PDA

View Full Version : Power tube tip prob: to locktite or not to locktite?

Brian68mag
07-13-2002, 07:08 PM
well it started last weekend, my power tube tip came loose in a game and the gun stopped firing, i walked off the field angry and took it apart and tightened it as much as i could. Next game all is good, then the next game after that it does it again! except it spilt all the guts in the bolt LOLOL. I decide to put a tad bit of blue locktite on it, after its tightened i realise i put a oring on the wrong side of the spacer haha so i sit there for a few mins and get the thing off, correct the problem, put one thread of blue locktite on and played the rest of the day. Today im practicing snapping and it did it again.
So should i get lots and lots of red locktite and just perma glue the damned thing on there or is something wrong with the tip?

Thanx.

personman
07-13-2002, 07:27 PM
The exact same thing kept happening to me.
It was coming off after long strings ect, and I had the guts in the bolt too (hard to get out. lol)
Really all I did was took it to a proshop last week and told him I needed a pt oring and he diddnt have any so I went to another and they diddnt have any but then a guy went out to his car and got one.. replaced the one on the tip
This fixed it, I played all day saturday.
Sence then I havent taken the old mag apart to see how the tip is doing, but I imagine its fine.

FooTemps
07-13-2002, 07:37 PM
You shouldn't permanently glue it on! Then you couldn't lvl 10 the damn thing! lol

Omicron
07-13-2002, 07:55 PM
Replace the oring on the powertube tip.

lunchbox
07-13-2002, 08:27 PM
instead of gluing it if the o ring dont work get a new tip
http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=45&CATID=6
only 10 dollars i had to buy one when mine snaped off no idea what happen but easy enough and cheaply enough to fix