PDA

View Full Version : How to build a Hyperball field?

Pand0ra
07-14-2002, 02:39 PM
Which material are used to build those kind of fields?

Just wondering, because there's no fields like that in Belgium, and it seems funny to play on them.

@++

irbodden
07-14-2002, 03:01 PM
Its tubing, you could get it in scraps cheap/free from whoever works on the sewers.. Someone on here will be able to give you the exact name on it..

FreshmanBob
07-14-2002, 03:10 PM
LOL thats from AO day, i played a bunch of games on it. Plays pretty nicely too. The only thing i don't like about tubing is you tend to get covered in splatter, but it is fun. Also, they used some kind of foam adhesive to hold them together.

FistS
07-14-2002, 03:13 PM
They cauked(sp) the gaps between the tubes, it held well yesterday, i was impressed. Grea fields and high grass made sliding fun;)

rehme
07-14-2002, 05:36 PM
at my field it is just started opening they used like 55 gallon plastic barrels and for some special bunkers you want to make you can chop them in half and tie them together with a small rope. If you want a big bunker we used like 6 55 gallon metal barrels and just welded it together

Blazingace
07-14-2002, 07:30 PM
It is some kind of heavy plastic tubing. They do use it for sewers and drainage. The corrugation makes it rigid. It was mostly cut in half and staked together with re-bar. The foaming adhesive fills the cracks and bonds it in place. It was great fun to play on. I really can't wait to do it again.

lunchbox
07-14-2002, 07:37 PM
hyperball feilds are the best fields i ever played on yes you get splatter but there great fun and add stratagy to speedball hide your barrel between the ridges wait for a shot and bam da back player strikes another kill. when i go to a feild i usually check to see if there is a hyperball feild there if not i will travel farther away to play at one. Just a personal preferance i guess.

Jonno06
07-14-2002, 09:12 PM
and it sounds so awesome when the balls are hitting the tubing inches from you when ur playing as tight in as u can.....

airball sounds even better...i played pimp arse airball today...great stuff....

yup,its just tubing..we have a wood field(speedball,with wood bunkers) and some of the bunkers have hyperball tubes on the tops,or the side...its cuu

CpSuPeRkId
07-14-2002, 10:32 PM
ya hyperball is the best ever, something about it, its just black tubing and it makes for the best paintball ever. i like it better than sup air

Pand0ra
07-15-2002, 02:36 PM
Any idea of the name of those tubes, the company making them, or something like that?

We use concrete 99% of the time here (for the sewers of course), which is quite hard to cut in half :D .

@++

liigod
07-15-2002, 02:38 PM
i like good hyperball much better than i like airball

Troy
07-15-2002, 04:23 PM
Brass Eagle sells hyperball fields. Something like $60,000 for a field with lights and netting. Your best bet is to talk to someone in the construction industry for a better price.

DarkRipper
07-16-2002, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Pand0ra
Any idea of the name of those tubes, the company making them, or something like that?

We use concrete 99% of the time here (for the sewers of course), which is quite hard to cut in half :D .

@++

http://greatwesternliner.com/pipe.html

:)

Shoot them an email. I'm not sure about European distributors... good luck. Maybe the people at that link can help you find one over there.

DR

Pand0ra
07-18-2002, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the infos. That's exactly what I needed !

Btw Troy, for this price I could build easily 12 Sup'Air fields 5vs5, or 6 10vs10. Seems very expensive hehe.

@++

Troy
07-18-2002, 01:20 PM
You also might want to try WDP. I beleive they "invented" hyperball.

07-18-2002, 08:03 PM
Go to construction sites in your neighborhood they will usually give u extra for free because its cheaper to give it away then dispose of it.

Mav D MagMan
07-18-2002, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Troy
You also might want to try WDP. I beleive they "invented" hyperball.

I thought that was SC Village? Well at least I know they were the ones who developed modern speedball and they have several Hyperball Fields.

Mav

dansim
07-18-2002, 08:18 PM
nope it was wdp, anyway my favorite part is when your in a tall stand up and the ball hits just right inside the top of the tube and you can hear it spinnin around inside the tube..man thats great

rudy
07-18-2002, 08:22 PM
Its interesting what one person likes another hates. What one person thinks is skill another thinks is lame. I was just thinking about how ironic it is that I and my freinds mostly hate "hyperball" I cant stand the corrugated edges that allow people to camp out on them and have less of a chance of getting hit. I like hard, and strait edged bunkers that force you to come out to see and shoot. And I never really tought anyone would like that. I prefer inflated bunkers except that people like to push them to the side or smash themselves into them to take an advantage.

DarkRipper
07-19-2002, 09:16 AM
It makes for more aggressive games, you have to move to get the angles rather than relying on a "sit and outshoot" strategy.

That's why they've gone to Sup-air and hyperball... better visuals for spectators than the hard edge bunkers you like.

DR