PDA

View Full Version : parts for RT Pro

silver0ckt
07-13-2002, 07:08 PM
Hi guys,

I've got more questions...I'm currently working on getting an RT Pro with a warp feed setup. What do you think of the following items/upgrades:

-droptech drop forward
-12v Revolution (x-board)
-crossfire 88/4500 hpa tank or 68/4500 flatline hpa tank
-Dye 10" Boomstick barrel

Also, I've been checking out some places (modified paintball.com and paintball-online.com) and was wondering if you guys know which places have the best prices on the items listed above?

I've read somewhere about some guy that claims he has an 18v revvy (with x-board)...is that possible? Or did he modify/overclock it somehow?

thanks again for the help!

Anthony (hoping to join the RT Pro family soon!)

silver0ckt
07-13-2002, 10:30 PM
thanks for the link! it was really informative.

now, I still gotta find and buy some parts :)

Anthony

Hexis
07-13-2002, 10:46 PM
The drop is going to tepend on what tank you get and how you like your gun setup.

I highly suggest an adjustable tank for the RT. The flatline is fully adjustable output. Plus it's AGD. Can't go wrong there.

Skip the whole Revy thing and go straight to HALO, you won't regret it. If for some reason the Warp is acting up on you, you will be able to run just the HALO with no problems.

On a side note, overclock? how do you speed up the clock on a hopper? Do you mean use a higher voltage?

subbeh
07-13-2002, 11:01 PM
Modified Paintball has the best prices I've found on warps, plus good customer service and he's an all around nice guy.

darklord
07-13-2002, 11:18 PM
Personally, I'd back away from the crossfire 88 4500... I own one myself, and it's incredibly heavy. If you don't have enough arm muscle it's a pain to haul around. Gives you a good # of shots per fill, but I'm selling mine to get two 45 4500's instead. Don't get a Crossfire 68 4500 either, for some reason they came shipped with faulty regulators, and the burst disc blows immediately upon filling. If you get a 68/4500 get a flatline or a PMI if you want a screw in.

Edit- Oh and I disagree with what the guy above said, in terms of getting a HALO. A 12v revvy and warp will do just fine, and will have no problems keeping up with your ROF. My $.02

silver0ckt
07-14-2002, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the advice guys...I'll look harder for the flatline air tank instead....you guys are awesome! :cool:

As far as the halo vs warp/revvy debate, I'm confused as all hell in that arena! :p But I already bought a warpfeed and I figured I'll give it a try with a revvy. I also like the idea of relocating the hopper from up top to the side of the marker and I'm not too concerned with the added weight of the warpfeed.

Sorry for the term 'overclock'. I just read somewhere that a guy claimed he was running an 18v revvy. So from the responses I've received, it seems he was just running a higher voltage.

Do any of you guys have the airtank on your belt (on your back) and run an airline from the tank to your marker? My coworker has his setup this way--he says it makes it alot lighter to carry and easier to change directions. But I haven't seen many pics online of people running this setup.

thanks again,

Anthony

Hexis
07-14-2002, 05:11 PM
I ran remote for a long time. I much prefeer my tank on the gun now. For a few reasons:

The gun is an individual part, it's not attached to your harness/pack

The tank acts as a stock and allows for a more stable firing platform. This allows me more accurate shooting and faster ROF.

The extra weight does make life a lil more difficult, but I think it's worth it.

silver0ckt
07-15-2002, 08:37 PM
thanks for the input guys....I wanted to find out what are the preferred drop-forwards out there that will work for an rt pro with flatline tank? i've checked out some websites and found some that are even adjustable and can locate the air tank off center (dunno why anybody would want to do that though)?

Anthony