PDA

View Full Version : Level 10 velocity question.

Moats
07-14-2002, 04:27 PM
I havent been able to chrono my gun since i got it set up. I have 1.5 carrier 2 shims and longest bolt spring. I have a tourney next week, so if im shooting hot what can i do to make it lower. I can turn down velocity or gun wont cycle.

Do i just switch to a shorter spring, will that work.

Thanks

rehme
07-14-2002, 05:14 PM
why dont you just chrony at the torney all of the torneys i have been had like 3 chronys there

VBmag87
07-14-2002, 05:20 PM
Switching to the next smaller spring should do it. Then you can turn down your velocity.Since you are using the longest spring switch to the middle sized one the one that looks wierd. Then when you get to the tourny you can chrono there to your desired velocity.

Blazingace
07-14-2002, 07:39 PM
Its between the friction of the carrier, the spring length and the velocity. You must balance the first two against the last to get the setup you like the most. If you need to adjust the velocity you can change to a light spring or bigger carrier depending on you conditions. But if you make a change in the spring or carrier you must make a change in the velocity adjustment. Otherwise the gun won't cycle or the bolt speed will be too fast and chops might occur.