PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of Selling my Mini for a cocker. Any Advice / Offers?

striker
07-14-2002, 05:38 PM
Okay, I really like my Mini-Mag, and it works flawlessly, but I guess I've just got some sort of cocker
lust going on here... (GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE GUTTER :) ) My friend has a cocker and I
really, really like it. I figured that if I sell my mag, I'll have enough for a new 02 cocker, and I can buy
a 10" DYE barrel of some sort. I would keep my 12V X-board revvy, and my 68ci Nitro tank, and
possibly my Lapco D/F. That would give me a VERY nice setup, one that I would LOVE! But I am a bit
worried about having an Autococker, like what might happen when I play in rain/mud, or other dismal
conditions. I frankly know jack squat about Autocockers, so if something happend, I woulden't know what to do (but some friends of mine would) What is your opinion of my situation. I'd love to hear your
input, so give me some advice, please!

Also, seeing as there is a 75% chance of my buying an Autococker, I'll list what I've likely got up for
sale, so you guys can have first dibs at it.

A grey H/R Mini-Mag serial # in the 10,000's Works like a charm, no problems (thanks BigDog!)
Comes with:
-A vertical adapter and a 6-stage expansion chamber I can install before sending it off if you prefer
-a Foregrip (currently installed)
-Macroline connections (currently installed. If the expansion chamber is perfered, SS hosing will be
used)
-10" SS DYE barrel. Awsome condition. Minor scratches on the OUTSIDE, with the DYE logo fading, but
the inside is flawless.
-A clear elbow (with screws!)
-Lapco Drop forward
-I might also be able to include a 12oz Anti-syphon tank fitted to the ASA adapter. We'll see
-parts kit with all the necessities to keeping that mini-mag running.

That's it. If there's anything else, I'll let you know. Looking for no less than $350, but let me hear
what you've got for me. Thanks guys!! :)

BajaBoy
07-14-2002, 05:58 PM
yea i agree cocker are pretty nice my friend have a 00' maybe with 14" AA and 88ci 3000psi melee.. it shoots ok i guess.. not very fast but good shot.. i played with it on a sup-air field and did ok.. but the thing like froze so i hit the back block of it.. seamed to be fine lol.. but about rain they should be ok. Fixen em.. uh.. im great with that stuff and iknow how they work so i did ok with it. but if your not the type 2 si down and lurn i wouldnt even think about it.. (also i used my mag the next game and took 4 out of the 5 people out so u know.. ;) (stick with the mag)

InfinatyBPS
07-14-2002, 05:58 PM
Sounds like a good setup, Stock VF cockers are very high quality and reliable... as long as you don't touch any part of it other than the velocity(don't mess with the pressure with reg) Then you will be fine, just put some oil in the ASA, cock the gun, air it up, your set to play... I say get one, and if you ever decide you want to upgrade in the future, learning to time your gun is easy to learn... learning to time it well is another story, if you don't know how to install/adjust something, give it to your friend if you KNOW that he knows what hes doing, if not pay $20-$60 to get it adjusted...

mykroft
07-14-2002, 06:08 PM
DYE doesn't make their good single-bore barrels anymore, so go with an SP or J&J barrel instead. I've got a 2K2 stock cocker, works like a charm.

Tunaman
07-14-2002, 06:51 PM
Only a fool would sell their Mini for a cocker...

1stdeadeye
07-14-2002, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Tunaman
Only a fool would sell their Mini for a cocker...

Damn straight!!!!!!
PM AGDJon about his Mini set up. It is incredible!

automag223
07-14-2002, 07:47 PM
i think a moderater will catch this but i will tell u too...this should go in the classifides fourm....but i would stick with the mini!@!!

DarkRipper
07-15-2002, 07:25 AM
What kind of advice do you expect on a mag oriented forum?

:)

If you want to try a cocker, go for it. Remember that they can be a little finicky, especially if you're the type who has to tear everything apart immediately to learn how to use them.

If you're the type that just wants to drive the car rather than learn to work on it, then you'll be fine with the stock setup. Don't let anyone fool you into upgrades you probably won't need.

:)
I personally love cockers. The back block is mesmerizing.

;)
DR

lunchbox
07-15-2002, 08:45 AM
ok take this advice
stop slap yourself in the forehead a few hundred times and say what the hell could i possably been thinking. if this dont work do it a few more times eventualy you will realize this is a bad decision.
dont do it put the cocker down its only a toy, your grown up now take your mag and walk away from the cocker owner who was hoping to get a deal off you.

Knives
07-15-2002, 12:20 PM
go for it man, but start stock or do what i did, start with just a body. I was lucky and picked up an amazing minicocker body kit for real cheap.

07-15-2002, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by DarkRipper
What kind of advice do you expect on a mag oriented forum?

go for the autococker, i like mine

AcemanPB
07-15-2002, 05:21 PM
yeah if thats what you want then go for it, but i'm sticking with my mag, not really fond of the long cocker trigger (yes i know upgrades make it shorter!) and knowing me i'll take it all apart the day i get it just to see what it looks like

liigod
07-15-2002, 05:26 PM
go for the cocker, they have a much better feel i think.

FreshmanBob
07-15-2002, 05:28 PM
just wait for level 10 to go into full production. Then you can tinker around with it like a cocker and still have it as super reliable as a mag.

Besides, cockers are bigger money pits than mags :cool:

automan39
07-15-2002, 05:28 PM
ask ur friend if u could borrow his cocker 4 a day and then decide. i personally prefer mags but i like cockers also.

striker
07-19-2002, 02:28 AM
Thanks. I'll probably sell my mag. Anyone want it? Check the classifieds. :)