PDA

View Full Version : JT Excel 6.0, anyone have any thoughts?

FeuerFri
07-13-2002, 10:29 AM
i am looking in the market for a new gun, and found the jt excel 6.0 for 300, which is a good price it seems for all its goodies it has. i was wondering if anyone has used one before or seen one in action that could tell how they preform, cause i may buy one but if they suck i would like know before hand.

one other question, which would u get between a stock cocker or thw 6.0

DaFlip
07-13-2002, 10:59 AM
The JT 6.0 is a Spyder clone with a electro grip. The sear and other parts will wear fast. If you want a cheap electro get a BKO. Then I would say cocker if you don't want a electro.

DaFlip

Kevmag
07-13-2002, 12:08 PM
If you like mags and have HPA, you can probably find a nice AM in the classified section.

No experience with the JT, though.

blackmag3
07-13-2002, 12:50 PM
it was already said but i'd go for a BKO way before the jt 6.0 which is not a true electro. a stock cocker wouldnt be bad if you have someone to give you help with it or know what you are doing with it.

FeuerFri
07-13-2002, 12:50 PM
for 300 i could get a whole mag set-up with dye ss and bottem line, but i do not care for mags to much cause the trigger pull is to heavy for my tastes. how much are bkos? i only have like 350 to spend and im trying to get somthing i can get stock kinda cheep and can upgrade later when i have cash

personman
07-13-2002, 12:54 PM
the grips are fugly. dont get it
lol

blackmag3
07-13-2002, 01:30 PM
paintballgear.com has the BKO for 280. if you can try out every marker that you can and get whatever suits you best for the right price.

FeuerFri
07-13-2002, 02:34 PM
after going there and seeing the bko, and picking my jaw up off the floor, i have found my next gun i think? is that a semi-only?

BajaBoy
07-13-2002, 02:58 PM
i love mags but for 350$, you can get a brand new Impy witch is a great gun in my mind.. (awesome to shoot too)

mykroft
07-13-2002, 05:47 PM
The BKO is semi-only and capped at 10bps. That said, they work with custom Bushy Boards, and the early ones at least have stock BM2K2 boards, so Chaos chips will work in them. The internals are capable of 18+bps. It's the best deal in electro's on the market.

JT 6.0 is very nice, for an overpriced Spyder.

Kevmaster
07-13-2002, 09:40 PM
oh, as if bushys, timmys, impys, ANGELS(yes, i said an angel), tribals, um...any im leaving out here arnt ALL spyders? EXACT SAME DESIGN!!!

FeuerFri
07-13-2002, 09:50 PM
actually they are not all the same design kev. spyder clones refer to the stacked tube design, and are totaly simplic in design, and all opperate in the exact same manner...

subbeh
07-14-2002, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by kevmaster
oh, as if bushys, timmys, impys, ANGELS(yes, i said an angel), tribals, um...any im leaving out here arnt ALL spyders? EXACT SAME DESIGN!!!

This could quite possible the most retarded statement I've ever heard on AO. Not even close. I mean... NOT EVEN CLOSE! LOL! You are very misinformed! A spyder and it's clones are stacked tube blowbacks. I don't believe even ONE MARKER that you listed above is a blowback. Maybe you better stick to your talon, sir.

TheBigRaguPB4L
07-14-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by blackmag3
it was already said but i'd go for a BKO way before the jt 6.0 which is not a true electro. a stock cocker wouldnt be bad if you have someone to give you help with it or know what you are doing with it.

I'm going to guess that you're saying it's just a spyder with an electro grip, so it's not truly electro. Well, really, what do you think the E-mag is?

blackmag3
07-14-2002, 01:14 PM
no the reason i say dont go with an electro spyder is kingman doesnt exactly stand for a quality product. i also dont like the general design of the stacked tube blow back that spyders of course are. maybe next time before you post my opinion for me you could atleast ask me what my opinion is.

MajorDamage
07-14-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by subbeh

This could quite possible the most retarded statement I've ever heard on AO. Not even close. I mean... NOT EVEN CLOSE! LOL! You are very misinformed! A spyder and it's clones are stacked tube blowbacks. I don't believe even ONE MARKER that you listed above is a blowback. Maybe you better stick to your talon, sir.
No, hes right for the most part, the Angel isnt, but the other guns function basically the same as a blowback, technically they are blowforwards, but only because the ram forces them forward, they work on the same basic design as a blowback.

ENDO!

mykroft
07-14-2002, 02:16 PM
None of the guns listed are blowback designs. The Angel and the Impy are open-bolt, pneumatic ram markers (Bolt stroke is fully pneumatic), the bushmaster is almost the same, but the ram stroke is half-sprung (Pneumatic return), a Timmy is internally identical to a bushmaster. The only similarity to spyders is the stacked tube bodies, but the operation is a simplified cocker style.

The E-Mag is an electro-grip, but with the powerfull solenoid and large battery, as well as the non-blowback design, it doesn't have the weakness of the Electro-spyders, which is hammer-sear engagement problems. So thus, it, and the Matrix (Which is also a semi-mechanical marker) are easily the equal of electro-pneumatics, while electro-spyders are not.

TheBigRaguPB4L
07-15-2002, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by blackmag3
no the reason i say dont go with an electro spyder is kingman doesnt exactly stand for a quality product. i also dont like the general design of the stacked tube blow back that spyders of course are. maybe next time before you post my opinion for me you could atleast ask me what my opinion is.

ummmmmmmmmm.........yeah. ok, sure.:rolleyes:

pumpamatic
07-15-2002, 12:38 AM
My friend has one, it's sitting at a paintball store stumping the heck out of the store owner. On it's 3rd day of use it would fire only a fraction of the time he pulled the trigger. He takes it back to where he bought it, and after a good week of service on it, it's still not working. Talking with the store owner he says playing with the solenoid the little bit he did hasn't worked, he seems to think it came from the factory missing some bushings or something has worn out. From what I've seen, avoid this gun. I don't have any experience with the BKO, but I'd say for your price and it's big bro's rep, look into it. And me personally, I'd take the mag or BKO any day, it gets you more respect when the better guys are choosing teams:D

And blackmag3, explain to me why you consider an electro spyder not a true electro. Is a hyperframed mag or a racegun cocker true electro?

tick03
07-15-2002, 12:42 AM
I would just go with the most reliable , or just stick with one of the 2 original best markers in market and have been for a good while , a mag or a cocker (mag) electros are nice but a nice original mechincal marker will get the job done just as well and save on paint with a little lower bps. It just takes one shot. lol

blackmag3
07-15-2002, 12:57 AM
yeah ragu i dont consider any spyder with an e frame a true electro and your right that the emag is similar in that aspect. my point was i wasnt suggesting to not buy an e framed spyder just cause its not a true electro. i say dont go with one because of the quality you end up with. and no i dont consider a hyper framed mag a real electro. to me a real electro is when you design the gun to be electro from the get go. id rather have an em1 than a spyder flash cause of that reason. that might be an odd way of looking at it but hey everyone is entitled to their own opinion.