most of it there isnt anything I can musically appreciate). Like I can listen to some old blues song or something and hear a cool bass line and be like "Thats cool :)". But whats some weird stuff you guys like?

ENDO!

Potatoboy
07-13-2002, 03:59 AM
Anyone who's heard/seen my and my roommate's MP3 collection knows there's a lot of weird stuff in there.

I'd have to say one of the weirdest groups is called "The Minibosses."
They cover video game music.
They're strange.

I want to see them live if they ever come to the area.

liigod
07-13-2002, 04:10 AM
KMFDM is odd... so is enya, but with their powers combined....

Guns N Roses is great

tsc
07-13-2002, 04:10 AM
I get my weird music from tato.
I listen to ska, which to many people is pretty weird :)

my favorite "weird" song is Taco- Puttin' on the ritz.

Anything by Wumpscut (German techno) is a little offbeat, but it's good.

nobukazu takemura - let my fish loose (aphex twin remix)

Listen..be enlightened.

Python14
07-13-2002, 08:34 AM
hmmmm....well usually I'm a metalcore and tribal metal person(wierd enough to begin with) but I also have alot of trance and Jungle and even some Gabber. My wierdest tho are my Star Wars soundtracks and my obsession with Dark Ambient music(like form/alkaline).

Jonno06
07-13-2002, 10:57 AM
calibretto 13 is the shiznit....

FutureMagOwner
07-13-2002, 12:49 PM
people think im weird becuase i listen to smashing pumpkins green day metallica and guns n roses.

i like tool and SOAD alot i like only one kid rock song(american bad*butt*)

my favorite "weird" song would have to be plastic jesus which happens to be by SOAD apparently

LittleKrems
07-13-2002, 12:58 PM
ska, punk,goldfinger:D the weirdest music is the goth tool, APC, and NIN my brother makes me lisen to, but i still like it

MajorDamage
07-13-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Sarah
I get my weird music from tato.
I listen to ska, which to many people is pretty weird :)

my favorite "weird" song is Taco- Puttin' on the ritz.

Anything by Wumpscut (German techno) is a little offbeat, but it's good.

nobukazu takemura - let my fish loose (aphex twin remix)

Listen..be enlightened.
Lol, Taco-Puttin' On the Ritz is funny! I listen to some ska, but Skacore is better, its ska mixed with other things, like the OLD FIF had A TON of punk in it, which was really cool, and their new stuff is like ska and alternative and hardrock, and its really good too. Listen to Five Iron Frenzy...GOOD stuff! :D!

And yes Jonno06, Calibretto 13 rules! Hey! HO! Give me a high five!

ENDO!

dave_p
07-13-2002, 02:22 PM
frank zappa
manhattan transfer

irbodden
07-13-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by dave_p
frank zappa

aah [something] and beer.. (I take no chances with naughty words) :)

Charlie Daniel's Band and Bob Marley have to be the most unusual music in my taste spectrum.. Although Primus is pretty far off from my normal selection as well. But I am a bass player so I HAVE to like Primus..

Python14
07-13-2002, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by irbodden
Charley Daniels Band

Haha, I thought I was a dying breed. I saw him a few weeks back. It was good, real good.

Primus..

Yea, them too

marley618
07-13-2002, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by irbodden
Bob Marley

Yeah he is the best, but I don't consider his music weird.

cris8762
07-13-2002, 09:36 PM
tuvan music! you have to search for it if you dont know what i'm talking about...it's the best, you'll either laugh ur but off or think it's awesome or both (like me), i also like bob marley, but he's not weird

marley618
07-13-2002, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by cris8762
i also like bob marley, but he's not weird

Thank you, anyone else a Bob Marley fan?

Python14
07-13-2002, 09:55 PM
I have a few wailers CDs. Does that count?

bornl33t
07-14-2002, 04:04 AM
hey if you wanna hear something strange get some stuff by Crash test dumies.. more specifically the song " in the days of the caveman"

FutureMagOwner
07-14-2002, 07:39 AM
lol i remeber when i was young i listened to them, i saw the music video for one of the songs the guys wife cuts of his... ahem! and hes looking all over the house for it and then is looking in the fridge and finds a package of hotdogs and he starts to spaz out. i was lol watchikng the guy running around

Schnitzel
07-14-2002, 10:46 AM
Pink Floyd's "Several species of smalll furry animals gathered together in a cave and grooving with a pict".

that is a weird song, if you can call it that

paintbattler
07-14-2002, 11:15 AM
I listen to mostly something between R&B and rap. I think so. I don't really like rap because it don't make sense.

07-14-2002, 12:39 PM
On the way to AO day my friend forced Rammstein on me by showing it to my dad whos german. I actually enjoyed it. To bad I had no idea what they were saying.

irbodden
07-14-2002, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by marley618

Yeah he is the best, but I don't consider his music weird.

It's weird for my personal taste. I am a classic rocker..

irbodden
07-14-2002, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by 845
On the way to AO day my friend forced Rammstein on me by showing it to my dad whos german. I actually enjoyed it. To bad I had no idea what they were saying.

You dont want to know what he is saying, trust me..

Mango
07-14-2002, 05:53 PM
The weirdest music I've ever heard was recordings of some tribe somewhere in central Africa. It was music no doubt, but it was...weird. Like the women would scream and the men would chant something, and it messed up the beat. But after a while I was liking it. But otherwise, my music tastes vary so much. From metal to drum & bass, classical, pop stuff, etc. Whatever im in the mood for.

Sooky
07-14-2002, 05:54 PM
Well, I like to listen to Bruce Dickinson. Some people think its weird, since few people know of him (former Iron Maiden singer), but for the weirdest song, I would have to say a song/instrumental by Mike Oldfield called "Tubular Bells." It's 25 minutes long, no singing. Maybe it's not weird, but my buddies think so (but they like punk/rap:rolleyes: )

einhander619
07-14-2002, 09:09 PM
I like emo, which is kinda weird, but harmless. SOAD was wierd like 4 years ago when I was the only person I knew who liked them, and Juno Reactor is wierd, but frikken awesome. Try them! Most of it is techno the likes of which you have never heard.

mykroft
07-14-2002, 09:48 PM
Well, there's Apocalyptica, which is 4 Finn's with Chello's covering Metallica. Then there's Voltaire, New York Goth, who play's a guitar like it's a Chello, and writes very morbidly funny music. And I'm something of a Math Metal fan (Metal using Jazz time signatures, MuDvAyNe are the primo Math Metal Band). Great Big Sea is nifty, and Loreena McKennitt is about the best harp player around, with an amazing voice (Nifty songwriting credits for her, William Shakespeare and Alfred Lord Tennyson amonst others)

But the kicker is probably Warren Zevon. 'Lawyer's Gun's and Money' is such a killer song, and 'Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner' is great too.

Oh, and I listen to Industrial and Goth music too. You can't deny that the Sisters of Mercy & Velvet Acid Christ are wierd.

rightsidefight
07-15-2002, 02:01 AM
punk,hardcoe,emocore,emo,screemo,pop-punk,and 80's music......o yeah an punk coverson 80's songs....best song ever......message in a bottle.......best cover send me an angel by thrice.......bands.....thrice,glasseater,good clean fun,30 foot fall,10 foot pole,taking back sunday,rufio,converge,shai hulud,sky came falling,stopwatch,reach the sky,movie life,hot water music,small brown bike,grade,bane,ignite,shady view terrace,remembering never,atreyu,from autumn to ashes,faiweather,little league,topspin,and some other stuff

dropkick1
07-15-2002, 07:45 AM
mostly just punk and a little ska, and metal but the weirdest and one of the best bands i listen too is GWAR. i don't really know what to classify it as but i love them and seen them in concert a couple times.

ken

wyn1370
07-15-2002, 08:12 AM
GWAR is some funny stuff. I used to have a few of their videos. Nothing better than a bunch of guys in crazy costumes going mideval with fake weapons and fake blood. Haven't listened to them in years though.

Now my weirdest CDs are the space ghost CDs, bagpipes and some native american ones.

dre1919
07-15-2002, 03:10 PM
Without a doubt...Insane Clown Posse. Sure, there are times when you listen to it and ask yourself if it's even music at all...or any good. But, two things are certain: it's stranger than hell, and it's pretty funny. I don't know where these two guys from the suburbs came up with that crap, but it makes a case for "only in America."

Two white guys painted up as deranged clowns, rapping, and using dark lyrics with visions of murder, gang life, and horror films. And they get paid for it. Who knew? :rolleyes: ;)

Kristen2003
07-15-2002, 03:38 PM
Youre hot major D!!!

MajorDamage
07-15-2002, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Kristen2003
Youre hot major D!!!
I know you are, but what am I? :D Muhahahaha

ENDO!

Shadow221
07-15-2002, 05:28 PM
the best weird song is "She Broke My Dick" by All. Yes. There's actually a band called All. It's a fun song too.:D

land hurricane
07-15-2002, 08:27 PM
Yeah i listen to a good bit of techno. It might be considered mainstream where yall are but here in ga "its the devil"

than205
07-15-2002, 10:37 PM
TENACIOUS D

obsolete898
07-15-2002, 10:44 PM
GWAR.

dropkick1
07-15-2002, 11:11 PM
yeah, GWAR ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ken

krafty
07-16-2002, 08:28 AM
Coil.

FatMan
07-16-2002, 08:51 AM
Hmmm, I'm a fan of weird music.

Let's see ... Jethro Tull's "Thick as a Brick" - the whole thing, not just the start of it,

Bloodhound Gang has some strange stuff (not the stuff that got played on the radio)

Pink Floyd's album Ummagumma (which has Several Species of Small Fury Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict).

Frank Zappa - definiely weird.

By FAR the weirdest stuff though is Captain Beefheart and his Magic Band - the most famous album being "Trout Mask Replica." This is early experimental fusion/jazz. Extremely weird!

Fatman

ShooterJM
07-17-2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by MajorDamage

Listen to Five Iron Frenzy...GOOD stuff! :D!

And yes Jonno06, Calibretto 13 rules! Hey! HO! Give me a high five!

ENDO!

Woohooo old school FIF! Used to listen to them a lot. They used to play around my hometown a lot, in fact one of my friends dated the drummer for awhile. Pretty cool guys, used to be anyway.

Darkling
07-17-2002, 06:25 PM
i listen to mostly goth/industrial, goth metal, symphonic black metal, and metal. weird bands like lacuna coil, nightwish, on thorns i lay, the gathering, switchblade symphony, london after midnight, my bloody valentine, and alien sex fiend....ahh the list could go on forever, but oh well. everyone at my school is scared of me and my music, but i guess thats just cuz i live in miami and theyre all "gangstaz." but whatever.....

InfinatyBPS
07-17-2002, 08:25 PM
sKA is pretty darn weird!!!:eek:

MajorDamage
07-17-2002, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by ShooterJM

Woohooo old school FIF! Used to listen to them a lot. They used to play around my hometown a lot, in fact one of my friends dated the drummer for awhile. Pretty cool guys, used to be anyway.
No way! I named my dog after their drummer lol, Chaka(drummer's nickname, real name is Andy)! Thats awesome!

ENDO!

EsPo
07-17-2002, 10:23 PM
i have over 3000 mp3s leftover from be4 napster got nabbed. i have music that i have no clue who downloaded it, it sounds like my grandfathers music, but i liked it and downloaded more with kazaa. now i listen to anything from classical to ska, punk, emo, rock,& espescially hardcore. i listen to everythin but the devils music, COUNTRY

Jonno06
07-18-2002, 03:04 AM
Mindless Self Indulgemce is wierd so say the least...

yup,calibretto 13 kinda sounds like MSI actually..but not...

ShooterJM
07-18-2002, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by MajorDamage

No way! I named my dog after their drummer lol, Chaka(drummer's nickname, real name is Andy)! Thats awesome!

ENDO!

Sweet! yeah any locations they sing about on their first album are around denver (ie colfax and broadway). I like MxPx's older stuff too.

joeyjoe367
07-18-2002, 04:34 PM
You guys haven't quite hit "weird" yet.

Check out this Finish band called "Nightwish" they've got some kick-*** riffs, etc... Kinda rammstein-style, but here's the twist:

They're singer is this chick who sings opera-like. It's a really odd combination, but I personally like it.

You'll never hear ANYTHING like this. Check it out on Kazaa or something. "She is my Sin" is one of my favorite Songs of theirs.

Darkling
07-18-2002, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by joeyjoe367
You guys haven't quite hit "weird" yet.

hmm...i think i did. i listen to nightwish, plus alot more freaky bands. look at my post to see em.

MajorDamage
07-19-2002, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by ShooterJM

Sweet! yeah any locations they sing about on their first album are around denver (ie colfax and broadway). I like MxPx's older stuff too.
Yup, I read up on FIF alot :).
Wanna hear REALLY weird stuff? Then check out my now abandonded "funny breakfast techno" band called "The Midget Wore Trousers". Me and Ni_cD made most of the songs, we had some other people do stuff too. I'm Clownie in the band :). http://mp3.com/tmwt we actually had the #2 song on the comedy charts way back when :), it was my first song "The Midget Song" Tom Green's "Bum Bum Song" was #1 at the time :D

ENDO!

Jonno06
07-22-2002, 01:01 PM
had to bring this thread back up cuz im listening to Calibretto 13 right now..

FALL AWAY....this song owns

Telefragged
07-22-2002, 10:50 PM
Donnie Darko soundtrack = Creepy :D

Johnny Bravo
07-22-2002, 10:57 PM
Weird Al (Doesn't get much wierder than that)
Bloodhound Gang
Tenacious D
DVDA (Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the guys from South Park)

MajorDamage
07-23-2002, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Jonno06
had to bring this thread back up cuz im listening to Calibretto 13 right now..

FALL AWAY....this song owns
Yup! They have awesome lyrics. I like Sheep of the USA alot too.

ENDO!

Jonneh
07-23-2002, 11:12 AM
Foetus - Heuldoch 7B

I have been entranced by this song for the past week or so, and i have no idea why (if this is OMG POP U NOOB material, bite me, I've never heard of them)

That and the new Lo Fidelity Allstars album.

Jonno06
07-23-2002, 01:23 PM
w00t w00t

RELIENT K OWNS!!!