PDA

View Full Version : heh, another LVL 10 question about getting springs to work

p8ntballa
07-14-2002, 07:34 PM
Well I've had my level 10 a few days and no matter what I do, I cant get any springs but the stock to work. Its set now with the .5 carrier 4 shims and the stock spring. I change it just about everyday to try stuff. It chronos fine and doesnt chop until you shoot the same ball in the same spot 3-7 times it will finally break and ooze out (Anarchy and WPF anarchy). Even with the velosity all the way in and my tank input way up it wont fire. Just curious what to do, I want to see it soft as possible.

Blazingace
07-14-2002, 07:46 PM
Is it a stock Valve? I built my stock valve up with the either the 1 or 1.5 carrier, can't remember right now, and the short spring. I had to turn my velocity way up to get it to work. My Retro on the other hand has the mid spring and 1.0 carrier and I didn't turn it up nearly as much. I was wondering about that myself. You could try a larger carrier, the .5 is pretty tight. With both my valves I can hammer away at Viper Platinum paint without any mishap at all.

p8ntballa
07-14-2002, 07:49 PM
Yeah its a stock valve. When I first set it up I started with the 2 and longest spring and went to 2.5, 1.5 and 1, then i tried the .5 knowing it wouldnt work. I cranked the velosity all the way in each time.

Blazingace
07-14-2002, 07:59 PM
My stock valve is almost all the way in. I might have 1/2 a turn left on the nut. Try the short spring and go back up in carrier size with a couple turns out on the nut and see what happens. Once you get the gun firing reliably then try to see how soft you can make it on paint. I am a little puzzled about the velocity on the stock valve since the reg. seems to be so much bigger on my Retro valve. That might do it. I did have to turn my retro up about 3/4 to a full turn with the mid spring and 1.0 carrier.

Cypres0099
07-14-2002, 09:55 PM
Did you try emptying an entire bottle of oil into it? :D

I seem to be the only one who wants to try a stronger spring than the strongest one in there. I want to see if with a stronger spring I could move up a carrier size so it won't need as much oil.

AGD
07-14-2002, 10:48 PM
Make sure your tank is feeding enough pressure into your gun. If you have a screw in without a guage you don't know where it's at.

AGD

Mossman
07-14-2002, 11:50 PM
he's got a macdev adjustable so I dont think thats the problem, and with the stock spring it does work fine. I love when Tom answers tech questions :)

p8ntballa
07-15-2002, 09:50 AM
How its set up now it will shoot fine with 700 input, with the longer springs I have tried 800-1150 input and velosity all the way in. It doesnt shoot, the trigger pull just gets near unbareable. I will try some more oil.