PDA

View Full Version : Automag problems - air system

Crap_Boy_Smith
07-14-2002, 10:23 AM
I have problems with my automag calssic powerfeed gun.

It is having problems re pressurizing after firing with CO2

It hisses after fire if the velocity is turned slightly down and is way hot turned up a little (like 1/8 - 1/16 turn)

The bolt appears to get "stuck" halfway cocked and sometimes double feeds occur - I have tried greasing up and replacing o-rings and it appears not to work

Also, It doesnt come from short stroking the trigger either as it happens when I single fire as well after the first shot.

Any suggestions??

Matthew

mykroft
07-14-2002, 05:55 PM
New Bolt spring. Looks like the gun isn't recocking properly. You may need a new sear as well, but get a new bolt spring first and try that.

Crap_Boy_Smith
07-14-2002, 08:55 PM
I have already tried replacing the bolt spring from a parts kit that I have

I think I might need a spacer kit - it could be a strange case of bolt stick

BTW how do spacer kits actually work to fix bolt stick, and how far should the bolt spring stick out over the bolt?

Thanks
Matt

rikkter
07-15-2002, 03:18 PM
yeah spacers do fix bolt stick.
this is what it says on hte back of the kit.
if you experience leaking down the barrel, install the next size shorter spacer and retest the marker.
If you experience bolt stick, install the next size longer spacer and retest the marker.

FrAuStY
07-15-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Crap_Boy_Smith
BTW how do spacer kits actually work to fix bolt stick, and how far should the bolt spring stick out over the bolt?

Thanks
Matt

At least 1/8"

Ityl
07-16-2002, 10:28 AM
what are you greasing up? The only oiling you sould do is put a couple drops of PB gun oil down the ASA and shoot it 10-20 times without the barrel on.

Crap_Boy_Smith
07-16-2002, 10:32 AM
I am just greasing the o-rings - It says somewhere (cant remember now) That a little oil should be place around the o-rings to help them seal

My guess is that my problem is just bolt stick and I need the spacers